• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blues_r_best

Entertainment 7wenty
Just been announced

Transfers & Contracts - significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Scouting improvements - using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

3D Match Improvements - new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime - the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don't have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Tone - a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things - be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

Intelligent Interface - a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.

Brand New Tutorial - standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game "how to" system.

[video=youtube;stoveU0utQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stoveU0utQ4&[/video]

[video=youtube;9iTXka94ePc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iTXka94ePc&[/video]

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/315372/football-manager-2012-announced-first-details/

Looks fantastic, can't wait. The play anywhere feature is fantastic and a completely revolutionary introduction. Are CM doing a game this year? CM11 (Or was it 10?) was awful.

Very happy about the Manage Anywhere, Anytime feature - means I can adjust the amount of playable leagues as I go along depending on how fast the game is running

I hope you enjoy the fruits of my labourorious researching and rating over the summer!

What can we expect from the Southend squad this year James? I hope Hall is hugely improved - I hate it when our best player in real life is crap on FM, like he was last season. If I understand how it works, it is your rating of him that will be used this season, is that right?

What can we expect from the Southend squad this year James? I hope Hall is hugely improved - I hate it when our best player in real life is crap on FM, like he was last season. If I understand how it works, it is your rating of him that will be used this season, is that right?

If so maybe we should have some kind of FM players poll on how good the players could be on FM. Realistic opinions obviously?

And then you can take our opinions and add them to your opinions?

That's something I tried last season OBD, but not many replied. I've finished the ratings for the start of the season and those won't be changed now, but if it's something you guys would like to put an opinion forward for then I'll start doing it. That will start from the time when I start fiddling with ratings for the January data update.

I can publish the CA ratings I've given if people want to see them and if spoiler tags are available on the board...

That's something I tried last season OBD, but not many replied. I've finished the ratings for the start of the season and those won't be changed now, but if it's something you guys would like to put an opinion forward for then I'll start doing it. That will start from the time when I start fiddling with ratings for the January data update.

I can publish the CA ratings I've given if people want to see them and if spoiler tags are available on the board...

I'd be interested for sure. There are quite a few FM fans on this board. Maybe it would just need a few bumps! And a poll to see who would be interested in contributing!

And yes, Hall is drastically improved this year! My hands were tied last year due to rating restrictions imposed by SI. Hall came into my Southend file with a CA rating of 58 (the Bromley researcher put him at this, probably due to rating restrictions for Blue Square South teams) and a a rule of thumb, SI say that researchers cannot touch the ratings of new players until half a season after they've joined. We have to 'trust'/honour the rating given by the previous club's researcher initially. Now that I've been allowed to change and rate him based on L2 rating guidelines, he's better!

I'd just like to know our top 3 players if that's okay - not their CA or PA, just names.

I think spoiler tags are on this board somewhere too.

Where do we sit amongst L2 squads on it? I'm guessing around 10th or so.

I'd just like to know our top 3 players if that's okay - not their CA or PA, just names.

I think spoiler tags are on this board somewhere too.

Where do we sit amongst L2 squads on it? I'm guessing around 10th or so.

Club AvgCA
Swindon Town 88.00
Bristol Rovers 83.19
Rotherham United 79.69
Gillingham 79.56
Crawley Town 79.50
Oxford United 78.50
Southend United 77.44
Shrewsbury Town 77.06
Port Vale 75.88
Plymouth Argyle 75.06
Bradford City 74.69
Dag and Red 73.81
Accrington Stanley 73.00
Northampton Town 72.33
Torquay United 71.44
Cheltenham Town 69.63
Burton Albion 69.38
Morecambe 69.00
Hereford United 68.73
Aldershot Town 68.13
Barnet 67.33
AFC Wimbledon 66.81
Macclesfield Town 63.81
Crewe Alexandra 63.38

Cannot download the demo - can't seem to get a new password on fecking Steam.

Only just started playing it. New fonts/options taking a while to get used to.Match looks a bit better, crowds look more realistic (ie no one there) and you can see houses outside now.

[video=youtube;Jy5wcBWzAgo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy5wcBWzAgo[/video]

[video=youtube;dHl31VHxLLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHl31VHxLLI[/video]

nope, All I want to do is reset my password but it seems their system is "throw a 6 to start"

Looks like it as all driven through Steam this year, good for them if it stops those shady types grabbing it from the newsgroups :whistling:

I use Steam for everything anyway so not an issue, but it wont stop it being hacked and available within 24 hours...

Back