• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For all those who went to Grimsby and Northampton

Just like to what a difference i thought there was between the two places.
Grimsby as a area seemed a bit of a sh*thole small houses either boarded up or broken windows.
Northampton was a nice area very welcoming nice area.
Grimsbys ground wasnt very nice not the best views, some terracing left in corner, no decent parking, policingand stewarding was a joke.
Sixfields was in a nice new area nice small ground lots of food oulets within distance lots of parking and the club shop was good.
The fans of grimsby were morons not all of them but alot northampton fans were generally nice had a few good conservations with some of them, a bit of banter but no trouble apart from a few tw*ts at the end giving it large.

Also the weather was a joke up grimsby it ****ed down windy and bloody cold yesterday was lovely
lots more things to mention but cant be bothered

I liked the area yesterday, been al three times this year and yesterday was the best, laying in sun drinking a beer before the game, quality. The atmosphere yesterday was terrefic aswell!

I thought it wasn't just Northampton's stadium which was soulless.

[No offence intended to any Cobblers fans - its not as if Southend is without its faults]

However I think Northampton are one of the nicer clubs in the division, their fans are decent and friendly, they try and play proper football and between both sets of fans there was for once a decent atmsophere.

Yep - Scunny is a soulless ground as well as Chester. They all look the same. Ours is unique! I like Wycombe's as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chalkwell blue @ May 16 2005,17:13)]Just like to what a difference i thought there was between the two places.
Grimsby as a area seemed a bit of a sh*thole small houses either boarded up or broken windows.
Grimsbys ground wasnt very nice not the best views, some terracing left in corner, no decent parking, policingand stewarding was a joke.
Sixfields was in a nice new area nice small ground lots of food oulets within distance lots of parking and the club shop was good.
The fans of grimsby were morons not all of them but alot northampton fans were generally nice had a few good conservations with some of them, a bit of banter but no trouble apart from a few tw*ts at the end giving it large.

Also the weather was a joke up grimsby it ****ed down windy and bloody cold yesterday was lovely
well, the two fans i had to walk all the way to the station with wouldnt agree.. probably worst walk of our lives, and thanks to the northampton fans who took me and my fellow buddies in.. they know who they are if they read this!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 16 2005,18:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chalkwell blue @ May 16 2005,17:13)]Just like to what a difference i thought there was between the two places.

well, the two fans i had to walk all the way to the station with wouldnt agree.. probably worst walk of our lives, and thanks to the northampton fans who took me and my fellow buddies in.. they know who they are if they read this!
Que?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ May 16 2005,18:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 16 2005,18:11)]
[b said:

Que?
long story.. very long, but the northants fans who saw us running at break neck speed bloody well helped us..

I agree Chalkwell blue, I've been to Northampton 3 times now and it's a very nice club. The coaches got there early yesterday so I was just wandering around in the sun and there was no hostility at all. Nice fans and nice people who work there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 16 2005,18:29)]and yet I'd rather have a stadium like Grimsby's than Northampton's- soulless, out of town and lego-like
Agreed. Soon you'll never know where you are because all the stadiums will look the same. Dull, lifeless, soulless ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 16 2005,21:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 16 2005,18:29)]and yet I'd rather have a stadium like Grimsby's than Northampton's- soulless, out of town and lego-like
Agreed. Soon you'll never know where you are because all the stadiums will look the same. Dull, lifeless, soulless ...

WS
Football's entering a new era.

I doubt anyone ever thought Liverpool would leave Anfield. Why would they have to?

Football's become big business and if Liverpool and Arsenal want to be on a level playing field with Glazer Utd and Chelski, they have to increase the finances. Same effect seems to be rippling down the leagues. No surprise that Northampton consistently have money to spend when they attract very respectable attendances in a ground that is much cheaper to maintain than most rivals, surely including ourselves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 16 2005,22:55)]
[b said:

WS
Well, I don't agree. I wouldn't want either. You should have been sitting where we were at GRIMsby, at the back of the stand. Terrible view... dark and dingy. I ended up watching the match from the stairs.

mad.gif

Definately preferred Northampton. Their ground wasn't the greatest but the area was nice, their fans friendly and the atmosphere was great without any hostility.

Grimsby was the complete opposite. Crap ground, but also nasty fans, run-down and tatty surroundings, and all the atmosphere was created by us Southend fans.

That's how football should be. sh*t terrace, sh*t view, sh*t food, sh*t weather, watching your team get stuffed in some nasty, run down Northern sh*thole.

Prefer grounds like Grimsby than a ground like Oxford, Darlo or Northamption. At least the older grounds feel like a half decent atmosphere and have a sense of history about them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ May 17 2005,12:25)]That's how football should be. sh*t terrace, sh*t view, sh*t food, sh*t weather, watching your team get stuffed in some nasty, run down Northern sh*thole.
If they charged the same as they did in the 80's, I'd accept 80's standards.

One thing that got me about Northampton was the swearing from the Northampton Youth Team player(?!).

Was it Napster that complained about it and if so what happened in the end?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 17 2005,11:38)]One thing that got me about Northampton was the swearing from the Northampton Youth Team player(?!).

Was it Napster that complained about it and if so what happened in the end?
dont even know what you're talking about?

ps i didnt go

Who was it that complained then? I recoignised the fella but dunno who he is.

complaining about swearing at football..?? fk me people will be complaining about smoking next!

Back