• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For sale

MrB

Life President
Just checking how my WK's price compares against others on the list and came across this chap:

Terry Clegg (299163)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, low
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: Team X-stream
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 278,535
Wages: £35,501 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: remarkable
Batting: superb Concentration: elite
Bowling: competent Consistency: elite
Fielding: remarkable

Anyone interested?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Aug. 22 2006,12:42)]Just checking how my WK's price compares against others on the list and came across this chap:

Terry Clegg (299163)  
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, low
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: Team X-stream
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 278,535  
Wages: £35,501 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: remarkable
Batting: superb Concentration: elite
Bowling: competent Consistency: elite
Fielding: remarkable

Anyone interested?  
laugh.gif
Nah, wouldn't get a game in my side
laugh.gif

35k a week wages, that's insane

Is he up for sale???

Is that the highest BTR?

Here's me getting excited baout my allrounder nearing 40K BTR.

sad.gif

Just signed this player for £510,000 which I dont think is too bad in today's transfer market - the abysmal stamina puts so many people off.

Elton Allen (845336)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.

Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 10,468
Wages: £1,834 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: feeble
Fielding: respectable

Halves my bank balance but games, and the cup, will soon bring that back to nearly 1 million again.

There's a guy with 500k but I believe his team is now a bot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ Aug. 22 2006,22:44)]Just signed this player for £510,000 which I dont think is too bad in today's transfer market - the abysmal stamina puts so many people off.

Elton Allen (845336)  

Halves my bank balance but games, and the cup, will soon bring that back to nearly 1 million again.

Jesus. When i see them prices, i wonder what id get for this fella...

4. Kenny Sneath - 19 yo, BT Rating=17,300
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

But how would i replace him....

Just checked.. about £2mil

He is now for sale.

3.25mil if anyone is interested. If i dont sell him for that, im not bothered, if i do, ill buy an 18yo who is strong or superb, and train till end of season, by which point he should be quality again, and ill have made about £1.25 million.

I have a very similar player to that who I was also tempted to put on the market for a very high price, but dont think I'll bother.

Needed that bowler because I dont intend on playing my all-rounder trainee much next season as his fitness will be low, even though it means my number 7 batsman is feeble.

Im not to fussed if he goes.

I play him at number 4 anyway, and due to the fact ill be winning most games by 8 or 9 wickets this season, i souldnt think he'd have been called upon too much anyhow, so ill have all season to replace him with a shrewd purchase... hopefully the transfer market will calm down too.

Its a wierd thing that i play him at 4, as bats 2 and 3 arent as good as him, but i just dont like the idea of having him at the top of the order..... like KP... he's very aggressive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Aug. 22 2006,23:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ Aug. 22 2006,22:44)]Just signed this player for £510,000 which I dont think is too bad in today's transfer market - the abysmal stamina puts so many people off.

Elton Allen (845336)  

Jesus. When i see them prices, i wonder what id get for this fella...

4. Kenny Sneath - 19 yo, BT Rating=17,300  
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful    

But how would i replace him....

Just checked.. about £2mil
Nice player, but is his BT rating is a bit low for a quality?

I've only one player who is quality or above, but I've a fair few who are proficient/strong with a similar rating. I think they must have better secondaries.

As for Elton Allen, I'm keeping well clear of abysmal stamina. It will take a season and a half of training to get abysmal stamina players up to the sort of level of stamina I'd be after - that is around the equivalent of 2 levels of batting and 2 levels of concentration. I'd be interested to see how he fares with his abysmal stamina though.

to be fair he only popped to quality last week. He's competant in stamina and concentration. The only problem really with him is that he drops a few catches. I wouldnt pay 3.25mil for him...hopefully some mug will!

He'll be getting 1 or 2 stamina nets, hoping he can pop to woeful by the season starts. Mediocre is my general minimum aim for stamina and he's the only player I have less than that.

What standard of stamina you looking at? I perhaps under-estimate it a bit, but I'd rather pay 500k for this guy than 1.5 million for someone with competent stamina. Even so, I dont expect promotion this season so his current stamina doesnt bother me too much.

I'm aiming for at least respectable stamina in all my players with a long term future at the club, with my most important players having proficient or higher. When I'm buying I'm generally looking at a minimum stamina of competent (eg just 4 or 5 weeks stamina training to get them up to speed), although I might be tempted by a mediocre they were particularly good value and were at least quality in their primary or were a 17yo youth pull.

With secondaries (eg concentration for batsman, consistency for bowlers), I'd look for a secondary that was at least within a level or two of the primary, or proficient - whatever was lower.

The way the youth pulls are set up with ITS, these levels should be realistic if people are putting maximum into batting and concentration with remainder on stamina (or bowling/consistency for bowlers). Not many people are wanting to sell players who meet these criteria, unless it is at the very top end of the market and they need to cash in on them, but I'm happy to wait until the occasional player comes along whether it is on the transfer market or from a youth pull. The key for me is not whether they will strengthen my team now, but whether they will still be strengthening my team in 2 or 3 seasons time having been trained on just one net a week during that time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 23 2006,14:23)]With secondaries (eg concentration for batsman, consistency for bowlers), I'd look for a secondary that was at least within a level or two of the primary, or proficient - whatever was lower.

The way the youth pulls are set up with ITS, these levels should be realistic if people are putting maximum into batting and concentration with remainder on stamina (or bowling/consistency for bowlers). Not many people are wanting to sell players who meet these criteria, unless it is at the very top end of the market and they need to cash in on them, but I'm happy to wait until the occasional player comes along whether it is on the transfer market or from a youth pull. The key for me is not whether they will strengthen my team now, but whether they will still be strengthening my team in 2 or 3 seasons time having been trained on just one net a week during that time.
When you say 1 net a week, I assume that is one net per discipline i.e 1x batting, 1 x fielding, 1 x stamina etc otherwise all your trainees will have no fielding skills whatsoever....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Aug. 23 2006,14:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 23 2006,14:23)]With secondaries (eg concentration for batsman, consistency for bowlers), I'd look for a secondary that was at least within a level or two of the primary, or proficient - whatever was lower.

When you say 1 net a week, I assume that is one net per discipline i.e 1x batting, 1 x fielding, 1  x stamina etc otherwise all your trainees will have no fielding skills whatsoever....
No, if its a batsman I want to only have to give him one net a week in batting.

I'm not overly concerned with fielding at the moment.

As the game develops, I'll probably cut down on the number of trainees and start using fielding nets more to develop the consistency and concentration of the older players, but for the time being I don't think you get that much out of fielding nets and the fitness hit on having two nets makes it even less attractive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 24 2006,11:57)]Friendly Sunday anyone?
Ive got Toddy this Sunday, but pencil me in for next Sunday if you like.

I'll get Nick to challenge you Kev, don't think he's got a friendly yet.

Back