• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Manager

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Just found this on E-bay.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Football-Manager-2008-PC-3-7GB-Update-DVD-FM2008-patch_W0QQitemZ230236977572QQihZ013QQcategoryZ41072QQcmdZViewItem

I am not to bothered about the player updates but the backgrounds would be superb for all the league clubs and etc... with prem logos etc...

but rather then buy this and wait for it anybody know of a good download for this sort of thing!!

Football Manager (Championship Manager days) the game was so much better with stadium backgrounds!!

read the page again scott. it givesyou a list of everywhere he downloaded stuff from

Good find scott mate - already have the prem logos downloaded - but this guy seems to have done everything, and very professionally also. Couldnt be arsed going through all the different websites myself, might buy a copy seen as tho its on the cheap

Must have taken him quite a while, still he will be pretty minted if he keeps selling them.

Suprised he didn't use sortitoutsi.net really. It's what I use.

You can't argue with all that at such a low price though. Yeah you could download various bits and pieces from sortitoutsi but you can't really grumble with that price to have it all done for you.

Also, I haven't tried to install this yet but apparently this is a copy of Championship Manager 1997 (which along with CM94 and CM01/02 is one of the top three Championship/Football Manager games ever) thouroughly updated to this season.

http://rapidshare.com/files/100856755/CM9798.rar

I won't tell you where I found it. For shame.

Also, I haven't tried to install this yet but apparently this is a copy of Championship Manager 1997 (which along with CM94 and CM01/02 is one of the top three Championship/Football Manager games ever) thouroughly updated to this season.

It wouldn't work properly for me, Screen loaded up but the bloody mouse wouldn't work. Probably something to do with DOS games and WinXp. Loaded it up ok on my mates PC though, was superb seeing old school Champ Man again but with new data, its really upto date. Southend had Barnard and Walker etc, teams seemed to be in the right divisions, just the player values were more on the scale of 10 years ago. Had a quick look at Man Utd and Rooney / Ronaldo were 12m each.

Just to let you know I got the CD off e-bay must say it is very good I would urge others to get it or I can make some copys if anybody wants one free of course!

Just to let you know I got the CD off e-bay must say it is very good I would urge others to get it or I can make some copys if anybody wants one free of course!

As soon as you posted the link, I bought it the same day.

Very good CD, and well worth the £2.45 I paid.

Nice one, Beefy. That's productivity wrecked for another week!

Maybe slightly OT, but it IS worth at least downloading the updates from the makers website - the game flys along compared to the time it takes normally.

Must've done something with the way it processes the stuff.....

I don't know if anyone else has found this but about fifty of the background pictures are corrupted and cause the game to crash. I had to go into the database and manually remove them.

Bradley Wright-Phillips was one of them, if anyone wants to try on their game. After they've saved, obviously.

Beefy would you be able to upload your version without the buggy pictures? Or if not maybe list some of them that you can remember. Would greatly help, thanks.

EDIT: After downloading it I notice you need the original game. Never mind then.

Last edited:
I hope he's asked the people who worked hard to make the graphics it is ok to collate them and sell them to make himself a profit. A lot of them ask that they are not published elsewhere without permission, sometimes they ask that they do not get published in the open domain at all, and I doubt whether many of them would be happy to let someone else profit financially from their work!

Back