• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

foreign drivers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

graysblue

Banned
it seems they have been using british roads without road tax!!

in just 1 week 1200 were captured!!!!

1 polish guy admitted on camera he had used british roads for the past 8 months without road tax.

some of you may think "whats the big deal" the problem being if these untaxed drivers kill or maim you or your loved ones there is little chance of tracing the driver.

good old blighty.

Do not forget the 40% of motorcyclist!!!

According to a report released by the Public Accounts Commitee, almost 1 in 4 motorcyclists are opting not to buy road tax for their motorbike, leading to suggestions that the whole road tax system for motorcyclists is a total joke.

In 2006 38% of rider s selected to flout the road tax rules and ignore buying road tax, a figure which is up 8% on the 2005 figure. This figure compares to 5% of all road users (up from 3.6% in 2005) and combined, the cost to the government in lost revenue is 214 million pounds.

Do not forget the 40% of motorcyclist!!!

According to a report released by the Public Accounts Commitee, almost 1 in 4 motorcyclists are opting not to buy road tax for their motorbike, leading to suggestions that the whole road tax system for motorcyclists is a total joke.

In 2006 38% of rider s selected to flout the road tax rules and ignore buying road tax, a figure which is up 8% on the 2005 figure. This figure compares to 5% of all road users (up from 3.6% in 2005) and combined, the cost to the government in lost revenue is 214 million pounds.

must admit never knew that,

nick the buggers or crush/sell their bikes.

1 polish guy admitted on camera he had used british roads for the past 8 months without road tax.

some of you may think "whats the big deal" the problem being if these untaxed drivers kill or maim you or your loved ones there is little chance of tracing the driver.

good old blighty.

I'm not sure if you're :net: or not.

If not are you telling us that all British drivers have road tax and valid insurance, or in fact drive with a valid licence? If not what's the difference?

The Department for Transport estimate that the number of untaxed cars on Britain’s roads increased over ten years from 1.33 million to 2.17 million, yet the number of successful prosecutions for car tax offences over the same time fell by almost 50 per cent from 204,606 to 103,108.

That amounts to £79 million in lost revenue.

I agree that the foreign driver issue is a problem but should we not try and get our own house in order??

The Department for Transport estimate that the number of untaxed cars on Britain’s roads increased over ten years from 1.33 million to 2.17 million, yet the number of successful prosecutions for car tax offences over the same time fell by almost 50 per cent from 204,606 to 103,108.

I agree that the foreign driver issue is a problem but should we not try and get our own house in order??

i suggest we all know the reasons behind those stats.

£79 Million? Think how many more uneducated, grasping, theiving immigrants we could give free council houses to....

If not are you telling us that all British drivers have road tax and valid insurance, or in fact drive with a valid licence? If not what's the difference?

no idea what the the blue face thing means,i assume something not very nice.

anyway i watched the report on the beeb this morning,so posted it to achieve debate.

my words were from the beeb.cannot see why you are being defensive.

good old blighty.

Link to story please I could only find this one
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...rivers-who-won-t-pay-road-tax-91466-21919091/

Quote "New figures published today show there were 8,240 vehicles clamped in Wales between April 2007 and 2008, compared with 4,990 in the previous year.

This year’s record haul included hundreds of luxury cars, including 533 BMWs, 286 Mercedes, 27 Lexus and 16 Porsches, whose owners have been criticised for being able to afford expensive vehicles but not the relevant road tax"

Or this one from the Mail in January

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eign-motorists-sends-losses-soaring-214m.html

Where 5% of all drivers are not paying tax.

However I would not take this one particularly seriously as the stats were taken at a pont which was not fully indicative . It said that 40% of all registerd motorcycles were untaxed at the point of the stats being taken, A large number of bikes are only taxed for 6 months (Usually April - October, bloody fair weather riders and are sorn'd for the winter).

As for the Polish guy using the the roads for 8 months, If it was his car brought from Poland he would only have been obliged to have paid tax for the last 2 months, and whilst not making any difference to the offence, nor to the fact that he should be paying tax, it does make it a little less sensational.

If the car is registered in the UK, then the vehicle will still be traceable , tax or no tax. However, No Road tax is a general indication of No Insurance , no registration documents, no MOT etc and usually is the less of the offences someone gets caught for. The tax per se has no impact on tracablility of the vehicle.

**EDIT **** me, in the time it took me to check my facts there wer 9 posts on the subject !!

Last edited:
no idea what the the blue face thing means,i assume something not very nice.

anyway i watched the report on the beeb this morning,so posted it to achieve debate.

my words were from the beeb.cannot see why you are being defensive.

As you desired.....Harry is debating the subject of your initial post, is that not what you wanted?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...rivers-who-won-t-pay-road-tax-91466-21919091/

Quote "New figures published today show there were 8,240 vehicles clamped in Wales between April 2007 and 2008, compared with 4,990 in the previous year.

This year’s record haul included hundreds of luxury cars, including 533 BMWs, 286 Mercedes, 27 Lexus and 16 Porsches, whose owners have been criticised for being able to afford expensive vehicles but not the relevant road tax"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eign-motorists-sends-losses-soaring-214m.html

However I would not take this one particularly seriously as the stats were taken at a pont which was not fully indicative . It said that 40% of all registerd motorcycles were untaxed at the point of the stats being taken, A large number of bikes are only taxed for 6 months (Usually April - October, bloody fair weather riders and are sorn'd for the winter).

As for the Polish guy using the the roads for 8 months, If it was his car brought from Poland he would only have been obliged to have paid tax for the last 2 months, and whilst not making any difference to the offence, nor to the fact that he should be paying tax, it does make it a little less sensational.

If the car is registered in the UK, then the vehicle will still be traceable , tax or no tax. However, No Road tax is a general indication of No Insurance , no registration documents, no MOT etc and usually is the less of the offences someone gets caught for. The tax per se has no impact on tracablility of the vehicle.

**EDIT **** me, in the time it took me to check my facts there wer 9 posts on the subject !!

i assume your car ect is taxed,i know my cars are all taxed.

your stats wpuld be better if you furnished the owners names as that indeed would shed decent light on this growing problem.

are you saying all foriegn drivers are thick and do not no the rules of this land?or is it possible they are taking the ****?

i sincerely hope none of these drivers run into you and then scarper.

I doubt he is fishing but I can give you some figures from the area my company used to cover. We covered from Saddlers Farm to Wakering and all points in between which worked out to 198 square miles. On a average day we would pull in 4/5 uninsured/non taxed vehicles on behalf of the police. When people came back for their vehicles, three out of every five were foreign. Eastern Europeans, Middle Eastern, Africans all with foreign driving licence's and mostly newly gained insurance. I scrapped more than I gave back as it was nice and easy to go out and buy another death trap from West Road or the auctions and get back on the road. Most of them never turned up in court for the 3 points and £220 fine and the courts didn't seem to inforce it. I know this because I got to know the regular faces who came up to the yard to collect belongings and rip the radio out.

good old blighty.

You haven't addressed the more serious issue of foreigners eating our food and breathing our air. That's the biggest disgrace of all. :punch:

I doubt he is fishing but I can give you some figures from the area my company used to cover. We covered from Saddlers Farm to Wakering and all points in between which worked out to 198 square miles. On a average day we would pull in 4/5 uninsured/non taxed vehicles on behalf of the police. When people came back for their vehicles, three out of every five were foreign. Eastern Europeans, Middle Eastern, Africans all with foreign driving licence's and mostly newly gained insurance. I scrapped more than I gave back as it was nice and easy to go out and buy another death trap from West Road or the auctions and get back on the road. Most of them never turned up in court for the 3 points and £220 fine and the courts didn't seem to inforce it. I know this because I got to know the regular faces who came up to the yard to collect belongings and rip the radio out.

thanks sir,

most of us realise that many overseas drivers are driving old wrecks which are deadly,some of these people have no insurance ect and their driving skills are shall we say poor.

if the police ever staged any road check in certain areas they would have a field day.

strange they dont really

To be fair though mate.....if it is 40% of 50 thousand riders throughout the winter or 40% of 300 thousand riders throughout the summer.....it is still 40%???

i assume your car ect is taxed,i know my cars are all taxed.

your stats wpuld be better if you furnished the owners names as that indeed would shed decent light on this growing problem.

are you saying all foriegn drivers are thick and do not no the rules of this land?or is it possible they are taking the ****?

i sincerely hope none of these drivers run into you and then scarper.

Not all my vehicles are taxed. If the Stats from the mail article were applied to my houshold it would show that 25% of the vehicles registered to my address are untaxed.

The old 125 in the shed is currently sorn'd

If someone runs in to me and scarpers i would not give a t**s if they were taxed or not. Insured and the vehicle registered yes , but taxed...not really

thanks sir,

most of us realise that many overseas drivers are driving old wrecks which are deadly,some of these people have no insurance ect and their driving skills are shall we say poor.

if the police ever staged any road check in certain areas they would have a field day.

strange they dont really

To be fair......I would say that the majority of 17 to 21 year olds are not blessed with the best driving skills in the world, although they drive like they think they are Lewis Hamilton.

Would be interesting to see stats for road traffic incidents involving Joey Foreigner compared to the age group of 17 to 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back