• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question for the stattos

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
For Football Manager 2009 research purposes, does anybody know what these records are for SUFC? I've checked on the official site and the Robin Michel sufcdb site, but I can't find them.

Oldest player (not debutant)
Longest run without a win (includes cup)
Most games without conceding a goal
Most games without scoring a goal
Highest league goalscorer in one season

Any help would be appreciated. Sports Interactive are pressurising me to find out these records :(

are the stats not on last seasons fm?
surely they havent changed since then (apart from maybe oldest player)

are the stats not on last seasons fm?
surely they havent changed since then (apart from maybe oldest player)

No matey. A fair few of these records are 'new fields' only introduced this season, and some of the ones that should have been on last season's game weren't found by the previous researcher. Sports Interactive are on my case to find them out.

Ooooh, and Scriv, I don't know if you're responsible for this, but Sports Interactive said that they rely on clubs to send in player photos. I can't just nick them off the OS as they are copyright protected :)

Yeah tell them I have their email and they will have them all on Tuesday next week.

Are these two league only or with cups?

I'll go with the latter - cups included. The field usually says '(league only)' next to it if it doesn't include cups, but these two fields don't, so I'd include cups in them.

I thought Gooding was oldest player too, but Scriv thinks not. Gooding's last appearance for us was early in the 99/00 season I think.

Gooding was born 12th April 1959 and made his last appearance for us, I think, early in the 99-00 season, which would have made him 40.

According to Soccerbase, Mick Gooding's last game for us was on 11th September 1999. He was born on 12th April 1959 making him 40 years, five months and 29 days old at the time. Furlong will beat that this season, presumably.

According to Soccerbase, Mick Gooding's last game for us was on 11th September 1999. He was born on 12th April 1959 making him 40 years, five months and 29 days old at the time. Furlong will beat that this season, presumably.

Ah OK then. So yes, Furlong will surpass that. I know that Furlong overtook Gooding as oldest ever debutant. I just wasn't definitely sure that it was between these two for oldest player at any time - I thought that there might have been an older player earlier in the 20th century, as SUFCDB proclaims Gooding as oldest debutant, but not oldest player.

And as I am committed to playing for Southend United , there must be a fair chance that so will I :)

how did u go about getting this job then James!? are you the one that makes sure our team is good enough to get auto promotion on the game?

how did u go about getting this job then James!? are you the one that makes sure our team is good enough to get auto promotion on the game?

Indeed I am mate, found out about the job on the SI community forums, and I think the former researcher advertised the post on here too, just as he was stepping down!

My slight OCD means that attention to detail isn't being spared. I think I'm doing well to make our team a good one, whilst also being realistic.

According to a little bit of research done by the Head English Clubs Researcher, Southend have come in at 10th in L1 for average Current Ability ratings. I think that I've been realistic, so i blame that on researchers of other clubs who I think have been too generous/biased with their ratings. Brighton, Millwall, Oldham, Swindon, Tranmere and Col U (3rd!) are ahead of Southend on average rating, and I've made my feelings known about that. Having Weeds, Leicester, Huddersfield, Scunthorpe and Carlisle ahead of us I can just about deal with.

at least with an OCD we wont have Zoltan Liptak as a midfielder next year! you reckon they will tone down the other teams players? And give us a cheeky heads up, who's got the highest potential ability!? :-)

Back