• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football league suspended until April 4th

it would be far easier than in April/May/June which is where when according to all experts they expect most cases and therefore squads most likely to be worst hit?

Exactly, the situation will get worse before it ease's. Apparently (?) the low number of people ( compared to other European Country's ) tested positive, are only those who have been sent to Hospitals, no one else?.
Not that i give a damn about Portsmouth, but they have sold around 53,000 tickets ( FFS! ) for their 'whatever it's called today' Wembley game v Salford on Sun April 5th. Odd's on that happening??.

Now saying that the FA have told the Premier league that they don't think this season will be completed,and that things won't be back to normal till September

At least we get our country back in January. We can exclude all the foreigners spreading the death plague and everything will be fine. Trump has got it dead right.
I spoke to Crown Princess Dave of the Lizard People today and she said they had been through all this before, the answer is doing what they did namely dismantle years of complex socio-economic cooperation with other reptile nations, spread lots of lies then focus on worshipping the New Gods (in their case the Chuckle Brothers). I have already started this but am drawn more to the holy Krankees. But that is because apparently they are swingers and I am quite pervy. Every problem offers opportunity.

I heard today on the radio that The Premier League have over £1.5 Billion sitting in the bank, just growing every day, due to their cut in Sky Sports money and sponsorships. etc, etc. The football expert rightly said that now would be the perfect time to throw a lifeline down to League One and Two clubs. He said them giving £10 Million or so would be small change for them, as they earn that in less than a month. But it would be a massive help to clubs in peril financially, to help them pay wages and expenses during the current crisis. The Premier League may be the cream, but they still need the Leagues below to make the Premier League relegation battles interesting and relevant. Most football pundits and fans have been saying for years that too much money stays at the top, and more should filter down. Now's the time.

I heard today on the radio that The Premier League have over £1.5 Billion sitting in the bank, just growing every day, due to their cut in Sky Sports money and sponsorships. etc, etc. The football expert rightly said that now would be the perfect time to throw a lifeline down to League One and Two clubs. He said them giving £10 Million or so would be small change for them, as they earn that in less than a month. But it would be a massive help to clubs in peril financially, to help them pay wages and expenses during the current crisis. The Premier League may be the cream, but they still need the Leagues below to make the Premier League relegation battles interesting and relevant. Most football pundits and fans have been saying for years that too much money stays at the top, and more should filter down. Now's the time.

The trouble with a lot of Premier League clubs is that many of them - with one or two notable exceptions - forget that they climbed from the lower leagues in the past.

Now saying that the FA have told the Premier league that they don't think this season will be completed,and that things won't be back to normal till September

That's my take on things as they stand. Expert opinion from PM's press conference Thursday was that the peak infection time wouldn't hit for many weeks yet and that large gatherings would be considered for cancellation then, not for public health reasons but for front line staff i.e. Police, Ambulance and Fire services to be available. Suspending the league and hoping to restart early April seems massively optimistic to me being that this is highly likely to be before the peak infection time. Basically, if the football authorities are calling off the league now then they can't restart only to suspend things again shortly after.
Think we need to accept that sport is pretty much done for foreseeable future and I'm thinking months not weeks.

BBC Sport's Simon Stone has answered some of your questions about this season and the impact the suspension will have on the sport.

Will there be any financial assistance to lower league clubs who will have no income for the next month?
Stone: "I don't know if the EFL has enough money to start handing out bridging loans. Like most businesses, clubs will have to find a way round their present situation."

I asked that question!

if that is true then a lot of clubs will be in trouble, I'd even wager that some premiership and championship clubs will struggle if their sponsors stop payments or sky ask for a refund

Wonder if Ron will now release the season card prices to gather up some money.

That's my take on things as they stand. Expert opinion from PM's press conference Thursday was that the peak infection time wouldn't hit for many weeks yet and that large gatherings would be considered for cancellation then, not for public health reasons but for front line staff i.e. Police, Ambulance and Fire services to be available. Suspending the league and hoping to restart early April seems massively optimistic to me being that this is highly likely to be before the peak infection time. Basically, if the football authorities are calling off the league now then they can't restart only to suspend things again shortly after.
Think we need to accept that sport is pretty much done for foreseeable future and I'm thinking months not weeks.
Will the club survive this.....not only are we millions in debt and owing the hrmc and players,but now effectively have no income coming in .How and on what basis can season ticket renewals be sent?
Health is always no 1 but when this crisis is over.
Football as a whole has some big changes coming .Just hope the Premiership don't use this as an excuse to Tailor the game to their selfish needs.
Just hope when it returns we still have a club

Last edited:
So why don't all the clubs elect a player, whilst they are self isolating, to play the remaining games on an X box, against the corresponding match counterpart. Humphrys has had a lot of time to practice of late. We might even avoid relegation.

The trouble with a lot of Premier League clubs is that many of them - with one or two notable exceptions - forget that they climbed from the lower leagues in the past.

I'm not even talking about the Premier League clubs passing some money down(Although that would be nice). I was talking about The Premier League body that runs the show. They have the obscene amount of over £1.5 Billion, and growing. Apart from paying each other silly money each year, the people running the show could start spending some in the places that need it most. Even without the TV money, they get £Millions from sponsorships from Coca-Cola, Barclays, Carling, Cadbury, Nike, Tag Heuer and EA Sports. They could help to save a few clubs in crisis, and it wouldn't affect them one little bit.

Would be good PR for them, but I can't see it happening. All the Premier League care about is money and that has always been the case. I can't see that changing now.

Back