• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Manager PC Game - SUFC

Target man

Striker
OK so anyone else try their luck as boss of SUFC with the PC game 'Football Manager'? I find it great to switch off from the stresses of work!

Which players have made it big for you?

Who let's you down?

Who's been your best signing?

What loan players have made an impact?

What struggles or success have you had?

The first season on the 2021 game sees you starting until December under a transfer embargo. How has your first season gone?

At least the FM 2022 will be more interesting as I always like managing an non league club and take them far as possible. Only one non league club I will manage is Southend Utd!

OK so anyone else try their luck as boss of SUFC with the PC game 'Football Manager'? I find it great to switch off from the stresses of work!

Which players have made it big for you?

Who let's you down?

Who's been your best signing?

What loan players have made an impact?

What struggles or success have you had?

The first season on the 2021 game sees you starting until December under a transfer embargo. How has your first season gone?
Ron's just sacked me with two games to go - I was 6th

Out of the current crop Murphy and Dalby were great but I signed Nathan Oduwa on a free who is class but injury prone.

Let down must be Jack Bridge.

Best signing is Charlie Semple free transfer. Centre back formerly in the scottish leagues. Josh Sims is a good player for this level.

Jay Sansfield was signed on loan from Fulham and was decent off the bench.

Won one in my last nine games hence being sacked. Was gutted. Fancied us to win the play offs.

Going to wait until the full release for my second attempt.

Currently top after 31 games.

10 assists from Tom Clifford
9 goals from Harry Lennon from corners
10 goals from Sam Hart
Got a few decent loan signings in

I've owned every version of the game since Championship Manager 2 back in 1995/96. It's my longest love. Had a great 5-year stint as the Southend Data Researcher from 2008-2013 too, which I loved. @Shrimper is now doing a great job with it but he knows I'd gladly take it back if he ever decides to stop ;)

I've had so many successes, I can't even begin to remember them all. Had a great long-save where I took Chippenham Town from Blue Square South all the way to Champions League glory, and had their new stadium named after me. Think that might have been FM 2010? Also had a great game on FM 2012 where I took Southend to the very top, had a 68,000 seater stadium built called Tilson Park, and had my own homegrown Leo Messi in the form of young Danish regen Rune Kristensen, who bossed my midfield from the age of 17 right through until he retired at 34.

I have bought FM22 today and will be having a play around on the Beta over the next few days. Hearing great things so far though.

Last edited:
I've owned every version of the game since Championship Manager 2 back in 1995/96. It's my longest love. Had a great 5-year stint as the Southend Data Researcher from 2008-2013 too, which I loved. @Shrimper is now doing a great job with it but he knows I'd gladly take it back if he ever decides to stop ;)

I've had so many successes, I can't even begin to remember them all. Had a great long-save where I took Chippenham Town from Blue Square South all the way to Champions League glory, and had their new stadium named after me. Think that might have been FM 2010? Also had a great game on FM 2012 where I took Southend to the very top, had a 68,000 seater stadium built called Tilson Park, and had my own homegrown Leo Messi in the form of young Danish regen Rune Kristianson, who bossed my midfield from the age of 17 right through until he retired at 34.

I have bought FM22 today and will be having a play around on the Beta over the next few days. Hearing great things so far though.
You're a legend!!!!

I've had so many successes, I can't even begin to remember them all. Had a great long-save where I took Chippenham Town from Blue Square South all the way to Champions League glory, and had their new stadium named after me. Think that might have been FM 2010? Also had a great game on FM 2012 where I took Southend to the very top, had a 68,000 seater stadium built called Tilson Park, and had my own homegrown Leo Messi in the form of young Danish regen Rune Kristensen, who bossed my midfield from the age of 17 right through until he retired at 34.

I'd suggest getting rid of the older players and getting semple and oduwa in. Towards the backend of the season more players become available for cheaper so it really helps that promotion push.

I'd suggest getting rid of the older players and getting semple and oduwa in. Towards the backend of the season more players become available for cheaper so it really helps that promotion push.
I've pretty much done the same. Got Bobby Duncan in from Derby on loan and Ntumba Massanka on a free and the pair are ripping up the league in front of goal!

Finished mid-table first year, won L2 in 22-23 and L1 in 23-24, both as champions, relegated from Championship 25-26, won L1 26-26 champions, 30-13 won Championship as champions, now finishing season 33-34, moving into new ground in June and 7th in Prem with 4 games to go. Knocked out semis in Carabao cup by Burnley and am 3 days away from an FA Cup Semi vs Liverpool.

See if you can get Steve Hall on load from Wolves. loaned him for 4 seasons before signing him permanently. Scores goals for fun in the Championship.

Finished mid-table first year, won L2 in 22-23 and L1 in 23-24, both as champions, relegated from Championship 25-26, won L1 26-26 champions, 30-13 won Championship as champions, now finishing season 33-34, moving into new ground in June and 7th in Prem with 4 games to go. Knocked out semis in Carabao cup by Burnley and am 3 days away from an FA Cup Semi vs Liverpool.

See if you can get Steve Hall on load from Wolves. loaned him for 4 seasons before signing him permanently. Scores goals for fun in the Championship.
I'd say you have done OK ?

Assuming this isn't FM22!

FT 1-0 a date at Wembley for the final against Leeds.

yeah great escape from the reality of our circumstances......

Helps to have a good chairman........

Jordan Dixon is great LOL.....

Back