• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Manager 22

Tyga

Youth Team⭐
Just bought FM22 and am playing the beta as Southend. As expected, no money and a mediocre, injury-ravaged squad. Demi broke his leg in pre-season and Ralph has injured on and off throughout pre-season. Clifford is out for another couple of months and the U23 full backs keep going down with injury.

No Sheff Utd loanees, I guess the squads will be updated when the completed game is available in a few days time. I might start again when that happens. I tried loaning Brunt and they were only asking 110 p/w towards wages but Ron wouldn't let me spend the cash...

Managed to sell Akinola and have brought in a couple of young players to fill gaps (left wing and central defender) as selling Akinola only got me back to balancing the wage budget and I don't have the wage allowance to sign anyone decent. Won the first game of the season at Kings Lynn 2-1, Stockport next so will most likely come down to earth with a thud.

As far as the new features go, the only one I have really used is the new staff meetings which I think are a great addition as it brings all the issues to you once per week (or less often if you choose) from staff vacancies, coach allocations as well as player related things like training issues, new attributes to train etc.

Anyone else trying it out?

Will be grabbing it on Gamepass for Xbox later tonight - looking forward to it, if I can tear myself away from FH5! What a week;

FH5, FM22, GTA Remakes, SMTV on Switch.

It looks like the beta version is now done as the "final" version is out now. I haven't really noticed anything different to be honest. I might check and see if the squad has been updated to include the recent loanees.

Bit annoyed they have got rid of FM Touch for PC. Only found out after buying on Steam too. Used to be my way of playing without taking a weekend to get through pre-season.

I'll have to find a way to stop the 'full' game taking forever.

Just bought FM22 and am playing the beta as Southend. As expected, no money and a mediocre, injury-ravaged squad. Demi broke his leg in pre-season and Ralph has injured on and off throughout pre-season. Clifford is out for another couple of months and the U23 full backs keep going down with injury.

No Sheff Utd loanees, I guess the squads will be updated when the completed game is available in a few days time. I might start again when that happens. I tried loaning Brunt and they were only asking 110 p/w towards wages but Ron wouldn't let me spend the cash...

Managed to sell Akinola and have brought in a couple of young players to fill gaps (left wing and central defender) as selling Akinola only got me back to balancing the wage budget and I don't have the wage allowance to sign anyone decent. Won the first game of the season at Kings Lynn 2-1, Stockport next so will most likely come down to earth with a thud.

As far as the new features go, the only one I have really used is the new staff meetings which I think are a great addition as it brings all the issues to you once per week (or less often if you choose) from staff vacancies, coach allocations as well as player related things like training issues, new attributes to train etc.

I just bought FM22 Mobile. All I have time and patience for tbh.

Just appointed Southend boss. Not bought or sold any players yet. Not played a game.

Did notice that Elvis is a free agent. Be interesting who he signs for.

Are there zoom meetings on the new one? Lol

Are there zoom meetings on the new one? Lol
Lol, no. I'm glad they made the decision not to add covid to the game.

Although, with the injuries I am getting in the game it might be classed as a pandemic. 3 out with broken legs in the first month or so and before every game it is like waiting for lottery numbers to be drawn as I wait to see which players are going to go down with serious injury the day before the next match.

Somehow I am managing to win games and am top halfway through the first season despite the carnage. Getting players in on loan for nothing helps and Demi retiring after his broken leg in preseason freed up some wage space to get in some young players on free transfers to bolster the ranks.

I just bought FM22 Mobile. All I have time and patience for tbh.

Just appointed Southend boss. Not bought or sold any players yet. Not played a game.

Did notice that Elvis is a free agent. Be interesting who he signs for.

I forgot to look for him. I was crying out for a right back as all my first team and U23 right backs went down with injury within a few weeks. I think his wage demands would have meant he was not an option to bring back...

I'll take a look and see where he is in my game when I next play.

I have 2 games left in the first season so I think I have had a good look at any new features in the game.

In my opinion, the match highlights are much more realistic with respect to how the ball behaves (e.g. when a shot is blocked) as in the past it just cannoned into the stands whereas in FM22 it can loop high into the air or deflect to another area of the pitch.

Players are far less likely to shoot from impossible angles which used to annoy me quite a bit. They often stop and turn to look for a passing option in a central area for a better scoring opportunity.

One slight negative is quite often players in the front third will decide to hoof the ball all the way back to the keeper when they are under pressure. Not sure if that is a "glitch" or due to me using an attacking sweeper keeper.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, there are weekly meetings with your backroom staff. I have found these to be very useful as all issues, good and bad, are presented to you for your attention. You can either act on those suggestions during the meeting or ask for a message to be sent to you after the meeting for any action you might want to take.

The data hub is an interesting new addition that I haven't really used too much. There is a lot of information there and it gets more detailed as you improve your facilities. I guess it could be used to identify a serious weakness if your results are bad. I did see that over the season our defence improved in comparison to other teams in the league. I think that was largely due to sidelining the old plodders like Coulsen, Ogogo and Dunne and bringing in younger, faster defenders on free transfer or loan.

The youth intake is also presented in a way that makes identifying high potential players. When the intake is announced the youth prospects are presented in groups from Elite Talent down which means the best prospects are easier to identify at first glance. Not really a big change game-wise just a neater presentation.

Scout reports are similarly better presented and all the relevant information is on the first screen so you can see what you need to see to make a choice as to whether to continue scouting a player, trying to sign them or binning them off.

Overall, I have enjoyed the first season. I am looking forward to the first full off-season as a significant chunk of the players I have are out of contract and are on their way out freeing up wage space to bring in a less elderly squad.

I've been told a decent signing at this level on FM is Kyle Hudlin, Solihull Moors striker who is 6ft9. Awesome if you're playing hoofball and are reliant on the set pieces.

I'll probably wait until the price drops on Steam a bit, I still had a save going on FM20 that was 25 seasons in but it recently corrupted, suspiciously just as FM22 was being released.

Will be grabbing it on Gamepass for Xbox later tonight - looking forward to it, if I can tear myself away from FH5! What a week;

FH5, FM22, GTA Remakes, SMTV on Switch.
Think I'll be avoiding the GTA "Remasters" for a while yet. I think Southend's season will take an upward turn quicker than Rockstar can get patching out of their own relegation hole.

Hello guys how are you all, I've just joined this forum as I am about to start a Southend series on FM22 on my YouTube channel & I'm hoping to find out if the finances in game are in any way close to what the situation is IRL.

I would love to get your experiences so far in the game especially as it seems to me that the financial projection is very hopeful I.E the club is predicted to have almost 10 million in the bank after 3 seasons. Is that realistic?

if anyone knows anything about the real world finances of the club I would love to have a chat.
If anybody wants the link to my channel then I'm happy to send it, just dont want to post it here in case that is considered self promo.

thanks for reading guys

Hello guys how are you all, I've just joined this forum as I am about to start a Southend series on FM22 on my YouTube channel & I'm hoping to find out if the finances in game are in any way close to what the situation is IRL.

I would love to get your experiences so far in the game especially as it seems to me that the financial projection is very hopeful I.E the club is predicted to have almost 10 million in the bank after 3 seasons. Is that realistic?

if anyone knows anything about the real world finances of the club I would love to have a chat.
If anybody wants the link to my channel then I'm happy to send it, just dont want to post it here in case that is considered self promo.

thanks for reading guys
I'd watch that play through, if you're not comfortable posting the link here feel free to send it to me

Hey Guys if anyone is interested, EP0 of my series is now live on my channel. Hope it's ok to post this here if not feel free to delete this post

Welcome to EP3 of my Football Manager 2022 lets Play series ReRooting Southend today we see if Southend United are up to BREAKING THE WREXHAM CODE as we welcome the Welsh megastars to Roots Hall

ReRooting Southend is back once again and today we're taking on Grimsby. With rumours of our imminent sacking swirling can we save our job?

Back