• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Manager 2020

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Staff member
Been keeping an eye on announced improvements this year and looks like it’ll be another step forward.

Am I right in thinking that whoever is the Data Researcher for us posts on here? Anyone know who it is?

A friend of mine is trying to join Shrimperzone without success. After typing in his email address and a password he has to answer the question (who’s the manager). Waddock doesn’t work neither does Bond. Can you help please.

A friend of mine is trying to join Shrimperzone without success. After typing in his email address and a password he has to answer the question (who’s the manager). Waddock doesn’t work neither does Bond. Can you help please.

You have a PM.

yeah, I've got it. did a pre order of it. I've played the last one a fair bit but got bored of it. Honestly getting Southend to the Prem then battling for survival got boring - the novelty wears off quicker on computer games. So I'm well up for a run as Chelsea and as us on the new one

The beta is now available for those that pre-ordered. Started a game as Southend and let's just say the game is realistic as the team is awful.

Been keeping an eye on announced improvements this year and looks like it’ll be another step forward.

Am I right in thinking that whoever is the Data Researcher for us posts on here? Anyone know who it is?

That'd be me :)

I just started playing it the other day, I assume Freddy Jr. has good stats because he's always getting rave reviews in the Under 18s on my news feed.

This is actually my first FM since 2016, I had a deep save on that in the mid 2030s. I abstained from releases after that because the regens were so goofy looking, they have made a big step forward this year but still not at the level they were in the early 2010s.

Just downloaded fm20, my first since fm14. Christ this is way advanced! Struggling to get
To grips. My first attempt with Southend has seen me sacked in early December and replaced by Chelsea woman’s manager Emma Hayes. Nice bit of history that as the first female manager in the football league

I've jumped into proper FM for the first time, it seems very unrealistic to me. After only one season at the club Ron Martin has removed 'build a new stadium' from the list of club objectives.

This is my first FM since 2011/12 and on balance I like it. My first season is going well - playing the kids is working out with the addition of 2 very young and cheap players, one of whom is developing into a star on the right wing. Currently challenging for playoff places in February. The biggest blot on the horizon is sadly young Elvis who demanded a new contract midway through the season that board restrictions prevent me from offering him, and is now kicking up a fuss in the dressing room and the papers - has seriously derailed my form.

I guess that's the newest feature though - molly coddling players off the pitch seems to be as important as telling them what to do on it. Not sure if I'm a fan of that or not - seems a bit too much weight is attached to which one of 4 or 5 lines I select to say to a player who suddenly turns up one day.

This is my first FM since 2011/12 and on balance I like it. My first season is going well - playing the kids is working out with the addition of 2 very young and cheap players, one of whom is developing into a star on the right wing. Currently challenging for playoff places in February. The biggest blot on the horizon is sadly young Elvis who demanded a new contract midway through the season that board restrictions prevent me from offering him, and is now kicking up a fuss in the dressing room and the papers - has seriously derailed my form.

I guess that's the newest feature though - molly coddling players off the pitch seems to be as important as telling them what to do on it. Not sure if I'm a fan of that or not - seems a bit too much weight is attached to which one of 4 or 5 lines I select to say to a player who suddenly turns up one day.
I think Elvis (or maybe his agent) must be programmed to be a troublemaker because the exact same thing happened to me (although in my case when he made a fuss in the dressing room the rest of the squad took my side so didn't really affect the team too much). I did eventually end up giving him a new contract but then 2 months into my second season he demanded another new deal!

On my game, I released Elvis when he was 28 as he wasn't cutting it in the prem and he instantly retired!

Very odd as i had planned to have him manage the reserves!

Got Fm 20 a couple of months ago, first one since 17, couldn’t face being SUFC, so did a journeyman save, just started my 2nd season as Cobh ramblers in the Irish league, part time and skint, bloody tricky

Back