• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Forest Green Rovers 1-3 Southend United

Quick mention regarding Hutchinson last night. Thought he looked exactly the same as before he left. Held onto the ball a little too long and lightweight but could produce a little moment of magic. Thought his free kick was in.

However, Taylor bossed him. So much so, Hutchinson just resorted to shoving him over. I did enjoy that!

He may be young but those years start to tick away with every loan you go out on.

I still don't think he is the player that he and his dad think he is. He may get there, let's see. One thing is for sure, dad wouldn't have been happy with him being hauled off at half time.

Quick mention regarding Hutchinson last night. Thought he looked exactly the same as before he left. Held onto the ball a little too long and lightweight but could produce a little moment of magic. Thought his free kick was in.

However, Taylor bossed him. So much so, Hutchinson just resorted to shoving him over. I did enjoy that!

He may be young but those years start to tick away with every loan you go out on.

I still don't think he is the player that he and his dad think he is. He may get there, let's see. One thing is for sure, dad wouldn't have been happy with him being hauled off at half time.
Taylor is equally young.

Superb performance last night by everyone and totally bossed a team with the least defeats in league 2.
Even forgetting his goal , I think Ferguson has had the biggest impact of all the signings.
He is strong , comfortable on the ball and breaks up play so well.
His contribution before he struck was just that - he broke up a dangerous counter by FGR.
Quite what MM will do with the midfield when Okayinka is fit is anyone’s guess , but it’s a good problem to have.
McCormack and Demi have done ok for us this season but really can’t give the high energy of the others we now have at our disposal and bringing them on in a scenario like last night ( experience to see out a game ) is probably their best use.
I’m not anti McCormack at all and really love his antics at winding up the opposition, but the ‘attempted tackle’ he made last night that fortunately missed was ridiculous and could have put us down to 10 men.
No need for it at all.

Agreed. In fact, I was going to say the same thing. I think we have looked so much more solid in the middle since he signed.

Felt sorry for JW with the FGR goal. I thought he got pushed to the ground by the FGR player before the ball went in. Another day, it would have been disallowed if the ref had seen it.

The fact he was hooked at half time was particularly pleasing for me. The internet must have been down in the Tobi Hutchinson household last night because he has been very quiet which is most unlike him.

Average player, will soon find himself back at this level or lower on a permanent basis.

I was more pleased with our win and 3 quality goals. Rather than what an ex players dad is up to on social media.

Still we have our priorities in life

If you think I enjoyed the fact that a overhyped ex player who's old man likes to run his mouth at any given opportunity pleased me more than a great team performance, three excellent goals and three vital points then you are mistaken.

I won't apologise for enjoying two things in one night.

You said it not me and no one is suggesting you apologise. I'm so pleased there were two things that made you happy. There were at least 10 things for me.

Social media has now become a cesspit for football....Racial abuse and every other sort of abuse, including players families seems acceptable to far to many.

The worst bit is when people then say "They shouldn't go on there" or "They get paid well enough" etc.

Yet if someone answers the abusers back or another poster pulls you up on comments. Why do so many act like little brats and cant take it if its two way street.

Live by the sword then you die by it.

Last edited:
You said it not me and no one is suggesting you apologise. I'm so pleased there were two things that made you happy. There were at least 10 things for me.

Social media has now become a cesspit for football....Racial abuse and every other sort of abuse, including players families seems acceptable to far to many.

The worst bit is when people then say "They shouldn't go on there" or "They get paid well enough" etc.

Yet if someone answers them back or another poster pulls you up on comments. Why do so many act like little brats and cant take it if its two way street.

Live by the sword then you die by it.

Social media is a horrible place, I recently had to delete an account because I had the nerve to question if the lad Santos at Bolton was all that. The personal abuse I received and comments made about me 3 week old son were vile, mainly from accounts that either had a footballer or a stadium as an avatar. I will never hide behind a picture, it’s my name, my location and picture that I use, it’s me. I stand by every comment I make on Twitter or on here for that matter.

I have actually had a brief conversation with Tobi this morning. My comments were never intended to come across as hatred or whatever.

I've seen reports on Fergies wondergoal being 35,40 and 45 yards. Is there anyway to work out the correct distance?

Social media is a horrible place, I recently had to delete an account because I had the nerve to question if the lad Santos at Bolton was all that. The personal abuse I received and comments made about me 3 week old son were vile, mainly from accounts that either had a footballer or a stadium as an avatar. I will never hide behind a picture, it’s my name, my location and picture that I use, it’s me. I stand by every comment I make on Twitter or on here for that matter.

I have actually had a brief conversation with Tobi this morning. My comments were never intended to come across as hatred or whatever.

I have also met Tobi and I bet he was pleased Southend won. Yet even some of our own MM hating fans are desperate to play down last nights win or focus on Acquah etc.

Back