• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question For FM 09 fans - club colours

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Staff member
I know that this is probably a fairly trivial detail for most of you FM players, but I'm having a little debate right now with my Head Researcher.

Most of you will know that the title bar that displays your name or your teams name in game is in the club's home colours. Based on our home shirt this year, and the fact that I think that sky blue is the secondary colour on it, I changed our club colours in the game to navy blue ad sky blue. That meant that the title bar became navy blue with sky blue writing on it.

My Head Researcher then changed it, saying that although sky blue is the second most prominent colour on the home shirt, he still sees navy and white as our traditional home colours and our OS is still navy and white, so he changed the colours back to that over my head.

I'm trying to convince him to change it back, but thought I'd ask you guys what it should be. He thinks that navy and white would be more accepted by Southend fans who play the game, so I thought I'd ask some of you first hand. Navy and white title bars, or navy and sky blue?

Navy & Sky - I usually edit it anyway!
Getting the yellow 3rd kit as an option for the patches is more of a key issue!!!

The title bar has always felt a bit wrong to me since it was changed from Blue and Yellow......

The title bar has always felt a bit wrong to me since it was changed from Blue and Yellow......

Ha! Yes, well hopefully I can ease some of that pain by getting a yellow and blue title bar for the third kit into a patch!

Rich, navy and sky is what I think, but I'm having a hard time convincing my HR!

Navy and Sky definitely. :clap:

I was going to be mega cheeky and point out there are some errors with the youths, but I'll probably use the editor to change them myself anyway. ;) Good to see all the kids, well most of them, have their official photos with them. Good work!

Navy and Sky definitely. :clap:

I was going to be mega cheeky and point out there are some errors with the youths, but I'll probably use the editor to change them myself anyway. ;) Good to see all the kids, well most of them, have their official photos with them. Good work!

What's up with the youths mate?

Ha! Yes, well hopefully I can ease some of that pain by getting a yellow and blue title bar for the third kit into a patch!

Rich, navy and sky is what I think, but I'm having a hard time convincing my HR!

Now that would be tremendous :clap:

Do agree with the other posts, Navy and Sky is the way forward.

Get on it James!

What's up with the youths mate?

A couple of stupid little things like heights, but a few players have been given the wrong positions, well, they have on my demo load up anyway.

Another unrealistic problem is that a day after starting someone actually out of the blue offered me money for Foran. I mean, come on that can't be right. :DI jest.

A couple of stupid little things like heights, but a few players have been given the wrong positions, well, they have on my demo load up anyway.

Another unrealistic problem is that a day after starting someone actually out of the blue offered me money for Foran. I mean, come on that can't be right. :DI jest.

Let me know what they are mate, and I'll get on it. Admittedly, I'm not savvy on some of this year's new youth intake. I'm just pleased to have gotten most of them in there. Half of the youth team haven't been in the game in some of the earlier versions!

Ha at Foran. To be fair, compare him on the game now to how he looked in the unpatched version of last year's game. He's taken a right battering to his attributes :)

Let me know what they are mate, and I'll get on it. Admittedly, I'm not savvy on some of this year's new youth intake. I'm just pleased to have gotten most of them in there. Half of the youth team haven't been in the game in some of the earlier versions!

Ha at Foran. To be fair, compare him on the game now to how he looked in the unpatched version of last year's game. He's taken a right battering to his attributes :)

I'll PM you.

Yeah it's good we've got most of the youths on there from the start this year, so well done on that. I always have to end up creating them myself which takes time! As I said, it's great to have their pics on there as well.

Yeah I've noticed he has, which is what it should be like! He was over rated on previous versions, as per life I suppose!

I would stick to the traditional Dark blue & white! Sky blue was Ron Martin's way of ignoring Yellow!

Back