• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Florida Villas

Some great advise on here Jam, but having been about 5 times they have it seems, forgotten to mention Wet 'n Wild which is another great place for all the family.

http://www.wetnwildorlando.com/map.ph

Having stayed on "The Strip International Drive" once for only 2 nights, I vowed never again and always flew into Tampa from then on, stayed at a lovely hotel in Clearwater and made trips from there.

Wet 'n Wild? Thats another Hooters type venue surely Cricko ?

Planning on going to Tampa at some point, take its worth a drive then?

Wet 'n Wild? Thats another Hooters type venue surely Cricko ?

Planning on going to Tampa at some point, take its worth a drive then?
Personally, I wouldn't, unless you DO intend to do Busch Gardens. About 2/2.5 hours drive each way. On the subject of Wet n Wild, I think the Disney water parks are better - but that's personal preference.

If you DO fancy a drive, my recommendation would be to go to Kennedy Space Center - absolutely awesome place, plus quite a pleasant drive.

Personally, I wouldn't, unless you DO intend to do Busch Gardens. About 2/2.5 hours drive each way. On the subject of Wet n Wild, I think the Disney water parks are better - but that's personal preference.

If you DO fancy a drive, my recommendation would be to go to Kennedy Space Center - absolutely awesome place, plus quite a pleasant drive.

An hour and a half at the most Kay :dim: Kennedy is a good call though and I once saw the shuttle take off completely by accident.By that I mean I had no idea it was taking off that day, not it took off on it's own.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=U...wGssMK&ei=VCVLUOOlAcqb0QXO4AE&ved=0CCEQ-A8wAA

I just found it nicer to be based at a lovely beach resort than closer to Orlando Jam.

clearwaterbeachflorida2.jpg

That does look nice.

I personally would rather be miles away from Disney, but will take one for the team. However I do want to see a little more of Florida than just Mickey Mouse land so will certainly make an effort to get out and about.

1.5 hours isnt bad, I drive that to work !

That does look nice.I personally would rather be miles away from Disney, but will take one for the team. However I do want to see a little more of Florida than just Mickey Mouse land so will certainly make an effort to get out and about.1.5 hours isnt bad, I drive that to work !
To be fair, the very best of both worlds is to book 3 weeks, do the first two manically in Orlando then go to the west coast to chill on the beach! We tried that first time we went for two weeks, one week in each, which really wasn't enough to do Disney.

That does look nice.

I personally would rather be miles away from Disney, but will take one for the team. However I do want to see a little more of Florida than just Mickey Mouse land so will certainly make an effort to get out and about.

1.5 hours isnt bad, I drive that to work !

If you're looking to see more of Florida, you should definitely check out fort lauderde or the Keys. Key West is an absolutely brilliant little place, and the drive is well worth doing. Naples is also a nice place to visit.

Kennedy space centre was always worth a look as well.

My dad tells me that Kissimmee villas, 4/5 bedrooms are selling for £50k at the moment!!! With the missus about to drop, I had a think about it....

Has MK now been converted I wonder? ps Wet N Wild is now Volcano Bay. Im gutted because the Great Movie Ride is closing next month before we get there!

Has MK now been converted I wonder? ps Wet N Wild is now Volcano Bay. Im gutted because the Great Movie Ride is closing next month before we get there!

Me? Converted to what?

Ah ok. No. I still hate theme parks and always will and unless I win the lottery I can't see it happening anyway.

. Im gutted because the Great Movie Ride is closing next month before we get there!

That's a shame, really enjoyed that. Do you know what they are replacing it with?. Last Sept we saw the new Wet & Wild being constructed on the other side of the motorway, nearer to Universal.
We were told that the 'old' Wet & Wild was going to be a property development?.

That's a shame, really enjoyed that. Do you know what they are replacing it with?. Last Sept we saw the new Wet & Wild being constructed on the other side of the motorway, nearer to Universal.
We were told that the 'old' Wet & Wild was going to be a property development?.

an attraction called Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, in so-called 2 and 1/2 D

Back