• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Players Tosh In Real Life But The Dogs Swingers On Football/Champ Manager

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
For the FM/CM players out there, lets have your offerings for players who have performed miracles for you in cyberspace but in real life have flattered to deceive.

I'll offer;

Ibrahima Bakayoko - This boy was the Pele of the modern era back in the day, 20's galore in his attributes, guaranteed 20+ goals a season averaging well over 8.5 in the ratings.

I dont need to blag on too much about his stint at Everton do I.

Who was the Jamie that Wignall signed and only really played a couple of 1st team games before getting a career ending injury? He was amazing on FM2005, mainstay of my midfield that went from Div3 to UEFA Cup in 5 seasons.

Matt Harrold is better on FM2008 than in reality too.

EDIT - Who's going to search a tag of "swingers" on here? :unsure:

Brian Reid. In the CM 00/01 game, playing as Southend. Signed for us from Morton, when I was in Div One, and got an average of 8.30. Man Utd came in and I swapped him for Cantona. The rest is history.

Oh, and Jose Torrealba. MOM for 3 seasons on the trot as Southend won the UEFA Cup two seasons on the trot.

Who was the Jamie that Wignall signed and only really played a couple of 1st team games before getting a career ending injury? He was amazing on FM2005, mainstay of my midfield that went from Div3 to UEFA Cup in 5 seasons.

Matt Harrold is better on FM2008 than in reality too.

EDIT - Who's going to search a tag of "swingers" on here? :unsure:

Fullarton. never had the pleasure of him in my side.

Warren Hackett used to be a fairly decent player in the Amiga version, could play pretty much all over the back 4 and in midfield. Another who averaged well over 8 and who's value shot up dramatically.

A few years back Tonton Zola Moukoko, Serge Makofo and Fabio Paim were all amazing players as youngsters. Still waiting for the first two to emerge but was surprised when Paim suddenly popped up at Chelsea.

Warren Hackett used to be a fairly decent player in the Amiga version, could play pretty much all over the back 4 and in midfield. Another who averaged well over 8 and who's value shot up dramatically.

In the Amiga versions, Darren Carter and Joey Beauchamp as AM RC's were quality. Later versions saw Dale Watkins, Micky Duff and a couple of Patrick Thistle players (Howie rings a bell) being essential lower league signings.

Foreigners, Always Kennedy Bakirlogou (Sp?), Kim Kallstrom (who turned out to be good!), Alex (Brazilian AM LC so presumably not the Chelsea player) were must buys for those shopping on a budget.

In the Amiga versions, Darren Carter and Joey Beauchamp as AM RC's were quality. Later versions saw Dale Watkins, Micky Duff and a couple of Patrick Thistle players (Howie rings a bell) being essential lower league signings.

Foreigners, Always Kennedy Bakirlogou (Sp?), Kim Kallstrom (who turned out to be good!), Alex (Brazilian AM LC so presumably not the Chelsea player) were must buys for those shopping on a budget.

good call on Beauchamp and Carter

Couldn't you get Oleg Salenko on the cheap as well?

Seem to recall on the Amiga version if you signed a foreign player they pretty much turned out to be tosh only averaging a high 6 or low 7 a game.

I signed Salenko and whilst my other strikers would bang in goals for fun he somewhat struggled.

Also used to like the fact if you were a prem club and one of your players was perfoming out of their skin, end of the season you'd lose them to a european move. I recall losing Paul Stewart and Nigel Clough to Marseille.

How times have changed eh and no player wants to move abroard now.

Seem to recall on the Amiga version if you signed a foreign player they pretty much turned out to be tosh only averaging a high 6 or low 7 a game.

I signed Salenko and whilst my other strikers would bang in goals for fun he somewhat struggled.

Also used to like the fact if you were a prem club and one of your players was perfoming out of their skin, end of the season you'd lose them to a european move. I recall losing Paul Stewart and Nigel Clough to Marseille.

How times have changed eh and no player wants to move abroard now.

I remember losing Alan Moore to Milan one year and bought him back a few seasos later. Shearer would always go abroad, Fowler quite regularly too.

QUOTE]

I would call this the Allessandro Melli problem. He was one of the few Italians you could buy, and had good stats, but never performed!

QUOTE]

I would call this the Allessandro Melli problem. He was one of the few Italians you could buy, and had good stats, but never performed!

I think because of the ''coup'' of signing one of these foreign players, you'd persevere with playing them despite them hampering your teams progress.

Salenko had a good run in my side and despite us sitting top of the league he'd muster a strike rate of a goal every 4 or 5 games, even sticking him on penalty duty didnt help his rate much.

I had a game on CM back when we had David Lee, I played him off of a lone striker and he scored 48 goals in the League, 62 goals in all competitions.

Marek Szmid was a decent player on FM/CM but pants at Southend.

Flahavan was massively over-rated on the more recent FM games, even forcing his way into the England squad.

Foreigners, Always Kennedy Bakirlogou (Sp?), Kim Kallstrom (who turned out to be good!)

Just raid Djurgarden, I love Kim Kallstrom in FM and Andreas Isaksson who was at Man City last I heard.

Marek Szmid was a god on CM00/01 (or was it 01/02?) just because he had 20 for passing but was listed as a right back...

Back