• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FOA: a weatherman!

shrimperman

Manager
Whilst I was outside having a quick cigarette i noticed something. Every time I light a cigarette i have to face east to prevent the wind blowing out the blame of my lighter. So the question is... does the wind always blow from the west becasue when I watch the weather reports it appears the most significant wind blows from north east! this may seem like im very sad but i have a very boring job!!!

Prevailing wind in the UK "tends" to be from the south-west ...

WS

smile.gif

Absolutely, South Westerlies are the norm - especially up here on the West coast.

gulf stream and all that.. that prevailing wind is also the reason why the west end of london is nice and the east end a sh.thole, all the factories and industrial stuff was kept to the east of the city so all the sh*t they belched out would blow away from all the rich c..ts who owned em all and lived up the west end

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ May 17 2005,13:13)]gulf stream and all that..  that prevailing wind is also the reason why the west end of london is nice and the east end a sh.thole,  all the factories and industrial stuff was kept to the east of the city so all the sh*t they belched out would blow away from all the rich c..ts who owned em all and lived up the west end
I thought it was because the Port of Teddington couldn't cope with all the ships.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 16 2005,20:06)]Prevailing wind in the UK "tends" to be from the south-west ...

WS

smile.gif
They sometimes come up from the South and East of the UK as well.

Wet weather comes from the Atlantic, Dry and humid conditions usually come from the continent.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ May 17 2005,14:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 16 2005,20:06)]Prevailing wind in the UK "tends" to be from the south-west ...

WS

smile.gif

Wet weather comes from the Atlantic, Dry and humid conditions usually come from the continent.  

biggrin.gif
Thank you Wincey Willis.

The night will be fine with clear spells, with a touch of ground frost in sheltered inland areas. The morning will start fine with sunny spells, but increasing cloud from mid-morning will turn the sunshine a little hazy, and bring an increased risk of some light rain and drizzle in the afternoon. Tomorrow evening will remain unsettled with some heavier pulses of rain likely. The outlook for the next couple of days is for the weather to become increasingly humid with a threat of thundery activity moving northwards from the Bay of Biscay. Temperatures will rise to 24 degrees Celsius by day and will remain above the seasonal norm for the foreseeable future.

The further outlook for Saturday sees:

SOUTHEND 2 NORTHAMPTON 0
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 17 2005,14:36)]
[b said:
[b said:

WS

smile.gif

biggrin.gif
Thank you Wincey Willis.
They actually teach you that in Geography lessons at school, if you actually bothered going to one
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ May 17 2005,14:40)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

WS

smile.gif

biggrin.gif
Thank you Wincey Willis.
They actually teach you that in Geography lessons at school, if you actually bothered going to one
tounge.gif
That'll be just the B grade in 'O' Level - equivalent to A******** with merit at today's standards.
laugh.gif

We also learnt proper geography though.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 17 2005,14:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ May 17 2005,14:40)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

WS

biggrin.gif
Thank you Wincey Willis.
tounge.gif
That'll be just the B grade in 'O' Level - equivalent to A******** with merit at today's standards.
laugh.gif

We also learnt proper geography though.
I didnt do GCSE Geography so I cant really compare my grade to yours!

'O' Level's? Bloody old man exams
tounge.gif

And I wonder what proper Geography you learnt then? Where the nearest pub was to your house?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ May 17 2005,15:18)]
[b said:

WS

smile.gif
Yes, Hils, but that's why the south-westerly is known as "prevailing"!! Jeez! Don't they teach ANYTHING at school these days?!

WS

tounge.gif

Back