• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

enfieldblue

Manager
funny thing at work. doing training on this new computer thingy and the trainer spotted my southend mug. turns out that she's the mum of shamir mullings, a striker in the youth team - small world what??? is there some kudos in knowing footballer's mums, like knowing the milkman who delivered milk next door to someone who met etc etc:smile:

I work with Jack Cork's (Southampton player) who knows the old Chelsea lads at our place, Granty and Sawyer from when Jack was in the youth team with them. Has some good stories about when they used to play for Chelsea youth team together and she loves talking about football which is great.

funny thing at work. doing training on this new computer thingy and the trainer spotted my southend mug. turns out that she's the mum of shamir mullings, a striker in the youth team - small world what??? is there some kudos in knowing footballer's mums, like knowing the milkman who delivered milk next door to someone who met etc etc:smile:

Knowing a few of the youngsters in the CofE and Shadow Squads, I'm greatly looking forward to the day when, as full blown 1st team players, I can say that I taught them at Pre-school, or worked with them in school! Know the mums of most of them as a result.

I recently met Simon Royce's mum. A very nice lady, told her what a great keeper he was at Southend (well I think so).

Funny enough I thought she said he was goalkeeping coach at Gillingham, but Wiki says he is now coaching at Brentford.

My mum operated on the nan of a footballer, who apparently is 'a naughty boy'. When my mum asked who he was, she said 'John Terry, have you heard of him!?'

True story, from about 6 years ago

I sat behind Peter Clarkes mum and dad a few years back away at Swansea - he spent the whole game slagging off Barrett and Gower!!:smile:

Sat behind Mrs Flahavan at a few away games.

She is bang tidy!

Smurfette_old.jpg

Back