• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Forest Green Rovers 1-3 Southend United

Last night's victory was immense. The team, to a man, gave their all for the cause. Finally we saw the trigger pulled at the earliest opportunity and goals came. We must be in no doubt that we will not see those wonder goals in every game or even in many games. The messy stuff, tap ins, off the butt etc are the norm and we need to make sure we get our share.
Well done to the team, MM and his crew. After last night's win I even broke into a smile. It was indeed a lockdown tonic.

I've played it back loads as I'm sure most have. He'll definitely be boring his grandkids with that one. The other 2 especially Hobson's was good but no one will ever forget Nathan Ferguson whichever way his career goes from now. Hopefully upwards with another great performance against Salford.

Why did I not put £20k on Blues to win at 5/1 instead of that measly £2. Great performance all round, although agree Emile is frequently off the pace when he plays.

I certainly don't want to **** on anyone's parade after our great performance and result last night but I was a bit suprised by MM's post -match comment:- "We see that in them every day".Last night was certainly the first time I've seen anything like it in a game.

What we've now done is lift ourselves off the bottom of L2 again and given ourselves a springboard to continue the run on Saturday and in the games ahead.Remember that Barrow & Grimsby still have games in hand though.If they win them and our level of performances/results drop then they'll overtake us again.

I certainly don't want to **** on anyone's parade after our great performance and result last night but I was a bit suprised by MM's post -match comment:- "We see that in them every day".Last night was certainly the first time I've seen anything like it in a game.

What we've now done is lift ourselves off the bottom of L2 again and given ourselves a springboard to continue the run on Saturday and in the games ahead.Remember that Barrow & Grimsby still have games in hand though.If they win them and our level of performances/results drop then they'll overtake us again.

I thought the Col U performance was up there as well, pressing high up the pitch, forcing errors in the opposition half

Since the Newport game not one team we have played has really outplayed us, we shouldn't fear anyone in this league even with our lowly position. We have a good squad now

I’ve been trying to think of something to write that sums up what I saw last night ... I think it’s this ... we didn’t just win last night, we played FGR and beat them on the pitch and FGR were lucky it wasn’t 4.

that is the difference between 1-0 away at Newport 1-0 away at walsall1-0 at home to Boston ... those games and others we have looked second best but some how we have managed to grind out a win, with gamesmanship and plenty of luck.
Last night we won because we were better than them, the energy from our forwards was superb they say you defend from your forward line and it was true.

one other point the pitch was superb and finally gave our Forward line players a pitch that was worthy of their skill? Did Emile play well? Yes he played a lot better than he did at the start of the season, would I have a fit ranger in the team ? Yes I would

and my final point, had anyone got Ferguson’s phone number ? I’d like him to come around and shag my wife

Nice summary from the Gloucestershire Live web site especially re Kyle Taylor and the three up front - yes including Aquah!! :

A win against Southend would have put Rovers top of the division, five points clear of fourth with a game in hand and with a favourable run of fixtures to come. But Mark Molesley’s well-drilled side had other ideas.

In almost every interview this season, Mark Cooper has stressed the importance of outrunning the opposition before they can let their football do the talking, but they didn’t do any of that here. Rovers were outplayed and outfought by the struggling Shrimpers.

Southend’s Kyle Taylor, who only made a handful of league appearances during a largely ineffective loan spell at Rovers last season, controlled the midfield, backed up by goalscorers Timothee Dieng and Nathan Ferguson, who won every individual duel in the middle of the park.

The lively front three were energetic and targeted in their pressing, often forcing Rovers into hopeful, wayward long balls, leaving lone striker Josh Davison a frustrated figure in the first-half. Shaun Hobson’s exquisite 20 th minute opener was completely deserved.

Cooper rolled the dice at the break, making a triple change, but it was to no avail. Dieng added a second before Nathan Ferguson, 35-yards out, fired in one of the best goals The innocent New Lawn has ever seen in its 15-year history.

One final thought on FDR, their shirt design is, without a doubt, the worst we have encountered this season and they deserved to lose for that alone. Childish post complete.:Smile2:

Back