• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I had a bit of a hangover Saturday morning and instead of going for a Sausage and Egg McMuffin meal I tried the Burger King equivalent.

It was absolutely rank and came with chips instead of hash browns.

If you ever feel tempted don't make the same mistake I did.

I had a bit of a hangover Saturday morning and instead of going for a Sausage and Egg McMuffin meal I tried the Burger King equivalent.

It was absolutely rank and came with chips instead of hash browns.

If you ever feel tempted don't make the same mistake I did.

I had one a few weeks ago. Was a lot more expensive than Maccyd's but did come with mini hash browns which were rather nice and not as greasy as Maccyd's hash browns

Also nursing a hangover a while back, I went for the classic Sausage and Egg McMuffin meal, which nearly got me back on an even keel.

However, I was still peckish, so went for one of those Breakfast Wraps. Possibly the most appalling thing I have ever tasted and it set my hangover back another couple of hours.

Feeling peckish and driving past a Lidl on the way to a meeting, I thought I'd take the risk.

Nuts, I thought, you can't **** up nuts can you? They'll be alright.

Conclusion?

Lidl. They can even **** up a bag of nuts. Ate two and binned the rest.

Seriously, I'm not sure whether the buyer calls up the nut-farmers and says something like, "Right, here's 20p, go and fish out the crappiest ones?" or if they just buy up the unsold, out-of-date stock from the other supermarkets, mix it up with sawdust and then flog it. I'd have reckoned on it being recycled hamster cage materials but I luckily avoided the bag with 'chocolate drops'.

Edit: I also bought a pizza in there for later as I knew the missus was going to be out. As with the nuts, I didn't get past a mouthful after I cooked it. It was like a slice of cardboard smeared with the sort of ketchup you'd get in a cheap Northern greasy spoon with something that looked like cheese involved. Absolutely retchworthy.

haha B&M also have some weird own brand nuts which are horrendous. Stick to KP or Mr Peanut.

I remember being on a stag do In Brighton, being hung over, walking to MacDonalds, having a breakfast wrap, not quite feeling cured, so having a couple of sausage rolls from Gregg's on the way back... Perfect cure that combo.

Not wrong with BK breakfast, Particually the Cumberland sausage one. Like the mini hash browns, as above, not as greasy!

Back in the day when I worked in Southend, it used to be a regular Friday morning occurrence that we'd congregate in MaccyD's for breakfast before going to open the bank. The breakfasts didn't seem to be so bad back then. Wouldn't touch them now!

I remember being at a wedding once where there was a plate of salad on the table. One of the chefs had got a bit creative with a tomato. The tomato was bigger than a golf ball, but not as big as a tennis ball, and the chef had carved it into a shape of some sort. In doing so he had taken the top half away and replaced it with some sort of cream. It looked fantastic.

So much so a friend of mine decided to eat it in one go, only to find the cream wasn't cream, it was horseradish sauce.

Based on how red his face went, and how much water he drank, I reckon that would cure any hangover!

I remember being at a wedding once where there was a plate of salad...

Yeah, you had me at salad.

:thumbsup:

And as for this McD's breakfast food snobbery, I'm not having any of it. There IS no better hangover cure known to science. In fact, if you're not feeling better after a cheeky McSausage McBreakfast, then you didn't drink enough. If alien's ever visit this planet, this would be one of the medicines they'd leave with.

I remember trying strawberry crisps as a kid. Similar in shape and texture to Wotsits but not lovely cheese but a rather curious chemical strawberry flavour- they were foul. Hurray for the 70s! :thumbsup:

Guy at work bought some Jelly Beans back from Harry Potter world and one of them was earthworm flavour. Bloody disgusting.

Back