• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Manager 23

Finished season 1 being eliminated in the playoffs by Wrexham, went 2-0 up at their place before Ollie got sent-off and then it all collapsed from there.

Weirdly, Ron then opened the warchest for season 2 and I had a 1 mil transfer budget, which I opted to mostly pump into the wage bill instead. Major surgery with lots of "John Still recommended signings" coming in for peanuts, and in season 2, only Kensdale, Lopata, Powell and Wood still get a look in from the original squad. A lot of the others have been moved on.

Season 2 still went the same way, always in and around the playoff spots but never consistent enough for anything more. Got eliminated by Wrexham in the playoff semis....again! Somehow, Eastleigh strolled to 1st position. Wrexham lost the final to Notts. County, so I guess Wrexham will be waiting for me in the playoffs again next season, like an end of level boss....

I can see why NL is called "the b@$t@rd" league now!

Today's - the game is too close to real life screenshot:

tax bill.jpg

I've just finished season 2036/37 and beat Brighton 1-0 at Wembley in the Championship play off final. Earliest I have made the premier league with us. Played the season at Portman Road, as the new stadium is being built. Next season looks tough, as £750K wage budget and £44m transfer budget.

I've been upgrading my staff every season, to improve the non-playing teams as much as the playing side.

onwards and upwards.......

1675976862572.png

Apologies for the necro, but I picked this game up a few weeks ago. Gegenpress 4-2-3-1 with inverted wingers is OP. Jake Hyde was jettisoned, replaced with a loanee from Oldham and an 18yo midfield prospect.

The next game means everything...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-22 003154.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-22 003154.png
    768.6 KB · Views: 39
Back