• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Its becoming clear that Brown won't walk.

What I am not clear on despite all the angst and repeated 'come on Ron pull the trigger' etc can we actually afford to sack him....? How long has his contract to run...? How much (approximately) would it cost not only to pay him off (and any associated staff) but also there is the incoming Manager's salary. We won't attract quality paying peanuts.

Any thoughts.....?

Somewhere on social media, and a post on here somewhere, the pay-off question was posed to Chris Phillips. It was along the lines of 'Would it would cost too much', CP replied 'No'. Don't know if that helps a bit.

A lot of posters on the Zone have no religious beliefs at all, including, I think, ORM. Quite amusing that this thread is 5 pages long and called what it is without there being a demand to change the title to 'For the love of Atheism/agnostics are us etc.

A lot of posters on the Zone have no religious beliefs at all, including, I think, ORM. Quite amusing that this thread is 5 pages long and called what it is without there being a demand to change the title to 'For the love of Atheism/agnostics are us etc.

ORM is clearly referring to Adam Barrett, who would be an obvious contender for caretaker manager (and presumably within budget).

Its becoming clear that Brown won't walk.

What I am not clear on despite all the angst and repeated 'come on Ron pull the trigger' etc can we actually afford to sack him....? How long has his contract to run...? How much (approximately) would it cost not only to pay him off (and any associated staff) but also there is the incoming Manager's salary. We won't attract quality paying peanuts.

Any thoughts.....?

Bottom line is would it cost us more to sack Brown & Horton, than what relegation would cost the club?. Bearing in mind no guarantee of coming straight back up?.

I'm all for changing the title. Please amend to For the love of Kevin Maher

I'm all for changing the title. Please amend to For the love of Kevin Maher

Too late now mate, the best I could have done was 'For the love of Adam Barrett, Legend', but once the thread past 50 posts God was set in stone.

Apart from costing the club a wage, and costing the club (to stay in that vey nice hotel) money that people who buy tickets/season provide, what does Horton do?

Apart from costing the club a wage, and costing the club (to stay in that vey nice hotel) money that people who buy tickets/season provide, what does Horton do?
He gets Phil's tea and keeps him company when he's serving his monthly touchline ban.

Maybe, maybe not....:winking:

I've just discovered that the name 'Cricko' or 'Krickos' is a derivation of the word God amongst the peoples of the far eastern islands. I'm not surprised at this.

Back