• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

brigadista

Youth Team
....and don't like singing "stevie tilson's blue & white army".

Those riding high on the back of sturrock mania after a great result friday and another [win] tonight, I recall the song sheffield wednesday fans used to sing when sturrock was their boss, and as I'm always in favour of an atmosphere, rather than a south/east/west full of cardboard cut outs, thought it may be rather apt to remind you of it.....

Tto the tune of the west ham song in praise of "Paolo [the facist] DICKanio":-

"WHO NEEDS MOURINHO???? WE'VE GOT PAUL STURROCKO!!!!!!"

maybe worth belting that one out after "stevie tilson's blue & white army" just to please all posters on the zone and the other 90% of southend fans who don't ever visit here!

regards from the picket line

Last edited:
just to please all posters on the zone and the other 90% of southend fans who don't ever visit here!

regards from the picket line

This bit always bugs me...we have over 2500 members of which at this moment in time over 1500 are active...we also have several guests a day which convert into full membership usually within a week..Most people that visit the Zone have friends, family and mates that maybe are not at all the games or maybe who never come on here but discuss things between them that are put on here..but to say 90% of fans do not come on here or pass on the discussions that take place on these forums is quite frankly ridiculous.

im confussed the tital suggest another "Tilson is our god and i dont link sturruck/martin and Tilson this and Tilson that" but instead its about a song for sturruck..... maybe a new tital of Who needs Mourinho We Have Sturruck would be best

Not that anyone ever over-reacts on here, ever, but has anyone really seen any signs of Sturrock mania? Support for a new incoming manager who isn't guilty of anything that happened previously, perhaps. But seriously, Sturrock mania!? Really!?

Not that anyone ever over-reacts on here, ever, but has anyone really seen any signs of Sturrock mania? Support for a new incoming manager who isn't guilty of anything that happened previously, perhaps. But seriously, Sturrock mania!? Really!?

I don't normally find myself sticking up for Brigadista but I don't think he really meant Sturrock mania to be taken absolutely literally - I read it as a fairly light-hearted reference to the feelgood factor of a couple of good results and possibly some general growing confidence in the new manager?

Last edited:
What's the point of this thread?

I read it as a salient reminder that if by some chance things turn out okay and the good times are ahead, we should never forget how certain people behaved during the bad times ..... not that I would anyway.

I don't normally find myself sticking up for Brigadista but I don't think he really meant Sturrock mania to be taken absolutely literally - I read it as a fairly light-hearted reference to the feelgood factor of a couple of good results and possibly some general growing confidence in the new manager?

I think I may have over-reacted...

Don't forget it shouldn't be a pre-requisite of being a Southend supporter to be an ostrich, although there does seem to be an awful lot of burying heads in the sand around here lately...

To be fair you could throw that accusation at football fans in general not just Southend fans.

Don't forget it shouldn't be a pre-requisite of being a Southend supporter to be an ostrich, although there does seem to be an awful lot of burying heads in the sand around here lately...

I think there's definitely a perception from some that because not everyone is frothing at the mouth with incandescent rage, they must have their heads in the sand. I personally think it does a disservice to many intelligent people.

I think there's definitely a perception from some that because not everyone is frothing at the mouth with incandescent rage, they must have their heads in the sand. I personally think it does a disservice to many intelligent people.

Absolutely this^^^

Agreed.

God forbid we should get behind the team and for once be enjoying the football away from the issues on the pitch.

Weve all been through the mill the last twelve months and if being excited about the football for the first time in a long time is burying my head in the sand then so be it.

Back