• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Building on this, what about an Irish team (North and South), To get us started:

GK - Darryl
CB - Pat Scully
CM - Maher
CM - Whelan
RM - McCormack
CF - Trevor FitzPatrick
CF - Sammy MacKilroy

LW - Declan Perkins
CM- Brian Barry-Murphy?
Kevin O Callaghan RW and move Macca to the middle?

EDIT- oops, didn't see already 2 CM's. i'm not on form today.

Last edited:
Building on this, what about an Irish team (North and South), To get us started:

GK - Darryl
CB - Pat Scully
CM - Maher
CM - Whelan
RM - McCormack
CF - Trevor FitzPatrick
CF - Sammy MacKilroy

I think you maybe mistaking Flahavan with a leprechaun.

George McKenzie, our record cap winner, was undoubtably better and more Oirish than Darryl.

Coughlan could play alongside Scully at the back.

I think the striker you refer to is Sammy McCrory.

Was Derek Spence Irish as well?

Can Sada N'Diaye be on the World XI bench? He wasn't good but he was definitely foreign (Senegal before they became all famous post WC 2002 I think).

McKenzie
Maher Scully Coughlan Barry-Murphy
Byrne McAlinden Whelan O'Callaghan
McCrory Spence

Barely good enough for the sub bench: Fitzpatrick and McCormack

Regis Coubalt was with us at the same time as N'Daiye and Neilson I think - rated him pretty high - what about Belsvik and don't forget the Moose

George McKenzie, our record cap winner, was undoubtably better and more Oirish than Darryl.

Spence was called up for Northern Ireland whilst playing for Southend ( well that's what my brother told me anyway ) got on as sub apparently

Spence was called up for Northern Ireland whilst playing for Southend ( well that's what my brother told me anyway ) got on as sub apparently

Spence played about 3 games for NI whilst at Southend. One definitely away to France. Overall he probably played for them 15-20 times, mostly whilst at Bury and Blackpool.

Spence wasand like Sammy McCrory from Norther Ireland, Scully etc played for the Republic of Ireland.

LW - Declan Perkins
CM- Brian Barry-Murphy?
Kevin O Callaghan RW and move Macca to the middle?

EDIT- oops, didn't see already 2 CM's. i'm not on form today.

That'd be the Kevin O'Callaghan who was born in Dagenham ?

The one I'd be questioning would be Declan Perkins.

Shame he wasn't here at the same time as Anton Otulakowski, we'd have had Ant & Dec in midfield!

Well embarrassed I missed Coughlan out. Surry chum.

The problem of already having 2 central midfielders with Macca still to slot in rings a few bells, doesn't it?!! :D

I saw that game, in the 101 pub in liverpool street / Bishopsgate, when they bought Spence on people were wondering what the p****d bloke in the corner was shouting about, IIRC he then shinned one over the bar from about 2 yards out.

Back