• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FM 14 -Beta now out

Jam_Man

Life President
Beta released yesterday for those who pre-ordered.

Played it for a couple of hours last night, although that should say tried to play it. I played a couple of games and then it crashed, started new game (hadnt saved the first) and again crashed on same day.

Finally managed to get past the date but not played any more yet.

First thing I noticed is that you have a set amount of wages now and if you go above that you get put under embargo, so we should feel at home.

No reserve teams now by look of it, and not sure why Coker is in our under 21's when you start it off....

I assume Fossetts will still be left out of the game so Ill have to add it back in using the editor, ignoring the fact it will have 3 sides of course....

I thought it was just the Prem that had moved to under-21 and under-18 leagues rather than the football league in real life? Could be FM has that wrong.

I thought it was just the Prem that had moved to under-21 and under-18 leagues rather than the football league in real life? Could be FM has that wrong.

Under EPPP, category 1 and 2 clubs are in the under 21 league and it has replaced the reserve league, which is why we don't play reserve fixtures and have to arrange friendlies.

Beta released yesterday for those who pre-ordered.

Played it for a couple of hours last night, although that should say tried to play it. I played a couple of games and then it crashed, started new game (hadnt saved the first) and again crashed on same day.

Finally managed to get past the date but not played any more yet.

First thing I noticed is that you have a set amount of wages now and if you go above that you get put under embargo, so we should feel at home.

No reserve teams now by look of it, and not sure why Coker is in our under 21's when you start it off....

I assume Fossetts will still be left out of the game so Ill have to add it back in using the editor, ignoring the fact it will have 3 sides of course....

Think you can have a certain number over 21?

Any problems with the data?

Yep you can play your seniors in the U21s

Data seems ok but will need tweaking no doubt, Leonard needs moving as he is still a right back.

Started a save as Coventry, I like a challenge. Start the season with -10 points. 5 games in and I'm already on positive points. 4 goals from Franck Moussa and the game to get me onto positive points was a 3-1 win over Col U!

Took me 3 seasons to get out of League 2. Financial restrictions and a couple of waste of money signings have made it more of a challenge this year. Conor Clifford and Dan Bentley are both key members of my first XI in League 1, where i'm currently sitting 3rd and just won back to back games away at Orient and Col U. In fact, other than Dorian Dervite and Ryan Hall returning too, my team has been radically overhauled.

How would someone who hasn't played a football manager game since the days of the Commodore 64, get on jumping straight into FM 14? And how much time would it take up? How long would it take to play a season? Thanks for any answers, quite interested / tempted in getting it, but might be too far behind the times of playing it.

IT can be fairly involved and daunting, but if you change some of the settings the assistant manager will do a lot of the tedious things.

Theres also a game mode that simplifies it as well if the full blown game is too much.

If you go onto Steam you can grab a demo if you want to give it a whirl.

Conor Clifford is insane!

How are you playing him?

I played a game but got sacked after 12 matches, we were absolutely ****, bottom two.

Started a second game and about half a dozen games in and am around the play-offs but very inconsistent, Mark Gower keeps telling me Clifford isnt living up to expectations. Im playing hims as a ball winning defender in the middle?

IT can be fairly involved and daunting, but if you change some of the settings the assistant manager will do a lot of the tedious things.

Theres also a game mode that simplifies it as well if the full blown game is too much.

If you go onto Steam you can grab a demo if you want to give it a whirl.

Thanks for info does sound a bit daunting! It was the tedious stuff I was worried about, may take the fun out of it for me.

Downloaded Demo played for about 5 hours last night! Didn't win a pre season friendly (even against the Met Police)!
Lost first game V Plymouth 7-3 out of the JTP and Leauge cups and sit second from bottom.
I've got a lot to learn, but think I'm already addicted!

Downloaded Demo played for about 5 hours last night! Didn't win a pre season friendly (even against the Met Police)!
Lost first game V Plymouth 7-3 out of the JTP and Leauge cups and sit second from bottom.
I've got a lot to learn, but think I'm already addicted!

Sounds like you havent worked out how to put the goalkeeper in :)

My first attempt I was in bottom 2 and sacked after 12 games. 2nd attempt Im 9th and at least safe from the chop. Junior Agogo is helping with that...

Sounds like you havent worked out how to put the goalkeeper in :)

My first attempt I was in bottom 2 and sacked after 12 games. 2nd attempt Im 9th and at least safe from the chop. Junior Agogo is helping with that...

Either that or he's starting Smith ahead of Bentley.

Improvements to how much control you have seem to have made it harder this year, or maybe it's just me taking time to adjust to the game.

Started a save with Leicester, finished 4th and lost in the play-off final. New owners came in and sacked me at the start of my second season. Took over Rotherham at the start of 2014-15 season and had to organise a complete overhaul of the team. Took them to 8th (expected 16th) by December when MK Dons lost Robinson to Sheffield Wednesday and I took over at the Dons. First season more play off heartache, this time to Crewe (started to dislike them!). Second season I'm 4 wins and 1 draw from 5 games and through to the third round of the League Cup after two wins against Championship sides.

Have found defending hard to organise on this game. I have tried various tactics and training systems that worked in previous years but with little success. I think I am finally turning it around with my first back-to-back clean sheets in 2 and a bit seasons.

Hugely addictive and fun as always.

Good to know that Fossetts Farm is sitting there on standby, only to be used when we're chucking a few extra seats into the West Stand. :smile:

Roots Hall Expansio.jpg

Back