• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
I see that Bury players are paying their own air fares to fly to and from Pompey this Saturday so that they can return home quicker and fresher for their 'cup final' against the mighty Southend on Tuesday, which lets face it will be a real six pointer.

As we have two long away vital trips within a few days, I wonder what our mode of transport will be? Both Exeter and Manchester have airports and so do we? Does any one know and will it actually make any difference?

Interesting info. Psychologically, the fact that they're paying for it will give them a positive boost for the match with us. We can usurp that if our players pay for their flights as well, but not if the club pays.

That said I don't think we've had much success over the years when taking to the skies.

Interesting info. Psychologically, the fact that they're paying for it will give them a positive boost for the match with us. We can usurp that if our players pay for their flights as well, but not if the club pays.

That said I don't think we've had much success over the years when taking to the skies.

Will it? Or will they think that the club don't seem to care about promotion enough to fork out for the flight?

Wonder if they're flying by private jet? Champagne, women, poker table? Lines of white? Private jet would allow us to deploy counter measures - Surface to air over Wycombe FC anyone!

I see that Bury players are paying their own air fares to fly to and from Pompey this Saturday so that they can return home quicker and fresher for their 'cup final' against the mighty Southend on Tuesday, which lets face it will be a real six pointer.

As we have two long away vital trips within a few days, I wonder what our mode of transport will be? Both Exeter and Manchester have airports and so do we? Does any one know and will it actually make any difference?

I hope the older and better paid players are picking up the tab for the youngsters because I suspect there's at least one kid who can't really afford it and has only agreed to it because all the others are doing it.

Can relax and sleep on a coach or play cards.
Packed like a sardine on a plane wondering if the pilot is depressed or not is no good.

See an easy southend win now.:winking:

I flew from Manchester to Exeter for work on Tuesday.

The flight is only 45-50 minutes so makes a lot of sense.

I saw the team getting the train to Fleetwood last season and Tranmere this season. Obviously no good for getting back from Bury on a Tuesday night but they do mix up their transport methods as and when.

I hope the older and better paid players are picking up the tab for the youngsters because I suspect there's at least one kid who can't really afford it and has only agreed to it because all the others are doing it.

I doubt any of the Bury players are particularly well paid.

Hopefully due to high winds the plane gets redirected to some village in Nigeria and we can play against their reserves! :smile:

I flew from Manchester to Exeter for work on Tuesday.

The flight is only 45-50 minutes so makes a lot of sense.

Not much use to us flying from Manchester to Exeter. Would rather we flew from Southend to Exeter and again to Manchester on Monday but I suspect it will be a coach and overnight stay locally.

Back