• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FM 2013 Thread

Manners

Purchased this at the weekend and it arrived yesterday.

Either my computer is getting worse or these games are taken up more and more capacity!

Short of buying a new computer I have started a new game as England manager because I figured with less news and game time I would get on a lot better.

I only managed to get through a few weeks but that was enough to play a friendly v Serbia. My team talk was rubbish when the squad assembled and terrible pre and post match. I wanted to pick a few old blasts from the past as well as some untried talent.

The Squad of 23, after injuries to Oxlade Chamberlain, Rooney and Hart, was:

Ruddy
Green
Fraser Forster
P Neville
A Cole
Caulker
Phil Jones (Vice Captain - thinking long term)
Lescott
Shawcross
Walker
Sinclair
Huddlestone
Noble
Gerrard (Captain - possibly a short term measure but as to not upset the balance)
Kightly
N Dyer
Britten
Nolan
Owen
Graham
Walcott
Carroll
Lambert

I knew full well this wasn't the best available squad to me but wanted to try loads of them and see how they got on. Kightly scored in a 1-1 draw.

Starting line up Was:

Ruddy (GK)
Cole (LB)
Jones (CB)
Caulker (CB)
Walker (RB)
Sinclair (LM)
Nolan (CM)
Gerrard (CM)
Kightly (RM)
Graham (CF)
Walcott (CF)

Always keen to bring back a few olds for old times sake. I like to do things differently as England boss...

Any recommendations on youngsters for the upcoming qualifiers? Have any of you found any superstars?

Need this on my iPad. Been playing FM2012 and got Chemlsford established in the CCC and we're a scouting machine, buying bargains and selling for millions. Not sure if I can really get them into the PL but will try!

Pubey,

That's an amazing achievement!

Any database edits?
What season are you in?
Can you get the full version on iPad?

No database edits, no restarted games... to be honest the iPad version is very easy. I'm in 2016/17. I got straight promoted from BSS to L1.

Not a bad first half:
407714_776977989959_612488625_n.jpg

Pubey,

Is that the Johnny Herd playing for the opposition and Anto Flood playing for Chelmo?

I'd hate to see the scoreline if the opposition were playing 3/4 out of 10!

Pubey,

Is that the Johnny Herd playing for the opposition and Anto Flood playing for Chelmo?

I'd hate to see the scoreline if the opposition were playing 3/4 out of 10!

Indeed, Anto Flood was good in the Conference and I got him as a freebie. Didn't sign any other SUFC players though, although had Lee Sawyer on loan and he was the nuts and then couldn't get him back. SUFC almost went down to the conference and Luggy was sacked. I beat them twice in L2 sadly but then beat Col Ewe (who managed to get into the CCC!) so that made me feel a bit better.

I got Eastleigh from Conference South to the CCC in five years flat but it got a bit boring as I coudlnt really compete with the Sunderland and Wolves type clubs so I spent my whoe time as a mid table nothing side. Not fun.

I got Eastleigh from Conference South to the CCC in five years flat but it got a bit boring as I coudlnt really compete with the Sunderland and Wolves type clubs so I spent my whoe time as a mid table nothing side. Not fun.

Yeah it's difficult because even if you're generating loads of cash you just can't attract the best quality players, and your amazing youngsters want to leave.

I've started a game with at least one division of every league playable and 300,000+ players with Southend just to see how slow it goes.

Might wait until they fix the match engine and do that again but start unemployed and see where it takes me.

i have found that 2 seasons in the big clubs run into a bit of bother...
they have reserve teams which i usually raid for good loanees, but 2 years in, all the players are 21/22 so the club refuses to let them leave on loan, then the player gets all disruptive about not being able to be loaned out. Annoys me so much.
Then a youth player who was on 600 a week at chelsea said he wanted 20000 a week.... so now im stuck in the championship with ronald refusing to give me a new stadium.

It is so bloody slow on my laptop. Live the game but it's getting more and mire detailed which makes it so slow

Theres the cutdown version now, have you tried that?

Not for me I like the detail, but even if you use the full blown version you can at least appoint a director of football now to cut down on the work.

Ive still not got into it yet, the match engine still doesnt look very good so will wait for the patch and see how it is then.

Played the new one for a few hours, and being honest I don't like it as much as the older ones. It takes too long now-a-days to get immersed in it and I don't have the time I used to have. Gone back to FM07 and already in my 3rd season after a few weeks and enjoying playing it more than the new one.

For me the new one is trying to be too "flashy" and have too much graphics. The reason why I fell in love with the FM series, and I'm sure others will agree, wasn't the graphics or how "slick" it felt, but all the stats and simple decision making.

Maybe it's just me or I'm mentally turning into an oldie, but I'd rather play FM07, with a 2D pitch view.

Theres the cutdown version now, have you tried that?

Not for me I like the detail, but even if you use the full blown version you can at least appoint a director of football now to cut down on the work.

Ive still not got into it yet, the match engine still doesnt look very good so will wait for the patch and see how it is then.

Thanks Jam Man - I have seen it but like you I like the detail.

Played the new one for a few hours, and being honest I don't like it as much as the older ones. It takes too long now-a-days to get immersed in it and I don't have the time I used to have. Gone back to FM07 and already in my 3rd season after a few weeks and enjoying playing it more than the new one.

For me the new one is trying to be too "flashy" and have too much graphics. The reason why I fell in love with the FM series, and I'm sure others will agree, wasn't the graphics or how "slick" it felt, but all the stats and simple decision making.

Maybe it's just me or I'm mentally turning into an oldie, but I'd rather play FM07, with a 2D pitch view.

Couldnt go back to 2D now, do like 3D and its made game better, although this years doesnt play as well as FM12 , yet.

What annoys me most is when you press continue and those panels slide in and out, gives me a headache. Hopefully a new skin will stop that.

The match engine still needs work, but I don't think I have seen a goal on any FM that has been as unrealistic as Zlatans last night.....

Whoe time should never be wasted, they're not cheap.

I culled a lot of those that I experimented with in the first game against Serbia.

Starting line up for Qualifier away to Montenegro...

4-4-2

Ruddy
Johnson
Jones
Terry
A Cole
A Young
Huddlestone
Gerrard
Kightly
Rooney
Walcott

Huddlestone had a great start to the season for Spurs with a 7.70 rating (without scoring any goals). This resulted in a 2-1 loss even though I managed 29 shots. This included a 90th minute strike by Kightly ruled out for offside.

I had a home qualifier to Poland a few days later which had me quite worried. I wanted to play a tighter style after conceding twice to Montenegro and wanted to attack and take advantage of our home game. So I went from the standard setting to control and made sure that some of my players didn't venture out of position with the rigid setting.

Although I was keen to drop Ruddy because quite frankly I don't have faith in any keeper outside of Joe Hart I decided to keep him in. The starting line up in again our 4-4-2 style (thinking of changing this) was pretty much the same. I removed the defense minded Huddlestone and replaced him with Kevin Nolan who had a good start to the season. I took A Young out who performed 6.00 out of 10 in the game v Montenegro and replaced him with debutant Thomas Ince. A 75th minute strike from Rooney condemned Poland to a 1-0 defeat.

Ince performed 6.8 out of 10 and Nolan 7.5 out of 10. Happy with that. I have spoken with Rio Ferdinand who is not happy at being left out and kept him sweet for now by telling him that he will be considered for the next squad. Cahill is another of the squad out for 5 months!

Zamora made the squad after scoring 3 in 3. He came on as sub but didn't get much game time. I want to get through these qualifiers and slowly integrate a younger looking team. Pat Rice seems a fairly good assistant and has an awful lot to say during games. Does anyone else find their assistant says a lot?

I really want to slowly ease out Gerrard and Terry. They haven't offered too much so far although Gerrard is my captain. I have to say I can see Hodgson's problem in the lack of English players playing at the top level. I have had to travel to Turkey to watch Scott Carson and ask him out of retirement. He wasn't keen!

I will look into club management perhaps over Xmas (in real life) when I have some more time on my hands. But for now I am 100% committed to England and learning the leagues. Any coach/player recommendations or game tips?

I hated managing Englnad, found it so boring and to be honest, quite easy

I hated managing Englnad, found it so boring and to be honest, quite easy
i always want to manage some tiny country like Montserrat or San Marino but it never lets you manage most countries :( i normally end up getting Belgium to world no1 but thats pretty easy as well

Back