• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flood Defences

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I was watching the BBC this morning, and they were talking about building on Flood Plains. It got me thinking, could the flood risk at Fossetts Farm cause us to "lose" the public enquiry?

I vaguely remember the Environment Agency being somewhat concerned about the level of the flood consideration, and I am worried that (in light of the last couple of months flooding and the criticism the Environment Agency have had) this may now become a bigger problem than it originally was.

Can someone who has a better understanding of these issues let me know if this is in fact a problem, or am I worrying unduly?

Last edited:
I was watching the BBC this morning, and they were talking about building on Flood Plains. It got me thinking, could the flood risk at Fossetts Farm cause us to "lose" the public enquiry?

I vaguely remember the Environment Agency being somewhat concerned about the level of the flood consideration, and I am worried that (in light of the last couple of months flooding and the criticism the Environment Agency have had) this may now become a bigger problem than it originally was.

Can someone who has a better understanding of these issues let me know if this is in fact a problem, or am I worrying unduly?

As far as I know the Stadium site is not on a flood plain. The land is actually 15 to 20 Metres above sea level & is some 1500 Metres away from the River Roach.

Can't see flooding being an issue.

Just checked the Environment Agency website & the site for our new Stadium is not on a flood plain.

Last edited:
As far as I know the Stadium site is not on a flood plain. The land is actually 15 to 20 Metres above sea level & is some 1500 Metres away from the River Roach.

Can't see flooding being an issue.

Just checked the Environment Agency website & the site for our new Stadium is not on a flood plain.

And nor is Sheffield!

I'm not talking about the site being in a flood plain. What I am getting at is if we concrete over what is currently a field and we have the amount of rain other parts of the country have had will we create a risk? That water has to go somewhere. I know we have included some run off area, but is that going to be considered adequate? Given the amount of stick the Environment Agency has received lately, are they going to take another, more in depth look at this?

IIRC, this was all brought up in the Flood Attenuation Document that the Council initially saw problems with, but were later satisfied with and hence gave the green light. There must be suitable precautions in place to prevent this occuring for the Council to accept it...

Back