• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CyrilSneer

Winger
Small article in today's Mail by Charles Sale, made me chuckle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Alex-Fergusons-silent-lead-Charles-Sale.html

"It doesn’t say much for the religion of football in Colchester that a Jehovah’s Witness convention at the League One side’s Community Stadium attracted a crowd of more than 4,000 — larger than the club’s attendance for their opening home fixture of the season. Colchester have lost around a third of their fan base since they moved to their soulless new ground from Layer Road"

Colchester United in the news

In today’s Daily Mail

“It doesn’t say much for the religion of football in Colchester that a Jehovah’s Witness convention at the league ones Community stadium attached a crowd of more than 4,000 – larger than the clubs attendance for their opening league fixture of the season. Colchester have lost around a third of their fan base since they moved to their soulless new ground from Layer road”.

Today’s gate was just over 3,000

That’s why there is only one team in Essex

Joke of a club. And the atmosphere was probably better at the Jehovah's convention. :hilarious: Still, they're not doing bad on the pitch at the moment...

To be fair, those 3000 odd (in more ways than one!) fans probably saw quite a good game today from what's been shown.

"Football comes second in Colchester"

I'm a little sceptical of this claim - have we any proof that it is ranked as high as that?

I totally refute the figures that are being reported. There was at least 5,000 at the convention.:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

All joking apart, how long before the financial bubble bursts ? Robbie Cowling has said he wants the football club to finance itself ---- how can you achieve that on 3000 gates?

We don't need Col U to struggle too much though. We need a rival for god's sake. If they went down the pan then who would we have as rivals? I wish them the worst of luck but not too much.

Back