• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Ron, pull the trigger now. We have a squad good enough to hold its own. We have a manager that for the best part of 9 months has got nothing consistently decent out of them. One game doesn't tell the truth, patterns don't lie. The referee, injuries, bad luck. Every team faces this. Phil's time is up. Thanks for the promotion Phil but football is progressive and we are in decline. If Bruce and Warnock can get jobs I'm sure you will.

I agree. Was so depressed watching it yesterday. First half was abysmal. We are in danger from any set piece and up the other end keep lumping high balls into the area with no one capable of winning a header. On this note perhaps we should wip the ball in with more venom and lower instead of lofting it as it is easy for decenders to deal with it. Second half was better as we looked more of a threat, without actually looking like scoring. Mooney at best a sub and Ranger and Cox must be starting pair up front. Desperately need a man in midfield who can create and take people on.
More importantly we need a new Manager NOW before it is too late. The morale of both Club and Fans must be rock bottom andd it will take time to build it up again.
Will always support the boys, as I have since 1974, through good times and bad, but cannot remember ever feeling this low.

Ron, pull the trigger now. We have a squad good enough to hold its own. We have a manager that for the best part of 9 months has got nothing consistently decent out of them. One game doesn't tell the truth, patterns don't lie. The referee, injuries, bad luck. Every team faces this. Phil's time is up. Thanks for the promotion Phil but football is progressive and we are in decline. If Bruce and Warnock can get jobs I'm sure you will.

Agree with everything you've written however I'd take Bruce or Warnock over Brown any day of the week. Warnock in particular seems to do a great job everywhere he goes.

This. Just this. Sod off Phil for the love of all that's holy. You just don't have it in you (and whatever it is 'in his eyes' Ron, it's not a clue about anything useful or any passion for Southend).

Three out of the next four league games are away from home. A poor return from them and I would hope and expect RM to finally act decisively.

Two out of the next four are away, not three.

The two home games are against sides in our half of the table and at home, we haven't lost in five matches, winning four of them.

Granted, away we are getting spanked and yesterday sounds dreadful.

Dear Ron, please act as we are becoming a laughing stock.

A guy at work said to me the other day "You are a fan of Southend Nil, aren't you ?"

Hurt.

I heard someone say recently that RM won't sack Brown because he wants us to get relegated. Sounds ridiculous, but I am starting to wonder.

I heard someone say recently that RM won't sack Brown because he wants us to get relegated. Sounds ridiculous, but I am starting to wonder.

That is ridiculous. You don't bring in Cox, Ranger and Ferdinand if you aim for relegation. That's more like aiming for promotion, but the Manager can't do his job properly.

Absolutely not. Relegation would be enormously expensive and there is no way Ron can afford that.

Maybe we should do what the Spanish supporters do when they want a manager out. All start waving a white hanky.

If we get beat by chesterfield this Saturday then expect venom toward the management.

We have signed good players all that have played at a higher level, but with no clear plan on how to play them, what formation to play, and no thought on if the players we are signing fit into the system we currently have or want.

Lots of full backs (attacking ones), and lots of centre backs, which would indicate wing backs, but then the wrong sort of midfield players to play with wing backs. Also Cox and Ranger, would indicate 4-4-2, but we have no depth on the wing.

We have good players, the recruiting has been good, but it seems as if Brown is buying individuals, and not building a team.

Warnock is Manager of Cardiff, and Bruce is set to become Manager of Aston Villa.

Oh I know they are, I was just making the point that both would find it much easier to get jobs than Brown because of what they've achieved in the game. I was just responding to the "if Bruce and Warnock can get jobs I'm sure you will" quote. It made it sound as if neither should be worthy of a decent job in the game which in my opinion isn't the case, particularly Warnock.

Neither would ever consider an approach from Southend even if they were out of work.

We have signed good players all that have played at a higher level, but with no clear plan on how to play them, what formation to play, and no thought on if the players we are signing fit into the system we currently have or want.

Lots of full backs (attacking ones), and lots of centre backs, which would indicate wing backs, but then the wrong sort of midfield players to play with wing backs. Also Cox and Ranger, would indicate 4-4-2, but we have no depth on the wing.

We have good players, the recruiting has been good, but it seems as if Brown is buying individuals, and not building a team.

Absolutely spot on.

Brown has had so much time and yet he STILL doesn't know what his best 11 is or what the best system is to get the most out of his players. And as he clearly doesn't know, how can we expect the players to do their jobs without any sort of guidance. We are a total shambles at times, and yesterday at Rochdale I think we played 3 different systems during the match. It's like Brown's guessing. Yesterday's stats say it all really. We can't stop conceding goals and we don't look like scoring (1 shot on target). We DO have some decent players, but to me they look poor, because they look confused most of the time. Relegation isn't just a possibility at the moment, if we carry on like this it's a certainty.

Judge me when the window is shut. Then it was judge me when my injured players are fit. Those players are now fit and with no referee decisions to moan at yesterday his excuses are running out. 2016 has been an absolute shambles

Maybe we should do what the Spanish supporters do when they want a manager out. All start waving a white hanky.

If we get beat by chesterfield this Saturday then expect venom toward the management.

This has been said every game since Scunthorpe and it never happens. If Brown was going to go he would have by now. I've totally lost interest now and that's all down to PB

The question is, at the moment, are there 4 worse teams than us? We have got to find some consistency soon or it will be too late. I don't go to the away games but I had felt recently that the home performances were improving. Lets hope we can start putting in some good performances or we can look forward to the 'delights' of League 2 again.

Back