• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Confirmed we didn't get international clearance in time.

That leaves things in a strange situation........didn't think that you would need international clearance to appear as a trialist in a reserve game (probably getting confused with friendlies). Does he fly away and come back another day? (next Wednesday at Peterborough) Will he stay and train with us? Is the onus on the club or the individual to get clearance?..............if it's the latter perhaps he may search for trials with other clubs, whilst he's in England?..............suppose we shall just have to wait and see. Would be interesting, if anyone that goes down to B&L, to see if they could spot him.

Match report also states his name as Florest Aziri... I do love how the club keeps up the air of mystery surrounding our foreign trialists, by giving them approximately 8 different names.

Anyone know if he is still on the radar?

Looks as though we could have quite a few more from Europe coming in on trial over the coming months...

OS

Perhaps if a player plays in a trial, and then signs on Loan, the emergency loan period of 93 days goes back to the first trial game he plays in, and therefore PS wants to get as many days as possible out of him (and by my calculations, that would net him one extra saturday)

Anyone know if he is still on the radar?

Looks as though we could have quite a few more from Europe coming in on trial over the coming months...

OS

An interesting change of philosophy with Tilly as far as loan players are concerned. Seems as though he is only interested in players that may eventually end up signing for us. Doesn't look as though quid pro quo deals with clubs for short term loans, e.g. essentially enabling the player recovers fitness whilst playing for us, are his cup of tea.

Last edited:
Perhaps if a player plays in a trial, and then signs on Loan, the emergency loan period of 93 days goes back to the first trial game he plays in, and therefore PS wants to get as many days as possible out of him (and by my calculations, that would net him one extra saturday)

Good point.

If Aziri is still on the PS radar, then going by the OS article I posted above and if he is as good as the video suggests, he is nailed on to sign in Jan...

Does seem a talented lad. Celtic were interested a couple of seasons back, as were Kaiserslautern and a few other decent sized clubs. Perhaps he has lost his way playing in Kosovo. It can't be the best of places to get recognised!

I would like to see this lad in action. He looks very exciting to watch.

Good point.

If Aziri is still on the PS radar, then going by the OS article I posted above and if he is as good as the video suggests, he is nailed on to sign in Jan...

Does seem a talented lad. Celtic were interested a couple of seasons back, as were Kaiserslautern and a few other decent sized clubs. Perhaps he has lost his way playing in Kosovo. It can't be the best of places to get recognised!

Did pose the question about him yesterday morning.......................would be interested to know whether he is training with the club? If that was the case, he could feature in our reserve fixture against Peterborough next Wednesday.

Good point.

Forget about Aziri, that means Josh Simpson should be on our radar for a permanent move.

That is excellent news.

Josh Simpson is definitely better central midfield. If PS is starting to get keen on the 5-3-3 formation Aziri would be ideal. He is two-footed according to his web profile- most are described as left or right- he rarely is both.

Hall, Soares, Zaboob, Aziri would cover the wide beths nicely and Spencer can play down the right too. Sturrock or Corr down the middle. Patterson however is more of a 4-2-2? Not sure- might be fine down the middle too?

If you are planning on 4-4-2 not sure you would be looking at any more wide playes as you would always want to play Grant, Easton and Simpson (which means Simpson out right?)

Josh Simpson is definitely better central midfield. If PS is starting to get keen on the 5-3-3 formation Aziri would be ideal. He is two-footed according to his web profile- most are described as left or right- he rarely is both.

Hall, Soares, Zaboob, Aziri would cover the wide beths nicely and Spencer can play down the right too. Sturrock or Corr down the middle. Patterson however is more of a 4-2-2? Not sure- might be fine down the middle too?

If you are planning on 4-4-2 not sure you would be looking at any more wide playes as you would always want to play Grant, Easton and Simpson (which means Simpson out right?)

5-3-3 is a far better formation than 4-2-2

If PS is starting to get keen on the 5-3-3 formation Aziri would be ideal.

Patterson however is more of a 4-2-2?
Quite like the idea of a 5-3-3 formation if we get a referee with dyscalculia.

Not really sure that a 4-2-2 would get us in a play-off place though, as playing with 2 less than the other team generally doesn't work well. ;)

Edit: damn beaten to it by that clueless bloke! :thumbdown:

I'd hope we keep him on until next weeks game to give him a chance in that. Although perhaps he was one of the two trialists involved against Dagenham last week anyway?

I'd hope we keep him on until next weeks game to give him a chance in that. Although perhaps he was one of the two trialists involved against Dagenham last week anyway?

Couldn't have been as we are waiting for international clearance!

After watching us Vs Torquay last weekend (my first SUFC game for long time) I would say Josh Simpson is miles better than Mark Gower!

Back