• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Thought i'd give you guys an update on the game as i've been testing it now for 2 months.

Since I last posted, they've added a ton of new features to test that'll be included in the release version.

The new Match Engine seems Ok... More of a fixed FM08 Engine now but still a little bugs to be ironed out as the form of your team isn't as effective as it should be, leading you to get turned over far too easily on occasions.

The "Skills" feature is brilliant. Instead of hiring coaches and scouts, you now do everything yourself, with the effectiveness you have dependent on your skill level. You have skills in Coaching, Management, Physio and Scouting. Coaching covers every aspect of coaching whereas management deals with finances, influence on game officials to reduce suspensions, construction for stadiums and marketing to increase your daily revenue.

You raise your skills by selecting one to learn, and it is raised another level in the time given... It raises even when you're not playing. However, to learn EVERY skill in the game would take 6 years, so you have to be selective. You can buy/sell your scouting knowledge (Including Judgement of potential) to other players for a fee designated by the player with the skill. Scouting skills increase the numbers of players you can view (some are hidden) and Judging Potential gets more accurate as you raise it. It's a lot of tactical thinking, but my preference is to really start with the general coaching and scouting skills, and then go hell for leather on the financial ones as, ultimately, money rules the game.

Still to come are stadium builds, which will switch the dynamic of the game as those with a fair amount of money in the bank will build a bigger stadium and rake it in.

It's about 2 months away from release and you'll need a subscription fee (they say per month it'll be no more than a few pints, my guess is around £7.50p/m) but, if you enjoy your FM games, it's well worth it.

A little tip: Start the game and keep your wage bill as low as possible, buy only 1 or 2 well known players and the rest youngsters with good potential. Try to keep your wage bill around 170k and reap as much as you can. After a week, see if you can offload some of your youngsters (When a player signs, they have to be at your club for a minimum of 1 week before they can be auctioned/sold) and then look at buying well known players. Lately, a large number of clubs in the top 100 in the rankings have gone bankrupt because of poor financial management i.e. Buying Cristiano Ronaldo, then realising his 70k wages cripple you.

Sounds class ESB. I might get it, I probably will, it's just that £7.50/month is quite a lot for a student, do they do a student price :rolleyes:

I'm liking the sound of the skills you build up, but I feel it should be relative to how many games you play as well as how long it goes, what I mean is...

If you have gone a week on the scouting one, it improves say 1, regardless of how many games you've played. If you've gone a week and played 50 games however, it could improve 3. Seems to make more sense to me anyway.

A couple of questions:
  • Are they planning to have this game run on this disk forever? As in, just download updates every so often and make improvements to the game, rather then buying a whole new one each year like the normal FM.
  • Do you all start on a level playing field? Do you start with 0 players and have to buy from the start? Do you have the same size stadium and other information such as reputation at the start?

Last edited:
Sounds class ESB. I might get it, I probably will, it's just that £7.50/month is quite a lot for a student, do they do a student price :rolleyes:

I'm liking the sound of the skills you build up, but I feel it should be relative to how many games you play as well as how long it goes, what I mean is...

If you have gone a week on the scouting one, it improves say 1, regardless of how many games you've played. If you've gone a week and played 50 games however, it could improve 3. Seems to make more sense to me anyway.

A couple of questions:
  • Are they planning to have this game run on this disk forever? As in, just download updates every so often and make improvements to the game, rather then buying a whole new one each year like the normal FM.
  • Do you all start on a level playing field? Do you start with 0 players and have to buy from the start? Do you have the same size stadium and other information such as reputation at the start?

It'll be essentially the same game forever. Because there's no set clubs such as Arsenal or Southend, they have nothing to update. The updates i've had to get come straight from the client's uploader... So that'll be the way it's done.

Yes, everybody starts with the exact same amount of money, the same reputations everything. You have no players, no youth team and no rank points... all of that you build up yourself. I can't comment on stadiums as they haven't been released yet, but i'd imagine everybody would start with a specific stadium size, i.e. 10,000 with basic facilities.

As for the skills idea, a lot of people on the game have voiced there agreement with this... but what SI are saying is it'd create an unfair environment... The people who play this game more often or have more time to play would gain an unfair advantage over those who cant which is something there keen to negate. Forgot to mention they have a set of skills which you can learn which decrease the time it takes to learn specific skills; i.e. the Coaching Badge skill decreases the time it takes to learn all the coaching skills by 5% per level of Coaching Badge.

Back