• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just imagine for a second if Ron walked in the office to find individual letters from everyone on Shrimperzone...

The pattern of results had been there all year and it follows the Phil Brown pattern of his managerial career.

Ron, pull the trigger and get us out of this mess before it's too late.

Its just strange now, im all for backing the manager from a owner, but not when it's clear it's not working.

If we can't pay him off, then Martin has ****ed the club for the 1000th time.

Few more games have passed and I wonder if the brown out vote is now higher than 65%?

There were some that said you can't add any results from last season into the stats. Well we don't need to as the stats for this season alone make woeful reading. It's got to the point where I am not enjoying posting on SZ and I'm finding myself going to SZ less and less. Before anyone (Rigsby) says anything, yes seeing me less is probably better for some but that's life

I'll be at the Chesterfield game, expecting fireworks....both on (hopefully) the pitch...and off (are we not just burying our heads in the sand here) ?

There were some that said you can't add any results from last season into the stats. Well we don't need to as the stats for this season alone make woeful reading. It's got to the point where I am not enjoying posting on SZ and I'm finding myself going to SZ less and less. Before anyone (Rigsby) says anything, yes seeing me less is probably better for some but that's life

Come on Dave I like your posts. You have always claimed results on the pitch have nothing to do with the manager. Well you did when we got promoted so the same must apply when we are struggling.

What's Ron's email, I think we should bombard him with emails of our thoughts on the manager.

In fairness, he's only got to log on here and read a dozen posts after an away defeat and he'll get the gist of what a fair percentage of people think.

Without a doubt, 'Southend United' read SZ and they will already know the views of those that post on here. Taking any notice is an entirely different matter.

I think it's not too late for Phil Brown to turn it around if he has any brains at all. It's mainly the away form, so first of all it's obvious to the rest of the world, play two up front. Ranger and Cox the preffered two after their fantastic Sheffield performance. Secondly, don't play Wordsworth and get more steel in the middle. Wordsworth is proving to be a home player. He gets over run away from home and keeps giving the ball away for some reason. He's O.K. at Roots Hall. It's like he can't play without the love of the crowd. Thirdly, go four at the back, so obviously 442. O'Neil is an enigma, if he starts a game he's poo, if he comes on as sub he's good. Best not to start him. McLaughlin needs consistency instilled in him.
If you read this Phil, there you go, I've given you the answers on a plate.

I'll be honest, I don't know where I stand on the whole thing now.

We have the players, without a doubt, but having backed PB more than some on here, I really can see where people are coming from. Especially those that travel to all the away games, as well.

I don't know why he doesn't just say that he is going to play one system "s*** or bust" utilizing the best two strikers at the club (Cox & Ranger) and the best four defenders (White, Barrett, Inniss/Ferdinand, Coker) and play without fear for a while.

The constant tweaking does nobody any good.

He is becoming the architect of his own downfall.

Blimey 'Seventies'. Identical synchronized posting there. It's like we are telepathic!

It's those crystal balls again!

They definitely do.

But how much of that actually makes it to Ron. Or is does it hit SK and go no farther because at the moment let's be honest he couldn't give two ***** about us. He is off to another club and couldn't care less who will be managing us.

To me his performance at this level since he left Hull has been abysmal. This seems to be a replica of his tenure at Preston in L1. I would welcome Kenny Jackett, but I can see him going to Shrewsbury. I would dread Graham Westley or Tony Mowbray. (only trying to show both ends of the spectrum).

However, I have a feeling whoever would come in should PB become history, we might have more continuity in team selection and a more visible plan A and even a plan B.

I'm getting fed up with hearing about this "clean sheet mentality" because as soon as the oppositon score it's a failure and now you can see the heads drop if we do ship a goal. Oh and with our powderpuff strike force [so far this season], at best we might secure a point in a nil nil. What about going out, trying to win games and scaring teams, because we dominate the play and pin them in their own half? We've done that so many times since I started following the club in '76. Now I just end up getting more and more depressed each game.

Only venting how I feel. Why do I feel this way? 'Cos the Blues are my club, like everyone else on here, not a passing interest, because I support a premiership team and they're an afterthought, because the Blues are not and mean so much more than any other club in my world. Seeing them like this hurts. Yes we've had down times before, but there just seems such a lack of passion at the moment.

Sorry all, but that's just how I'm feeling att.

UTB!

I've said before, fair play to PB if he turns it around, but sorry, I don't think he has the ability to do so.

It's Cox I feel sorry for. I've seeen him in training a few times and he's a deadly striker, scores for fun. He's also a very intelligent footballer with good control and balance. He's Championship class in my view, but can't get into the starting line up of a team near the bottom of League One. This striker needs to be fed to his feet. We couldn't be using him more wrongly if we tried. He would easily get you the 20 to 30 goals a season some ask for on here, if you feed him. Watch the difference when Ranger starts setting him up.

I don't know why he doesn't just say that he is going to play one system "s*** or bust" utilizing the best two strikers at the club (Cox & Ranger) and the best four defenders (White, Barrett, Inniss/Ferdinand, Coker) and play without fear for a while.

I've got my balls out again and predict a diamond system would work, in addition to the above.

Probably going with Atkinson at the base (although Thompson or even Ferdinand wouldn't be a dreadful call). The two either side would be Lenny and probably Demetriou, as he would link well with Cox and Ranger.

Wordy at the top of the diamond as a creator and he'd poach some goals from there.

This would leave out McL, McG and Fortune, but all would be good impact subs.

I've emailed my team to the chairman and am just awaiting his reply! :thumbsup:

It's Cox I feel sorry for. I've seeen him in training a few times and he's a deadly striker, scores for fun. He's also a very intelligent footballer with good control and balance. He's Championship class in my view, but can't get into the starting line up of a team near the bottom of League One. This striker needs to be fed to his feet. We couldn't be using him more wrongly if we tried. He would easily get you the 20 to 30 goals a season some ask for on here, if you feed him. Watch the difference when Ranger starts setting him up.

Spot on.

The guy is a yard ahead, thinking wise, than most in this league.

I know you're reading this, Coxy, so go get 'em!

I'm liking your thoughts Mr T. However, where it fails for the man that matters, is all your justification is attack based and about feeding strikers and scoring goals, absolutley no mention of "defence, clean sheet, setting a marker or stepping up to the plate", so it'll fall on deaf ears. :winking:

Last edited:
Back