• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
For the first time in 21 years of going to see blues i have reached the point where i am not actually bothered whether i actually attend or not.

Last Friday was the first home match i have missed for about 5 seasons as my girlfriend had a leaving do.

The sad thing is that i wasn't even bothered. I have previously left hospitals early pulled sickies and pawned items and beg borrowed and stole to get to see blues , but for the first time in my life i just feel nothing.

I seriously begrudge paying out £21 to watch us play aimless football and get beat by no mark teams who bring practically zero fans to watch us at the hall.

I will always have blues in my heart and would never dream of watching anyone else , but i just wondered if anyone else feels the same?

Nope......I literally can not help myself. Seen us lose to no mark teams with naff all support for the last thirty years. Its what makes the good years so special. To follow is to love. Chin up x x

Despite the form enjoying the season so far personally. Even dragging my kids to the Friday games where they try not to fall asleep :smile:

Same here as Tommy.

It was only in February that I was so excited about our first ever trip to a Wembley cup final. That excitement lasted most of March.

Now I'm struggling to muster up the enthusiasm to cheer when we score.

Haven't been this season, and I don't really foresee that changing any time soon. I stopped going seriously after our play-off defeat to Crewe as Roots Hall had become a quite poisonous atmosphere at times, and I prioritised away games instead. Moving out of the area and filling my Saturdays elsewhere has no doubt impacted that as well, but I can honestly say resisting the "lure" of Roots Hall has never been easier.

I have yet to see us this season, have sat back listened to and read all the good (first 3 games) and the bad (everything after the first 3) and even though it's not looking or sounding like a great time I cannot wait for Saturday. I love watching my team and even after the long coach trip to Hull to watch us lose 4-0 in the championship nothing will ever put me off watching Southend.

Same as ESB. My last game apart from Wembley, was the PO defeat to Crewe.

And I used to go to every home game and 50% of the aways.

Don't miss it and wont be back until Ronnie departs.

Clearly I am not alone either. Very sad.

Been twice this season against Morecambe and Scunny wish I never bothered.Ron has killed the club inside out.

Certainly not enjoying it very much anymore and am choosing to work a lot of Saturdays. 8 wins in the last 28 home games probably isn't helping but the general feeling that we're dying a slow death under Ron means there is literally no way to be optimistic about the future. About 50 per cent of my mates who were regulars a few seasons ago have stopped going for one reason or another.

Used to love going to matches, even in the relegation season from League 1 there was still that bit of enthusiasm about going. Obviously going to Uni for a year and having a long distance relationship meant that for the next 2 years I couldn't attend, but even when I did get down to the hall it didn't feel the same.

I did enjoy going to Wycombe away though and will be trying to go to more local away games, but there aren't many.

Agree. I have my son on Saturdays and until he's old enough to come with I doubt I'll get to a Saturday game at the hall until then. Friday night games are all well and good but to be honest I'd rather spend 20quid on going out with my mates and having a few beers. Will always love you southend but have better things to do and better things to spend my money on.

Sad too see many not bothered one way or another, but can understand.
Been to all home games so far, but know if work calls which i'll choose!
Was only thinking recently how many old faces no longer attend.
It's sad,as Smithy has said,until changes, fans even die hards will find other things to do.

For the first time in 21 years of going to see blues i have reached the point where i am not actually bothered whether i actually attend or not.

Last Friday was the first home match i have missed for about 5 seasons as my girlfriend had a leaving do.

The sad thing is that i wasn't even bothered. I have previously left hospitals early pulled sickies and pawned items and beg borrowed and stole to get to see blues , but for the first time in my life i just feel nothing.

I seriously begrudge paying out £21 to watch us play aimless football and get beat by no mark teams who bring practically zero fans to watch us at the hall.

I will always have blues in my heart and would never dream of watching anyone else , but i just wondered if anyone else feels the same?

Same here, Ron Martin has lost me. Can't blame Brown and i now don't care whether i go or not. Season not renewed thank god and can now pick and choose when to go which is getting less and less!

I'm the same as the original poster. I will go every now and again , usually to catch up with my dad but if anything else is on I'm happy to give the game a miss. Is sad but I don't know if the lack of enthusiasm is due to the running of the club or just other things in life being more important....

it's around £65 to £70 for me every home game, so if we are not providing VFM it reqires some commitment to still turn u from deepest Suffolk

not got in into the season yet - only been twice, the Plymouth game enthused me but what I've heard about since has put me off.

thought about the blues lounge deal for the JPT as its not bad value, but thought again after rading reports on here of last two matches so won't bother

at the moment there are other demands on my money and time and nothing coming out of RH at present inspires me to go

but that's happened before - I reckon Luggy's worst was worse than Brown's - and i always boomerang back

took the oppo to get a new ground in at Reading the other week with some Leeds fan mates - not the best of games but he sheer numbers they ook and the volume of their support made it a good event and a pleasing alternative to RH at pesent

anyway, am sure my mood will change and will be looking forward to coming back soon, but not just yet, I'd rather be gardening, going out with the family or just having a moan about it all with the rest of you on SZ!

UTB

Nope......I literally can not help myself. Seen us lose to no mark teams with naff all support for the last thirty years. Its what makes the good years so special. To follow is to love. Chin up x x

With you on this,it's Shrimpers all the way through thick or thin.UTB

The club carries too much baggage thanks to Ron,We have decent crowds yet cannot compete with half the clubs in this division,Add off field situations and its all rather tedious,Will FF ever be started who really cares ..I Don't .Taxman always unpaid whilst Ron drives around in his super car .

Shame bloody shame.

Ithink its the inevitably of seasons under Martin ownership, that drags people down, there seems no light at the end of his financial tunnel, as the team stumble from season to season, with this manager and that manager, all of them handicapped by Rons dept. If I was living in Southend though, I most likely would still turn up every home game, its a bit sad really.

Funny, living in south-west France one has the impression that the vast majority of posters on here go regularly, at least to virtually all the home games. Looks like this may be a mistaken impression. When I think rather enviously, on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon, of all those lucky enough to make the trip to Roots Hall, whilst I'm stuck in front of my computer with BP...........am I deluding myself?
I imagine, that if I lived locally, I would be like my mate Roger and friends, who automatically renew their season ticket every season, come what may. Perhaps, if I was obliged to watch what was served up each home game I would question this kind of blind loyalty and abstain as I did, for a few years, in my youth, yet, I have my doubts. As you get older you get more stuck in your ways and I would imagine that, whatever the circumstances, I would continue my attendance. The ritual of all that is entailed in 'going to the match' would be too much of a wrench to abandon......rather like giving up alcohol!

Don't go anymore but still sweat, fret and pace the room on match days, watching 'Final Score'. It must be love. COYBB

Back