• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parking is very limited on the streets around Layer Road these days, and dont be tempted to park where you shouldnt, the local traffic wardens always do the rounds while the game is on and nick loads of unfortunate souls just trying to watch a football game.
If you cant park on the road head for the Abbey Fields where there is parking for 1000 plus cars and its free!
For those that dont know where it is, directions from the stadium is as follows.
Drive past the ground heading towards the town centre and the Drury pub(as you face the ground you are driving towards the right)
At the roundabout in front of the Drury turn right onto Butt Road, then take the next right turn and then the next left.
You will see a sign saying this road is closed but this is only if you want to go all the way through it, ignore that sign drive in and the Abbey Fields are on your right.
There will be stewards and probably police in attendance for this game, so there should not be any trouble.
If you want to go to a pub, walk back onto Butt Road and turn right towards the town centre, and after 200-300 yards you will find the Dragoon that normally entertains both home and away fans, I dont know if this will be the case with the Drury, it may be home fans only or even closed altogether.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Mar. 04 2006,10:03)]That's really useful for me - thanks a lot.
No problems mate, I know what its like to drive to another town and either find parking difficult, or some local t%$&*r trys to direct you to a very dodgy area
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ Mar. 04 2006,10:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Mar. 04 2006,10:03)]That's really useful for me - thanks a lot.
No problems mate, I know what its like to drive to another town and either find parking difficult, or some local t%$&*r trys to direct you to a very dodgy area  
mad.gif
I thought I saw your car in York Road last August...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Mar. 04 2006,10:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col******r and proud! @ Mar. 04 2006,10:18)]
[b said:
mad.gif
I thought I saw your car in York Road last August...

cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Very funny, but I have contacts in Southend
cool.gif

One of my brother in laws is a Southend fan so we parked at his brothers place just around the corner from the ground, and had a nice post match drink with the locals in a back street boozer, an old fashioned place with 2 bars, cant remember what it was called though ?

Back