• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
For those FM fans interested, here are the ratings I have sent off for Phase 1 of the research process for FM 2010.

CA = Current Ability (out of 200); e.g. Cristiano Ronaldo has a CA of 191.
PA = Potential Ability (out of 200); in younger players, negatives used, where -10 = amazing potential and -1 = might as well give up the game.
CR = Current Reputation (out of 200) - used by the game to order squad status for individuals and decide whether a player is happy to stay put or wants to 'move to a bigger club', e.g. Cristiano Ronaldo has a CR of 190.
Change = change in CA/PA/CR in particular player since last research phase in January 2009.

Code:
                                   [B]CA     Change     PA       Change      CR     Change     Consist.[/B]
[B][U]Star Players (CA 101-115)[/U][/B]
1    Dervite, Dorian[B]*[/B]             113       [B][COLOR="Red"]-2[/COLOR][/B]        -8        0         96      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+11[/COLOR][/B]         15
2    Clarke, Peter                108       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+2[/COLOR][/B]       115        0         98       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+3[/COLOR][/B]         16
3    Barnard, Lee                 106       [B][COLOR="Red"]-4[/COLOR][/B]       118       [B][COLOR="Red"]-7[/COLOR][/B]         94       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+4[/COLOR][/B]         12
4    McCormack, Alan              103       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+4[/COLOR][/B]       115       [B][COLOR="Red"]-3[/COLOR][/B]         93      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+18[/COLOR][/B]         16
5    Christophe, Jean-François    101       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+2[/COLOR][/B]       130     [B][COLOR="Lime"]was -7[/COLOR][/B]       93       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+7[/COLOR][/B]         14

[B][U]First Team Players (CA 81-100)[/U][/B]
6    Barrett, Adam                100       [B][COLOR="Red"]-5[/COLOR][/B]       112       [B][COLOR="Red"]-3[/COLOR][/B]         94       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+4[/COLOR][/B]         15
7    Mildenhall, Steve             97       [B][COLOR="Red"]-7[/COLOR][/B]       103       [B][COLOR="Red"]-7[/COLOR][/B]         91       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+6[/COLOR][/B]         12
8    Francis, Simon                96       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+1[/COLOR][/B]       115       [B][COLOR="Red"]-3[/COLOR][/B]         91       [B][COLOR="Red"]-4[/COLOR][/B]          9
9    Robinson, Theo[B]*[/B]               95       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+5[/COLOR][/B]       120      [B][COLOR="Red"]was -7[/COLOR][/B]      90      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+10[/COLOR][/B]         12
10   Freedman, Dougie              94      [B][COLOR="Red"]-15[/COLOR][/B]       127      [B]PEAK[/B]        94       [B][COLOR="Red"]-9[/COLOR][/B]         11
11   Grant, Anthony                93       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+4[/COLOR][/B]       115        0         90       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+7[/COLOR][/B]         10
12   Moussa, Franck                92       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+6[/COLOR][/B]        -8      [B][COLOR="Lime"]was -7[/COLOR][/B]      90      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+25[/COLOR][/B]         13
13   Revell, Alex                  91       [B][COLOR="Red"]-7[/COLOR][/B]       100      [B][COLOR="Red"]-10[/COLOR][/B]         88       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+4[/COLOR][/B]         12
14   Laurent, Francis              90       [B][COLOR="Red"]-6[/COLOR][/B]       115       [B][COLOR="Red"]-2[/COLOR][/B]         85       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+2[/COLOR][/B]         10
15   Walker, James                 88        0       110       [B][COLOR="Red"]-5[/COLOR][/B]         84        0          9
16   Sankofa, Osei                 87       [B][COLOR="Red"]-1[/COLOR][/B]       115       [B][COLOR="Red"]-5[/COLOR][/B]         88        0         11
17   Betsy, Kevin                  86        0        95      [B][COLOR="Red"]-15[/COLOR][/B]         90       [B][COLOR="Red"]-3[/COLOR][/B]          8
18   Herd, Johnny                  85        0        -7        0         77      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+34[/COLOR][/B]         11
19   Joyce, Ian                    85        0       118       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+8[/COLOR][/B]         78       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+8[/COLOR][/B]         14
20   Scannell, Damien              83       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+4[/COLOR][/B]       110       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+5[/COLOR][/B]         80      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+35[/COLOR][/B]          8

[B][U]Reserve Team Players (CA 0-70)[/U][/B]
21   O'Keefe, Stuart               75       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+4[/COLOR][/B]        -7        0         65       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+5[/COLOR][/B]         11
22   Calver, Craig                 62       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+2[/COLOR][/B]        -7        0         56      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+21[/COLOR][/B]         11
23   Masters, Clark                59        0        -6        0         59      [B][COLOR="Red"]-11[/COLOR][/B]         14

[B][U]Youth Team Players[/U][/B]
     Abalimba, Medi                52      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+10[/COLOR][/B]        -6        0         52      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+22[/COLOR][/B]          9
     Adeyinka, Tashan              50      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+12[/COLOR][/B]        -6        0         50      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+20[/COLOR][/B]          8
     Morris, Jack                  47      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+12[/COLOR][/B]        -5      [B][COLOR="Lime"]was -4[/COLOR][/B]      47      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+27[/COLOR][/B]          8
     Whittaker, Callum             47      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+17[/COLOR][/B]        -5      [B][COLOR="Red"]was -6[/COLOR][/B]      47      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+27[/COLOR][/B]         10
     Hazell, Justin                46        0        -6      [B][COLOR="Lime"]was -5[/COLOR][/B]      46      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+11[/COLOR][/B]         10
     Rieck, Gordon                 45        0        -5      [B][COLOR="Lime"]was -4[/COLOR][/B]      45      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+15[/COLOR][/B]         14
     Dennis, Jamie                 44      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+14[/COLOR][/B]        -5      [B][COLOR="Lime"]was -4[/COLOR][/B]      44      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+24[/COLOR][/B]          9
     Asante, Kyle                  42       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+6[/COLOR][/B]        -5        0         42      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+22[/COLOR][/B]          7
     McDonald, Nathan              42        0        -4      [B][COLOR="Red"]was -5[/COLOR][/B]      42      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+17[/COLOR][/B]          7
     Byrne, Ricky                  41        0        -4      [B][COLOR="Red"]was -5[/COLOR][/B]      41      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+29[/COLOR][/B]          8
     Owinga, John                  41      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+11[/COLOR][/B]        -4      [B][COLOR="Red"]was -5[/COLOR][/B]      41      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+21[/COLOR][/B]          8
     Crawford, Harry               40        0        -5        0         40      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+10[/COLOR][/B]          7
     Osifuwa, Adetayo              40       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+1[/COLOR][/B]        -5        0         40      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+10[/COLOR][/B]         13
     Jones, Ronnie                 38       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+3[/COLOR][/B]        -4      [B][COLOR="Lime"]was -3[/COLOR][/B]      38      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+23[/COLOR][/B]         11
     Reynolds, Duran               38       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+8[/COLOR][/B]        -5        0         38      [B][COLOR="Lime"]+18[/COLOR][/B]          9
     James-Lewis, Merrick          35        0        -4      [B][COLOR="Red"]was -5[/COLOR][/B]      35       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+5[/COLOR][/B]          9
     Milner, Marcus                31       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+1[/COLOR][/B]        -4        0         31       [B][COLOR="Lime"]+6[/COLOR][/B]         11

* denotes loan players.

Average CA of top 16 players (with loanees) = 97.12 (just within the bracket for a side finishing 5th-9th in L1 in 08/09.)
Average CA of top 16 players (without loanees) = 94.81

Youth team players raises reflect:
1) Success of youth team in winning the Youth Alliance league last season.
2) A number of those players having attracting the interest of and having trials with Premiership clubs.
3) My first attempt at really rating those youth players having watched them a fair bit more last season. The 30s and 35s that they were all sat on before were generic ratings that I gave to them all because I had yet to see them play properly.

CR raises reflect:
1) My first attempt at really rating CRs having previously left values given by previous researcher in and giving youth team players generic 20s or 30s for CR.
2) With most youth team players, CR=CA, as seems to be the practice with a lot of other researchers.

Now awaiting feedback from Sports Interactive, who will tell me whether they feel I've overrated, underrated or got it spot on.

Good work there James!
Well done, I'm sure it must take a lot of hard work.
I would say that most of those are right, Scannell might be a bit higher for some people though.

i think medi should be higher - given the recent trails at liverpool and manchester united

Good work James.

Points to note from me:
  • Granty is really 10 worse off then Macca?
  • Does Revell deserve a -7 just because of his injury? Possibly 1 or 2 to drop off, but his game wont have changed much I should imagine.
  • I wouldn't have JFC's potential ability 15 higher than Granty either personally, possibly 5/10 but 15 seemed a little high.
  • Joyce has a PA of 118? That's way too high if you ask me, I can't see him ever being more than league 2, but we'll see.
  • Dropping Mildy to -7 when he was a big contender in POTY whilst adding 2 onto Clarke seems confusing if you ask me.

Other than that, not bad.

i think medi should be higher - given the recent trails at liverpool and manchester united
If you're talking about his trials at Liverpool and Manchester United I was looking on a Liverpool forum the other day and found a thread about him where everybody that had posted on it said that he was the worst player they had ever seen! Hopefully he had a bad game but I agree it should be higher than most of the other youth team members

Good work James.

Points to note from me:
  • Granty is really 10 worse off then Macca?
  • Does Revell deserve a -7 just because of his injury? Possibly 1 or 2 to drop off, but his game wont have changed much I should imagine.
  • I wouldn't have JFC's potential ability 15 higher than Granty either personally, possibly 5/10 but 15 seemed a little high.
  • Joyce has a PA of 118? That's way too high if you ask me, I can't see him ever being more than league 2, but we'll see.
  • Dropping Mildy to -7 when he was a big contender in POTY whilst adding 2 onto Clarke seems confusing if you ask me.

Other than that, not bad.

I see what you're saying about Grant and Macca, and this will be reviewed in the mid-June research phase. Will probably be solved by rasing Grant by 2 CA points and dropping Macca by 2, hence bringing Macca level with JFC and making the gap between him and Grant 6.

I can also see what you say about Joyce. I don't think he'll be League 2 though, he has more potential than that. They guy is 8-10 years away from hitting his peak as a goalkeeper yet, he has a ridiculously long amount of time to really improve and I'm not that convinced that he's much worse than Mildenhall is at the moment. Certainly looked fine to me when I saw him play in the stiffs and in his 3 league games. 118 might be a tad high, but not by much IMO.

Your other points though :p

Revell hasn't been lowered because of his injury. In hindsight, and according to the views of Sports Interactive, I raised both Revell and Mildenhall too much in the January research phase last season (8 points each). I was told off for overrating, and Mildenhall and Revell are now back down to around the levels they were at when I first took the research job last summer. Mildenhall is in fact still 3 points higher than he was at that point last summer!

We'll have to agree to disagree on Grant and Jeff. Whilst I think Grant will become a decent Championship player (which is what a PA of 115 indicates), I think Jeff will be a fair bit better than that. I know for a fact that Tilly and Brushy see Jeff as having more potential than Grant, but slightly less than Mousse, because they told me! I think those PA ratings reflect that.

If you're talking about his trials at Liverpool and Manchester United I was looking on a Liverpool forum the other day and found a thread about him where everybody that had posted on it said that he was the worst player they had ever seen! Hopefully he had a bad game but I agree it should be higher than most of the other youth team members

Yes, the Liverpool researcher saw the reserve game he played in and said he was cack, and my dad watched him play for Man City reserves with Tilly and Ricky Duncan and said he didn't do himself any favours. -6 still gives him scope to get up to 120 CA if given the right training by the right coaches and enough first team exposure.

Havent we released half the players in your youth team list?

Don't think so mate.

James Lindie, Dan Harvey, Rhys Henry, Davis Abbey, Peggy Lokando, Freddie Ljungstrom, Jamie Forshaw and Luke Thurlbourne have all been released, which is why they're not on the list.

Let me know if I've got any on there that have been released though. I don't recall seeing any stories about any others being released and if there have been other releases then I've missed them.

Agree with pretty much your ratings give it take a couple of points either way.

Was wondering if you rate coaches etc too, because i think the youth coaches need a bit better stats. For the stuff they've done to our youth squad surely this should happen.

Was wondering if you rate coaches etc too, because i think the youth coaches need a bit better stats. For the stuff they've done to our youth squad surely this should happen.

the improvement with our youth coaches is only really comparable to what we've had in the past, pretty difficult to rate them compared to other teams in the league. I'm sure all the coaches are rated but it's always seemed a bit arbitrary when I've played FM

the improvement with our youth coaches is only really comparable to what we've had in the past, pretty difficult to rate them compared to other teams in the league. I'm sure all the coaches are rated but it's always seemed a bit arbitrary when I've played FM

Agree with what you're saying pringle, but Pubey is right, it's difficult to really see how good our youth coaches are compared to the rest of the division and it's easy to fall into the trap of overrating the youth coaches when you consider the tripe we've had in the past (Peter Trevivian.....*shudders*)

All 3 youth coaces, especially Ricky Duncan, took fairly big CA rises during last years' research. Plus, what I have done is raise the club's overall youth setup rating to 11 out of 20. This covers the quality of training, the provisions for educating young footballers within the club and the reach of the club into the community (distance-wise). For example, the club now runs roadshows and the youth set-up scouts, recruits and runs coaching days at schools as far away as Ilford, Dagenham and Harlow. This just wasn't the case 3 years ago and we were lucky if the youth set-up's reach stratched as far as Basildon.

Back