• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football clubs for 6 year olds - Southend area

Jam_Man

Life President
My lad and his friend are 6 and have shown interest in trying a football club/soccer school.

My son has never played any football and will no doubt be rubbish at first, but Id like him to at least have ago.

Anyone know of any decent soccer schools that are friendly to 6 year olds just starting out?

My lad and his friend are 6 and have shown interest in trying a football club/soccer school.

My son has never played any football and will no doubt be rubbish at first, but Id like him to at least have ago.

Anyone know of any decent soccer schools that are friendly to 6 year olds just starting out?

Southend Manor, Leigh Ramblers and Catholic United are your best bet. Leigh Ramblers is usually Saturday mornings at around 9am over at Belfairs Recreation Ground.

Southend Manor are good over at Southchurch Park around 9am on a Saturday, Smiffy will be able to put you in touch with the right people.

Southend manor have a great set up over southchurch park on Saturday mornings.

I was coaching over there before I started coaching in the states.

Give smiffy a message

My lad is 9 & he attends a Saturday Morning session with Ekco Whitecaps @ the Ekco gound -This week it's at 10.30 - There is a younger group of Girls & Boys that also train that would probably be ok for your lad as they are of mixed ability.
They are having a free family fun day next week (28th July) - 12.00 - 4pm which has some free sessions & competitions - also at the Ekco Ground.
There are also bouncy castles, BBQ etc - the non footballing stuff is not free.

My lad started going a year ago after never having played before & has improved a lot - so much so that he is signing up to play in the "proper" team next season.

Last edited:
THanks for feedback.

He hasnt ever played, doubt they have done anything at school either.

Want to get him into it and just looking for a friendly little club for him and his friend to have a go at. Forgot Smiffy was involved at Southend Manor, that sounds do-able.

THanks for feedback.

He hasnt ever played, doubt they have done anything at school either.

Want to get him into it and just looking for a friendly little club for him and his friend to have a go at. Forgot Smiffy was involved at Southend Manor, that sounds do-able.

If you followed him on twitter, you could never forget that!

:winking:

If its a team you are looking for then Southend Manor certainly ideal, if you want to send the kids to a soccer school during the holidays for a bit of experience then try the Commuity & Educational Trust's - they welcome all abilities and sessions are all fun-based.

www.sufccommunity.co.uk although you can download a flyer from the official site under the community news section.

If its a team you are looking for then Southend Manor certainly ideal, if you want to send the kids to a soccer school during the holidays for a bit of experience then try the Commuity & Educational Trust's - they welcome all abilities and sessions are all fun-based.

www.sufccommunity.co.uk although you can download a flyer from the official site under the community news section.
Good call, the holiday clubs are great value and a lot of fun for the little 'uns.

Back