• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Foreign players

BARNETBLUE

First XI
Its always the same that a couple of wins raises supporters spirits...So here's a generally frivoulous little test!

Yesterday we fielded 4 foreign players.(Christophe, Dervite,Laurent & Moussa)

Name a full pro game when we had more than that, and the players names and nationalities

Its always the same that a couple of wins raises supporters spirits...So here's a generally frivoulous little test!

Name a full pro game when we had more than that, and the players names and nationalities

Yesterday when you add Macca

I have no idea.

In 1997/98 we had Sada N'Diaye, Regis Coulbault, Jeroen Boere and Jon Nielsen but I don't think they ever played at the same time. Nielsen only played a couple of times that season.

Actually, we had NZamba that season too but he played even less than Nielsen did.

Surely we had a team consisting of Maher, Macca, Foran, Moussa at some stage or other. Throw in Peter Clarke too: to make up the 5...Liverpool counts as a foreign speaking territory afterall.

I remember a 2-3 year period when we were relegated from the old Division one (Second Tier) and a season either side of it when we had loads of foreigners.

On the basis that foreigners are non-English, We had the likes of Mike Lapper, John Neilson, Paul Byrne, Jeroen Boere, Mark Mcnally, Neville Southall, Peter Belsvik (Loanee Dane or Norwegian), Sada N'diyae, Lars Unger, Regis Coulboult, Neville Southall, Tony Henrikson.....and I am sure a few more. Cant put a specific period on it though! Even Ronnie Whealan was an Irish Gaffer.

Freedman ?????

In addition to those already mentioned we've also had Fitzpatrick, Foley, N Jones, Searle, Thompson, Scully, Iorfa, O'Callaghan, Margetson, Hamell, Mulgrew, Lokondo, Bramble and Scannell. I'm sure there are others.

So to conclude, there is deffo a game where we have had more but no-one can be bothered to search every game. although i think with players outside of the UK you may well be correct. we're loving the frenchies atm!

edit: doesnt Betsy have a foreign nationality too, seem to remember seeing it somewhere. maybe FM tho....

So to conclude, there is deffo a game where we have had more but no-one can be bothered to search every game. although i think with players outside of the UK you may well be correct. we're loving the frenchies atm!

edit: doesnt Betsy have a foreign nationality too, seem to remember seeing it somewhere. maybe FM tho....

According to fm... he's english, but is also eligible to play for seychelles

I do remember at one point I said to Irate Ian, the Scotsman just passed it to the Belgian who passed it to the Frenchman to the Irishman. We're almost turning into Arsenal!

I have no idea to the original question, however I really fail to see how anyone can be called foreign when they reside from another country within the United Kingdom. Everyone even has the same passport!!

Sodje - played for nigeria in 2002 World Cup!
JCR - played for Jamaica against England at Old Trafford

Back