• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football League Team of the Week

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Can't see that anyone else has given this any coverage anywhere, so thought I'd just draw your attention to the fact that, apart from the inevitable inclusion of Darryl in the GK position, Simon Francis is in the FL TotW for the 3rd consecutive week. Surely that deserves a bit of praise, espcially from those out there who've given him a hard time?

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/c6/e6/0,,10794~124614,00.pdf

Thats funny as in the Sun Charlie Mulgrew has been in the team of the week for 2 successive weeks. Shows what a cracking pair of full backs we have at the mo.

Ive always rated Francis. Tall full backs are a great advantage and with Mulgrew on the other side we look well balanced in that department.
T’was a mystery to me why he appeared to be frozen out for so long earlier in the season

In fairness Lewis Hunt was playing really well at the start of the season... but what a player Francis is starting to look now!!!

Francis & Mulrgrew are class acts and I think we need to hold onto both for next season.

agreed... if we could get a decent goalie as competition to flavs, and an experienced and no-nonsense CB, then i think we would have a really solid CCC quality defence

agreed... if we could get a decent goalie as competition to flavs, and an experienced and no-nonsense CB, then i think we would have a really solid CCC quality defence

Spot on post!

Plus a quality, big powerfull CF to get on the end of the crosses!!

I have always been a big fan of Francis, and I think T&B have done really wel with him. Having not played him, he has been forced to work on his weaknesses, and look at the player we have now!! The player a lot of us knew we could have!!

Terrific Simon, keep up the good work!!

You do realise that if we keep up this winning lark, he'll have a very full head of facial hair by the time we get to Wembley! How's that going to look in front of whoever are the official guests?

In fairness Lewis Hunt was playing really well at the start of the season... but what a player Francis is starting to look now!!!
Agreed! Francis has always looked good going forward, but now he looks immense going forward and steady at the back. Get him on a long deal Ron!

He's tall, he's scouse, he's going to rob your house.. peter clarke, peter clarke!?

i suppose the tall bit isn't really true though:unsure:
He's not short though. That'll do, I like songs that involve banter, I'm sure Clarkey would see the funny side.

Back