• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Forest Green Rovers v Southend United, Wednesday 24th February, 18:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 78 77.2%
  • John White

Votes: 81 80.2%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 85 84.2%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Alan McCormark

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 72 71.3%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Jacob Mellis

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 56 55.4%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 85 84.2%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 78 77.2%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Nile Ranger

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Louis Walsh

• Michael Klass

• Harry Phillips

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Rob Howard

• Harry Seaden

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Win

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 33 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feel at such a low ebb for this one. Think I need to go back to not thinking about it and expecting relegation as it didn’t hurt so much then. It’s the hope man, hope sucks bum nuggets...

100% agree. If holmes is on the bench I wont be happy. Someone who got over 100 goals plus assists to his name, has to start.

Barely half of those goals were in the league and it's three or four years since he was a potent goal threat. Goodship has scored nearly as many but there's not many clamouring for his inclusion. On paper we look ok. On the pitch we look bereft of any clue or confidence up front.

Currently I don't think we have a choice. He is lot more of a goal threat than the players we have playing each week. Basically, if we don't score some goals from somewhere we will be relegated. He has to start.

I wouldn’t disagree but Grimsbys is only 2 worse and it would only take it to be between us and them on the last day of the season and a couple of 3-0 defeats when we only lost by the odd goal and that’s a swing the other way......never underestimate the margins
Ru clutching at straws ?

Ru clutching at straws ?

I don’t know am I? I’m thinking come the 1st May it’s possible every margin available may make a difference.

It did 2 years ago when we beat Sunderland. It wasn’t just that game that kept us up it was the cumulative effect of 45 other games and just a goal or two here and there was the deciding factor or it would’ve been a 2-1 win and a relegation while Plymouth enjoyed the pitch invasion and endless dancing on top of their dug outs.....

Will we beat Saturdays one shot on target tonight....The pressure grows every game on the front men to produce with hardly any goals coming from midfield .We need wins but again tonight a point will be a struggle if we fall behind.

Barely half of those goals were in the league and it's three or four years since he was a potent goal threat. Goodship has scored nearly as many but there's not many clamouring for his inclusion. On paper we look ok. On the pitch we look bereft of any clue or confidence up front.
Even if its half still warrants a start. Atleast we will have someone providing creativity and wont hold back when it comes to shooting.

Even if its half still warrants a start. Atleast we will have someone providing creativity and wont hold back when it comes to shooting.

Sorry but we see things slightly different. I think we make more than enough final third forrays but are inept and indecisive with the finish. A creative playmaker is only a bonus if you have players that will bulge the onion bag. I think we do have them but they are woefully short of confidence and, sadly, our tactics do not always play to our strengths.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that recognises what Dimi does for us. I was going to post he was arguably our man of the match against Bolton but couldn’t be arsed with the arguments that would have almost definitely followed with me being told I know **** all about football. Out of possession, which being the side we are happens regularly, he’s possibly the best we have at pressuring the opposition, niggling at heels and forcing mistakes. His work rate is incredible! But some people don’t see beyond goal and assist numbers ?‍♂️
Shrimperzone says he's ****, so he must be.

We don't look ok on paper- we look like someone picked a side when all the forwards were unavailable/or injured. The first thought is Southend 0. I don't think for a minute that if those players picked in the forward positions are not scoring through lack of confidence unless they have never been confident in their career to date.

Goodship has been player as has never scored many unless a couple of leagues below. That's not to say he cont come good. But its not promising currently. The only reason Holmes has not been so prolific over the last couple of years is he hasn't been playing. Whenever he has been playing he has scored goals and at EFL level- indeed at higher EFL level.

So Holmes has to start and unless MM is on a bonus to keep clean sheets at the wrong end I am sure he will. With Holmes, Ranger and Olayinka back things do look more positive on paper in terms of where the goals are coming from.

It's frustrating that ANG still hasn't scored a goal for us, must be down to lack of confidence. He scored 9 in 46 appearances for Crawley which is very good for a wide player. He also scored 26 in 89 non league appearances. If only he can get back to these ratios what a bonus that would be.

It's frustrating that ANG still hasn't scored a goal for us, must be down to lack of confidence. He scored 9 in 46 appearances for Crawley which is very good for a wide player. He also scored 26 in 89 non league appearances. If only he can get back to these ratios what a bonus that would be.

He seems to play ok. Perhaps it's the lack of a target man that gives him less opportunities ?

I have only just realised its a 6PM kick off.:Look: Best get my skates on...I think we need to get some sort of result tonight but that is my heart ruling my head. We can't just go on waiting for the next game to pick up points. :LoyalSupporter:

Back