• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Going away for nearly a week so will do a big update when I get back, just done first game of the season. A couple of staff added too, Wiggy (GK coach), Ldnfatso (Fitness coach) and Dagenham Kev (Assistant).

First game of the season won 2-0 (Hammond scoring 2 in last 5 minutes). Ian Churchyard got sent off too!

Bilel Mohsni is in the French u21s and Martin Todd is in the England U19s! One of my youth team (Daniel Evans, regen I think) has Wiggy down as one of their fave personnel and another one has their fave team as West Ham (got to release them :winking:).

Also managed to get Franck Moussa to sign up, just for extra numbers.

GET IN!!! Come on lads! Keep the faith!

Just seeing the screenshots from the 2007 version makes me remember how much I enjoyed the game then. Don't get me wrong, still fantastic, but even with the Classic version, just seems over complicated now and doesn't feel the same

Just seeing the screenshots from the 2007 version makes me remember how much I enjoyed the game then. Don't get me wrong, still fantastic, but even with the Classic version, just seems over complicated now and doesn't feel the same

Agreed. It gradually took a bit longer to get into the newer games and last seasons one just took me ages to get past pre-season. For first time, I will not be getting the new FM game that comes out later.

Back to the game. Took over as England manager and the team is dire, got to play Downing and Lennon on the wings. Got to the quarter finals of the World Cup and lost to Italy on penalties, although I did beat Ireland in the last round on penalties!

Managed to win promotion, but Championship will be a lot harder! Mark Davies signed for Milan for £5m and managed to get Scott Wallace back for £4m.

Whoops, knew I forgot something!

Rebirth

John Crickson and Ken Jarvis decided that enough was enough with Ron Martin after Sainsburys decided to evict Southend United out of Roots Hall, leaving them finished. All the player's contracts got torn up, Ron Martin escaped the country and has gone to Jamaica to become a Bobsleigh coach.

Hiring staff was next. There was only one real option for the manager's position. With his in-depth posts, top knowledge and similar look to Jose Mourinho, Dave Chapman (AKA ChapperzUK) was hired instantly. The other choices were nearly as straight forward. Dagenham Kev's motivation and positive attitude got him the assistant job. Wiggy's knowledge and judgement of goalkeepers made the choice for GK coach easy. Ldnfatso became fitness coach - no need to explain why of course.

Season 1

Started in Conference South. Everyone got a chance to stake their claim for a place in the first team. Despite being called up to the England Under 21s (not been called up since!), Martin Todd didn't do well in the friendlies and Scott Peters impressed to take the number 1 spot. Other positions weren't as straight forward, but McDonough was the stand out player while Laurie and Napper built up a great defensive pairing.

First season was a dream. Won the league and got to the quarter final of the FA Trophy losing 1-0 to Halifax, who won the Conference. Roy McDonough was the stand out player being top goalscorer and player of the year award.

Season 2

Start of the new season didn't go well. Chapman (the player one not the manager) suffered from a horrendous injury and was ruled out for 10 months missing the whole season. Jon Oliff suffered an injury and other injuries during the season meaning he played little.

The result was similar to the previous season. Winning the league, semi-finals of FA Trophy and Roy McDonough being the stand out player being top goalscorer and player of the year award.

Now players are starting to get interest. Hearts are desperate to sign Leveridge, Peters and Tyldesley, with several Spanish clubs interested in Barna Blue.

Starting season 3 now, and just beat Colchester in the league - yes they got relegated twice!

Knew I was ****ing mustard!

Back