• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drastic™;1439882 said:
Looks like it's just me talking to myself here, oh well :smiles:

After a tough Christmas spell (Liverpool A, Man Utd A, Arsenal A, Chelsea H) we had slumped down to 13th but have since recovered to 8th again. We also survived the January 2016 transfer window intact despite about 9 of my first team attracting interest (in the end no actual bids were made), and only added Micheal Dawson on loan.

After a thrilling semifinal v Newcastle (3-2W H, 4-3L A) we made it to the League Cup final where we met Chelsea who had beaten us 5-2 & 4-1 in the league. We stunned them 3-0, with 2 goals from Manu del Moral, to lift my first piece of silverware on FM12!
:happy:

We're also into the Q/Fs of the FA Cup where we'll meet Birmingham. Cup double?

I find it does this every single Premiership season, you'll always get 3/4 the top teams all bunched together without fail.

Advice Needed.

Put my Stoke game on hold for now and started again. I've fancied starting a career in the lower divisions of a random European country for a while now. Finally settled on Lillehammer in the Norwegian 3rd tier, which is a part-time league. In some ways it's quite refreshing & simpler (no reserve or youth team to worry about), in others more stressful, trying to balance the budget and get new players in. The players are a mix of part-timers, youths and amateurs.

The problem I am having is finding a way of recruiting more amateurs, anyone know how I do this? Whenever I look at amateur players at other teams I am only able to offer them part-time contracts. Stumped.

Only played friendlies so far won 5-1 away at a 4th tier side, lost 5-1 to another 3rd tier team, lost 3-1 to a 2nd tier side and won 2-1 against to a 4th tier team. The attendances are so bad, my first friendly away drew 53 people. I thought that was bad until my first home friendly which attracted 13!

Had a weird fixture issue on my current season.

Competing with Man city for the title ina 2 horse race (its about 2038) and I have got to play both home and away matches against them in the last 10 games of the season.

Not sure how thats happened, I was in the club championships so assume it kept getting postponed.

With 10 games we are level on points, so its going to be an exciting run-in.

Drastic™;1443253 said:
Put my Stoke game on hold for now and started again. I've fancied starting a career in the lower divisions of a random European country for a while now. Finally settled on Lillehammer in the Norwegian 3rd tier, which is a part-time league. In some ways it's quite refreshing & simpler (no reserve or youth team to worry about), in others more stressful, trying to balance the budget and get new players in. The players are a mix of part-timers, youths and amateurs.

The problem I am having is finding a way of recruiting more amateurs, anyone know how I do this? Whenever I look at amateur players at other teams I am only able to offer them part-time contracts. Stumped.

Only played friendlies so far won 5-1 away at a 4th tier side, lost 5-1 to another 3rd tier team, lost 3-1 to a 2nd tier side and won 2-1 against to a 4th tier team. The attendances are so bad, my first friendly away drew 53 people. I thought that was bad until my first home friendly which attracted 13!

Part-timers are fine.

Actually just started again as East Stirling- and won 7 on the trot at start of season.

Part-timers are fine.

Actually just started again as East Stirling- and won 7 on the trot at start of season.

It's a matter of finances though, Lillehammer can't afford many part-timers even - £130 p/w is expensive for this team! I've axed a few and kept a core of the best part-timers (about 7/8) and brought in alot of youth players as they're cheaper (£25p/w). But I need to know how to get more amateurs to help provide some cover.

Part-timers are fine.

I've just started with Chelmsford, my last challenge before the new one comes out.

Had a storming first season, chopped 19 players brought in 25. Despite the overhaul, Counago (28), Koroma (27) and Ibe (18) fired me to an 11 point title. I got to the semi's of the FA Vase, eventually succumbing to Forest Green, and got to the 2nd round of the FA cup, before being soundly beaten 5-0 by Rochdale. Financially, because of the £5 Youth team contracts and part time pay as you play contracts, coupled with decent cup runs I managed to take the clubs balance from 30k to 90k.

However, into the second season the board announce we are upgrading the stadium. in theory good news, but it's about a 3mill refurb, some from the boards pockets, some from a grant, but the rest about 1.9m is a loan. This is the problem, the repayment on the loans is about 85.5k more a year than I made in the first season, so I need to double my income in the Conference. This is going to seriously hinder my ability to compete as I'm not guranteed the cup runs I had in season two, the board are cutting my wage bill unless I can guarantee promotion. I've bought some decent players for this level I think, but unless my attendences double I'll probably end up in administration before the season is over. I've packed pre-season with as many money spinning friendlies as possible, hopeing to build my balance up. And there's interest in my keeper (about 40k), but he was one of the main reasons behind my success.

When did FM stop being fun and start becoming like Southend United.

I've just started with Chelmsford, my last challenge before the new one comes out.

Had a storming first season, chopped 19 players brought in 25. Despite the overhaul, Counago (28), Koroma (27) and Ibe (18) fired me to an 11 point title. I got to the semi's of the FA Vase, eventually succumbing to Forest Green, and got to the 2nd round of the FA cup, before being soundly beaten 5-0 by Rochdale. Financially, because of the £5 Youth team contracts and part time pay as you play contracts, coupled with decent cup runs I managed to take the clubs balance from 30k to 90k.

However, into the second season the board announce we are upgrading the stadium. in theory good news, but it's about a 3mill refurb, some from the boards pockets, some from a grant, but the rest about 1.9m is a loan. This is the problem, the repayment on the loans is about 85.5k more a year than I made in the first season, so I need to double my income in the Conference. This is going to seriously hinder my ability to compete as I'm not guranteed the cup runs I had in season two, the board are cutting my wage bill unless I can guarantee promotion. I've bought some decent players for this level I think, but unless my attendences double I'll probably end up in administration before the season is over. I've packed pre-season with as many money spinning friendlies as possible, hopeing to build my balance up. And there's interest in my keeper (about 40k), but he was one of the main reasons behind my success.

When did FM stop being fun and start becoming like Southend United.

I know. What it needs is a director of football to sort that stuff out.

I got sacked by Lillehammer after 18 games (of a 24 game season). I was 10th, after they sacked me they lost 5 & drew 1 and got relegated in 12th place. Ha!

I'm now at Hammerby TFF in the Swedish 3rd tier, going through preseason. The budget is much better, £17k transfer kitty & £3.5k p/w for wages (Lillehammer was £0 & £1.5k p/w), and they were only spending £1.5k p/w so plenty of room for improvement. All the players I've signed so far are of a similar or better level as the best players already at the club. Much more hopeful.

did you go for Lillehammer on the sole basis their name was familiar due to the '94 Olympics?

Got to 2nd, just before play-offs, went for Oxford job, got given ultimatum - resign or be sacked. So resigned and now looking for a job

did you go for Lillehammer on the sole basis their name was familiar due to the '94 Olympics?

No, because of the TV show Lilyhammer, which is set there because the main character wanted to be sent there as he'd seen it on the winter olympics, so in a way...

Can I just ask, who sets the level of chairman expectation?

I just got Southend promoted in my first season and consolidated for a season in L1 and now RM wants me to get promotion again.....I have to admit that when I'm not meeting expectations, I generally stop playing and lose interest knowing I'm destined for the sack as that's what used to happen in previous versions....Has it changed much these days to reflect the more realistic scenario that managers sometimes don't reach their objectives, but have come close, or does it still just sack you?

Went back to my Stoke career. Finished the 2016-17 season, I made it through the group stage of the Europa League, then knocked out Napoli before going out to Zenit. In the league we finished a disappointing 11th. Still I was given a shiny new 4yr contract on double the previous wage, and after letting a few aging players on high wages go, spent big on a couple of strikers. Started 2017-18 winning 2 and losing 8 of first 10games and got sacked. :'(

Summer 2018 and I've been given the Wigan job. I shall have my revenge.

Can I just ask, who sets the level of chairman expectation?

I just got Southend promoted in my first season and consolidated for a season in L1 and now RM wants me to get promotion again.....I have to admit that when I'm not meeting expectations, I generally stop playing and lose interest knowing I'm destined for the sack as that's what used to happen in previous versions....Has it changed much these days to reflect the more realistic scenario that managers sometimes don't reach their objectives, but have come close, or does it still just sack you?

Lemme put it this way: I got SUFC to the Prem on one FM12 game. 1st season: 15th. 2nd season: 10th. Got the boot up the arse.

Suprised to find Wigan had won the FA Cup just before I got the job, so I'm in Europe again. Held Man Utd 1-1 in the Charity Shield before losing on pens.

Back