• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flip flops?

Shall I

• Conveniently leave them at home, and lie that I could not find them.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Tell her it was a nice thought, but I need have ugly feet and need to cover them up.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I cant wear them because they are soooooooooo gay....and I'm not!

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Winkle

Manager
Me and the Mrs are going away next week and I have spent most of the day packing my stuff. Compared to the beloved, I have about a quarter of the suitcase for all my gear and the rest is hers (everything but the kitchen sink) She was out shopping last week and bought me some "Flip flops". Now I didnt really want to tell her but I have always felt a bit uncomfortable about wearing flip flops, in fact, I have never worn any as I think they are a bit "poofie". This goes for sandals as well, as I dont like anything in between my pinkies as it were. Everyone seems to be wearing them But I cant bring myself to tell her that its trainers or nothing. What should I do?

Last edited:
Sandals are cool, but not with bits that stick between your toes..

Socks and sandals Cricko...it's the way of the future

Dark Grey or Black, pulled up to just below the calf. If nothing else, everyone will know you are English.

Mate - come on...

Flip flop are superb...Nice and light for the summer, fashionable if you get the right sort and good for tanned feet and hygenie.

Wore mine to Brighton away last season and Orient at home and as we lost both decided to change it around but really do love em. Even been to a club in my various pair....Plus Simon Francis and Lewis Hunt wear them too....

Flip-flops = beachwear and the only place where such footwear should be permitted by LAW, apart from public showers. My biggest pet hate closely followed by Girls walking down the street continually pulling their short skirts down. Buy a longer freaking skirt !

Flip-flops = beachwear and the only place where such footwear should be permitted by LAW, apart from public showers. My biggest pet hate closely followed by Girls walking down the street continually pulling their short skirts down. Buy a longer freaking skirt !

Dont complain you love it Tony. Bet you sneak a cheeky look dont ya?

The latest "fashion" at my daughter's school is shiny skin tone tights with short black socks, worn under a very short black skirt - suitably rolled over at the top, with the tights if necessary!

And all topped off with the sort of brightly coloured frilly "over the top" knickers, that you used to put on baby girls to cover their nappies! They think it's hilarious, I've told them it's incredibly tacky, but hey, what do mums know? I just wish the school would be a bit firmer with implementing their uniform policy.

Oh, and btw - nothing at all wrong with flip flops, as long as the wearer has feet that are in viewable condition - nowt worse than manky feet!

Flip flops are in no way gay, they are fashionable footwear as long as you have the right sort and a bit of style. Definately nothing wrong wrong with them especially if you're going on holiday.

Flip flops are in no way gay, they are fashionable footwear as long as you have the right sort and a bit of style. Definately nothing wrong wrong with them especially if you're going on holiday.
See thats my dilema, Flip flops are something that girls took away on there hols to wear in sunny weather and thats what is programmed into my brain. They are just not me ......at all. The only people who woar flip flops a few years ago were, Girls or Germans, not us brits. They just seem rather poofie to me, thats all!

Back