• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LennySUFC

Director⭐
Just downloaded it and started as SUFC (Ofcourse)

Interesting, Big G.Cough recommends Smith as the best player in the side at a 4.5* rating!
Bilel wants to leave on a free
Hall is amazing
Bilel and Eastwood both 3.5* strikers :unsure:
Freddy has 10 finishing?!?!?
AND timlin has 10 passing?!?
AND Tomlin has 12 pace?!?

Just downloaded it and started as SUFC (Ofcourse)

Interesting, Big G.Cough recommends Smith as the best player in the side at a 4.5* rating!
Bilel wants to leave on a free
Hall is amazing
Bilel and Eastwood both 3.5* strikers :unsure:
Freddy has 10 finishing?!?!?
AND timlin has 10 passing?!?
AND Tomlin has 12 pace?!?

How is the game in general?

How is the game in general?

Brilliant!

The whole thing is more user friendly and interactive from when you sign for southend having a meeting with ron like a normal manager would, to Coughlan telling you tips during a game like you would see in real life.

Made many changes to the general menu's also, so a complete new look to the game.

definitely worth the purchase!

So far Im a bit meh.

The interface doesnt feel as nice as FM12. The sliding in windows when you press continue are irritating.

The over layout doesnt feel as intuitive either.

Match engine looks good, however theres a problem with too many goals being scored.

Mohsni and Hall both still at Southend, which isnt surprising.
Mohsni is listed as playing all over as youd expect, but not left midfield, which is where he played most last season.

Can Jamesthesuperblue confirm if Fossetts is back in the game as it was left out last year and I had to edit the ground after a few years. I know it looks mythical but it should really be included IMHO

Played first league game.

Mohsni got sent off after 10 minutes for violent conduct and Eastwood injured for 4 months with Hamstring injury.

Totally unrealistic.:smile:

Played first league game.

Mohsni got sent off after 10 minutes for violent conduct and Eastwood injured for 4 months with Hamstring injury.

Totally unrealistic.:smile:

i lost my opening league game 3-0 to wimbledon!

I changed all my mentality to passing them off the park

Since then i have won 10, drawn 2 and lost 0!

And Carl Cort on a free, played as a target man, MENTAL!

I have been testing the BETA for 2 months now and have witnessed it get better and better as more things got added an more bugs got dealt with.

Eastwood has been a difficult one to rate because he has so many strong attributes that I have had to try to distribute his CA points fairly evenly. I also reflected in his stats that he's no longer really an out-and-out striker, hence why some of his better attributes would seem more at hone with a player who plays deeper. I was the researcher for Southend when he left to sign for Wolves and I had him down as a 15 or 16 for finishing. I know he can score more goals for us but I'm yet to see hard evidence that his finishing is still anywere near that level so I gave him 10 this year. As I said though, I was a little restricted by CA guidelines and having to distribute his CA points more evenly.

Mohsni is indeed a jack of all trades, error on my part to leave his ML rating low after he played there last season, I will rectify that for the January update. Not sure why he's a 3.5* rating for striker. It must be down to his physical/target man attributes because I certainly didn't give him amazing finishing/composure stats!

I am happy with Hall's ratings, he is certainly a game-changer. Timlin's passing stat is spot on IMO. He can spot a pass but usually fails to make it. After the start to the season he's had with his passing, I'm considering lowering it by another point in Jan.

I have not touched (and am not allowed to touch) the ratings of any of our summer signings. We are told to trust the judgement of the researcher of the previous club for the first half of the season. But suffice to say that I have grave concerns about the low ratings of Cresswell and Tomlin (and to a lesser extent Hurst) and the high rating of Smith. I will be able to alter these in January.

Fossetts will not be going in the game whilst I have anything to do with it. I had it in there for 4 years and kept getting asked by SI when it was happening. At the moment, the most realistic stance I can take is that I have very little confidence in it being built and until everything is signed and construction begins, I won't be putting it in. I suspect that I will soon be removing it again if I do. Sorry about that - I hope that I am made to eat my words. In the meantime, just use the data editor to put it in. Shouldn't take long to do.

Steve Kavanagh will also be put in as CEO in Jan.

I love the additions to the game. The revamped training and match prep models are brilliant and the use of the calender for forward planning adds another strong element of realism. The new GUI is sexy, well laid-out and very intuitive. Very impressed thus far!

My only issue is Britt is crap, but that's the Watford researcher's fault.

Hurst is playing well very for me right midfield with the role wide midfielder. He has 12 goals in 39 from there, mainly because the game has a ridiculous amount of goals scored from crosses, which I believe will be fixed.

No issues with other player ratings that were done by JTSB. Timlin lucky to get 10 for passing.

EDIT: Just had a shocking bug that could cost me. Opposition pen hit the bar, straight back to pen taker who tapped it in. Nobody else touched it, shouldn't count.

I used to be a tester but havent done the last two versions.

Given up on FM13 at moment and will wait for the first patch.

Theres a lot that feels awkward, but thats just getting used to a new version I hope, although some of the UI just doesnt feel as intuitive as FM12.

My biggest issue is the match engine. At first glance it looked good but now less so. Players dont seem to be in control of the ball and the ball and players look too unconnected.

There seems to be some serious flaws in it as well with far too many goals being scored and crossing being far too effective, hence Carl Cort being so good above :smile:

Stats wise I havent seen much wrong with the squad, its a thankless task ! Freddy's finishing should definitely be higher than 10, but with so many stats its not easy.

As for Fossetts Im not sure how you can add a new stadium, I tried last time and couldnt work it out so had to amend Roots Hall.

Pretty much got rid of half the squad as they were useless, Museshrimper, surprised Hurst is so good for you, LennySUFC said the same thing to me. He was terrible for me so I loaned him out to Luton.

Pretty much got rid of half the squad as they were useless, Museshrimper, surprised Hurst is so good for you, LennySUFC said the same thing to me. He was terrible for me so I loaned him out to Luton.

Just seems to get assists constantly off the bench for me when hall is knackered.

paul smith seems to be incredible in my game.... regularly getting ratings of 8.5+ which seems odd for a goalie. hHall is indeed a match winner, and hurst does well on my game too. britt is only good when you tell him personally in the team talk that "you have faith" then he will be immense but if you dont talk to him personally he is ****.

The finances..... i have sold(well gave away) benyon, loaned out a few youngsters so i am dead on my wage budget but im predicted to make a 1 million profit this year!!!!! then i get told im losing up to 100k a month? something seems wonky there.

i did get kane ferdinand back on loan though, which is pretty handy as we dont have any midfielders :D

i signed mario melchiott on a free with no disrespect to clohessy but melchiott gets an average of 8 every game
signed george boetang the ex hull wolves etc cm on a free 1900pw wages and he is a beast
carl cort is a decent target man but bplaying freddy as a trequarsia (sorry for spelling) he is amazing scored a 22min hattrick including a missed pen for me vs burton

Just bought mine from steam, could no doubt get it cheaper but couldnt be arsed to look around.

Hows everyone been getting on. I'm in November, kept about 9 or ten of the first team. Either sold or loaned the rest. Made some decent loan signings, Sean Batt in particular with 12 in 15. Nathan Ellington and Andre Blakeman the other decent ones. Top of the league with 12 wins, 1 draw and one loss.

The finances..... i have sold(well gave away) benyon, loaned out a few youngsters so i am dead on my wage budget but im predicted to make a 1 million profit this year!!!!! then i get told im losing up to 100k a month? something seems wonky there.

Its funny you say that... Ron seems to think we can afford a new stadium, despite losing £100k a month... pretty realistic there!

I have a question. As someone who has always bought the disc. My laptop is on its way out (as i dropped it) but is still playable at the moment. If I download the game on that laptop I presume I can then just log in through steam on another laptop when i get around to buying a new one and play on that one instead?

Back