• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For those that know about laptops/computers

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
I'm currently trying to get a new laptop as I've just moved to South Korea. I have been quoted a price of around £475 for a laptop of the following spec:

Model: MSI
i5 processor 3210M 2.5GHZ
15.6 LED
1366x768
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium

Does this sound like a decent spec for a computer of that price? From what I'm told prices are slightly higher in Korea for models that aren't Samsung or LG.

Has anyone heard of or had a MSI computer before?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Up until three years ago all our work PC's and workstations were MSI. I believe, although I'm only 90% sure, ALL the parts inside were supplied by DELL as that's where our IT guru had to get all the spares from when upgrading or refitting. Not much help i'm afraid but perhaps just a little insight.

MSI are fine/pretty good as a make of laptop/computers.

Just wondering whether it's worth the money. Does the one you've been offered have a graphics card at all?

What are doing in S. Korea?

MSI are fine/pretty good as a make of laptop/computers.

Just wondering whether it's worth the money. Does the one you've been offered have a graphics card at all?

What are doing in S. Korea?

I'm assuming it will as I've asked for one to match some games I want to play.

I'm out here teaching English.

I'm assuming it will as I've asked for one to match some games I want to play.

I'm out here teaching English.

Christ I hope you teach better than you write :smile:

With laptops unless they have a decent gfx card they will struggle with high end games. I got a Dell XPS13 recently with onboard gfx and it plays Football Manager ok but doubt it would do a lot else.

For that price it's probably using onboard graphics which as said will struggle with anything other than FM type games. You'll probably need to spend at least £900 to get a laptop that will handle games like Battlefield 3 etc at a decent speed. Something like this which is a stonking deal right now would fit the bill if you can get someone to ship it to you (unless they ship internationally to S. Korea of course).

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-077-MS

Thanks for all the advice guys. I probably won't be using the laptop for the most up to date games, just the likes of Football Manager and some old RTS games.

Back