• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For those who believe that the founding ideology of America

osymandus

Life President
Was based apon one religious ideal ...

I.E that America is neither founded on completely on the monotheistic ideals of Christianity or Judaism , and specificity welcomed those of other creed's and ideologies , to worship as they please.

"Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination."

-Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom

"f solemn assemblies, observations of festivals, public worship be permitted to any one sort of professors, all these things ought to be permitted to the Presbyterians, Independents, Anabaptists, Arminians, Quakers, and others, with the same liberty. Nay, if we may openly speak the truth, and as becomes one man to another, neither pagan, nor Mahometan, nor Jew ought to be excluded from the civil rights of the commonwealth because of his religion."

John Locke

From this article .... http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/eboo_patel/2010/02/religious_rights_for_christian.html

A slightly worrying idea where by someone wants to pass an repeal the freedom of some of those people to worship in America ?

Last edited:
johnlocke.jpg

Well I'm LOST..... see what I did there?

Was based apon one religious ideal ...

I.E that America is neither founded on completely on the monotheistic ideals of Christianity or Judaism , and specificity welcomed those of other creed's and ideologies , to worship as they please.

"Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination."

-Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom

"f solemn assemblies, observations of festivals, public worship be permitted to any one sort of professors, all these things ought to be permitted to the Presbyterians, Independents, Anabaptists, Arminians, Quakers, and others, with the same liberty. Nay, if we may openly speak the truth, and as becomes one man to another, neither pagan, nor Mahometan, nor Jew ought to be excluded from the civil rights of the commonwealth because of his religion."

John Locke

From this article .... http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/eboo_patel/2010/02/religious_rights_for_christian.html

A slightly worrying idea where by someone wants to pass an repeal the freedom of some of those people to worship in America ?

It's OK osy, we get it. You hate the United States of America. Go and have a game of scrabble with Osama and see how that goes for you.

That's the beauty my friend. All will be revealed this season (hopefully!)

I watched this week's episode (to be shown on Sky tomorrow) last night and it was jaw-droppingly awesome. The episode focussed on John Locke and the Locke Imposter and we were let in on some of the Island's secrets. Do not miss it.

It's OK osy, we get it. You hate the United States of America. Go and have a game of scrabble with Osama and see how that goes for you.

That would be that hidden subtext , so hidden even i wasnt aware it was there . I've quoted a founding father (Thomas Jefferson nice guy) on a America's inherent tolerance and benevolence to all peoples and creeds and you site it as a hatred of the country .

Ok.....

I watched this week's episode (to be shown on Sky tomorrow) last night and it was jaw-droppingly awesome. The episode focussed on John Locke and the Locke Imposter and we were let in on some of the Island's secrets. Do not miss it.

Yeah me too. Gotta love kickasstorents.

As for the thread its gone so far over my head that im currently standing on it. If that makes me a dunce the so be it.

But i will say this. I ****in love disneyland.

Yeah me too. Gotta love kickasstorents.

As for the thread its gone so far over my head that im currently standing on it. If that makes me a dunce the so be it.

But i will say this. I ****in love disneyland.

It is awesome really . Mwha what can you do unless you see something like this you never know , was like that bloke who first made baked Alska (baked ice cream you crazy fool fire and ice cream its madness !!!)

That would be that hidden subtext , so hidden even i wasnt aware it was there . I've quoted a founding father (Thomas Jefferson nice guy) on a America's inherent tolerance and benevolence to all peoples and creeds and you site it as a hatred of the country .

Ok.....

Because you expect people to view tolerance and benevolence on the part of the US as a huge surprise.

Try and keep up.

Because you expect people to view tolerance and benevolence on the part of the US as a huge surprise.

Try and keep up.

No , what i expect people to be shocked by is the founding ideals of America , oft put forth as the sole force for democracey and light... really was founded on those principles , yet in recent years these are deliberately eroded and ignored .

It's not me who needs to keep up , im finding im slowing down to inform you ;)

Back