• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The demo didn't work properly in windowed mode on my laptop either, the bottom of the screen was cut off.

Currently not going to be buying it tomorrow but that may change.

Pub day today but will probably pop into town and get it tomorrow, especially as I have the day off on Monday.

Caved in and bought it already.

I have two questions for our resident researcher:

1. Why is our nickname down as 'The Blues' instead of 'The Shrimpers'?

2. I notice for the first time in a few years our stadium move has been removed from the game. Whilst this makes it harder long-term at SUFC, it's probably closer to the truth. Has the need/desire for a new ground been kept in the game or not?

Thanks.

2. I notice for the first time in a few years our stadium move has been removed from the game. Whilst this makes it harder long-term at SUFC, it's probably closer to the truth. Has the need/desire for a new ground been kept in the game or not?

Thanks.

we were the Blues long before the Shrimpers.

Thanks.

1. No idea! It's not a change that I consciously made. Perhaps they switched around the 'Nickname' and 'Second Nickname' fields in the research editor without me realising.....

2. Unfortunately there is no way to put in a desire to move. I've taken the stadium out of the game for exactly the reason you stated - it's more accurate. I was fed up with having a set future stadium move in the game for the past 4 years and having to put back the move date every season. Until we have a concrete start date, it's staying out of the game, especially as it seems like the whole project could collapse at any minute. In terms of desire to move in the future, I've bumped our maximum potential attendance to 16,000, and set Roots Hall to be in a 'below average' condition with no room for expansion. If everything comes together (you move up a few divisions, regularly sell-out RH and have plenty of money or a rich chairman) then a stadium move will probably happen.

Been debating on whether to get this or not - mainly because of uni and basketball (which already means I'm not actually in my house 3/4 days of the week even before I've played a match) and because I've heard it's a right bitch to get installed - is it really worth it?

Been debating on whether to get this or not - mainly because of uni and basketball (which already means I'm not actually in my house 3/4 days of the week even before I've played a match) and because I've heard it's a right bitch to get installed - is it really worth it?

I never had any problems installing it. I haven't played it that much, due to work and other commitments, but I think its worth it. The new team talk and team meeting things look really nice and well thought out, but does take time to get used to.

Started unemployed and got the Plymouth job before the season even started. Doing well at the moment, in the play-offs, but they finances are always a problem and can't get players on big wages out, with two players on a combined £8k a week, being about 30% of my budget isn't helpful!

A few transfers were made before I got the job, such as Marvin Williams, Robbie Winters and Michael Ricketts on a free. After loads of trialists and failure to sign them due to wages, I managed to get Dean Bouzanis (former Liverpool GK), Rui Marques (former Leeds CB) and Sone Aluko (former Aberdeen LW) on frees in time for the first game.

Loanees were going to be key due to lack of finances, which have been Jordan Brown (Wet Spam RB), Marko Mitrovic (Chelsea ST), Mehdi Lazaar (Burnley AM/ST), Torbjorn Agdestein (Brighton ST) and Will Atkinson (Hull LW/ST). Best ones have been Atkinson and Agdestein, who has returned to Brighton unhappy for some reason.

Also, is there anyway to find who a player dislikes?

I never had any problems installing it. I haven't played it that much, due to work and other commitments, but I think its worth it. The new team talk and team meeting things look really nice and well thought out, but does take time to get used to.

Started unemployed and got the Plymouth job before the season even started. Doing well at the moment, in the play-offs, but they finances are always a problem and can't get players on big wages out, with two players on a combined £8k a week, being about 30% of my budget isn't helpful!

A few transfers were made before I got the job, such as Marvin Williams, Robbie Winters and Michael Ricketts on a free. After loads of trialists and failure to sign them due to wages, I managed to get Dean Bouzanis (former Liverpool GK), Rui Marques (former Leeds CB) and Sone Aluko (former Aberdeen LW) on frees in time for the first game.

Loanees were going to be key due to lack of finances, which have been Jordan Brown (Wet Spam RB), Marko Mitrovic (Chelsea ST), Mehdi Lazaar (Burnley AM/ST), Torbjorn Agdestein (Brighton ST) and Will Atkinson (Hull LW/ST). Best ones have been Atkinson and Agdestein, who has returned to Brighton unhappy for some reason.

Also, is there anyway to find who a player dislikes?

If it's the same as previous FM's it should be on their personal information section.

Nicholas Bignall (ST) on loan from Reading was a key player for me on the demo, got 15 goals in 10 games. Seemed to rely on him to get the goals though, next top scorer was Harris with 4...

Playing as Millwall in demo - signed Ecclestone from Liverpool on loan, and with Jay Simpson who was already on loan, we're up to 3rd. Helped that we sold 3 players, one of which for £3m, and bought Edgar from Burnley.

The CM bug is back.

18 games in and I'm top of the league with Southend.

Harris as 12 in 18,
Barker 7 in 19
Mohsni and Hall 4 in 21

Hall also has 15 assists, the Hall new post corner to Barker proving a useful tactic.

Notable sigings:

Ben Thatcher at LB on a free,
Darren Byfield on a free,
Whichelow on loan from Watford
Conor Doyle on loan (6 goals in 8 games before injury)

Anyone else got a Southend file going?

So, the choice is, do I buy this and play it all day, whilst listening to Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington podcasts? Or do I, do my 2 x 2,500 word essay.

Playing the demo - was top with Southend thanks to new striker Wesley Ngo Bhang making a difference. Also played with Arsenal, 14 wins out of 15...quite easy isn't it

A well earned draw for the dream team

5ad09d4b-ea74-9e3e.jpg

Back