• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football kit questions

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
1) Anyone know why Swindon were wearing a black (and turquoise?) kit at home last week against Franchise? The visitors were, for some reason, wearing their red away kit and surely even that ******** club would know not to bring a red kit when you're away to Swindon. Surely?

2) What was the logo Man Utd were wearing in the middle of the shirts against Inter?

Answers welcome from anyone, although I'm expecting the Kit Professor to step up to the plate!

1) Anyone know why Swindon were wearing a black (and turquoise?) kit at home last week against Franchise? The visitors were, for some reason, wearing their red away kit and surely even that ******** club would know not to bring a red kit when you're away to Swindon. Surely?

2) What was the logo Man Utd were wearing in the middle of the shirts against Inter?

Answers welcome from anyone, although I'm expecting the Kit Professor to step up to the plate!

I think it is the World Champions badge in the middle of the shirt

This is the 06 version of it

868158_medium.jpg

Last edited:
While we're at it, have Naarwich been wearing an old-style kit all season? I saw a photo from their game at Charlton a few weeks back and was intrigued.

While we're at it, have Naarwich been wearing an old-style kit all season? I saw a photo from their game at Charlton a few weeks back and was intrigued.

No, I do definitely know the answer to this one, this was a one-off kit worn at Charlton in the cup to celebrate the anniversary of their 1959 cup-run.

In terms of Uxbridge's original question about Swindon, I posted an aswer to this last night but it's obviously gone off into the ether.

As far as I could see, the Swindon v MK game had the League Cup on show, presumably this is the 40th anniversary of them getting to the final (don't think they won it did they?) - maybe them playing in black & the MK Donuts in red was a concession to Carling's corporate colours?

No, I do definitely know the answer to this one, this was a one-off kit worn at Charlton in the cup to celebrate the anniversary of their 1959 cup-run.

In terms of Uxbridge's original question about Swindon, I posted an aswer to this last night but it's obviously gone off into the ether.

As far as I could see, the Swindon v MK game had the League Cup on show, presumably this is the 40th anniversary of them getting to the final (don't think they won it did they?) - maybe them playing in black & the MK Donuts in red was a concession to Carling's corporate colours?

Cheers Rich. Swindon did in fact win the League Cup back in 1969, beating Arsenal 1-0. Seeing as Arsenal wear red, maybe Swindon wore black at wembley that day...

I think Swindon wore white in that final actually.

No idea on the original question as to why they wore black last night though...

Last edited:
Interestingly, The Premier League have stopped United wearing that badge for Prem games...

Back