• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Forest target a win ....

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
"If we can go to Southend and get a win and the others lose then it is down to five points [to second place] with a game in hand to Doncaster."

.... Chris Cohen

and Calderwood said

"We are still in the chasing pack but we have to win the next couple of games."

it appears they don't take us too seriously and feel they can get a win ....

bring it on ....

"If we can go to Southend and get a win and the others lose then it is down to five points [to second place] with a game in hand to Doncaster."

.... Chris Cohen

and Calderwood said

bring it on ....

You would have thought they would have learnt from the last time they played us at the hall

underestimate us at your peril... but i think our squad is just too weak at the moment

They were probably just asked about there chances of automatic. Doesn't sound like they are underestimating us at all.

We need to start at a high tempo like saturday & get an early goal then show them we are no easy touch.This is a huge game for both sides and we need to keep in with them..I feel we will have to defend very well as they have good options up front & also need to keep an eye on commons in midfield-far to good for this league!!!!!!

To be fair to Colin Calderwood, he doesn't have many positives as a manager, but the one thing he does have in his favour is that he is very respectful of the opposition and almost always calls it as he sees it. He won't be underestimating us at all - he is still probably having nightmares from when we beat him at Northampton 4 times in the same season when we won the play-offs!!!

But if asked if they are coming to Roots Hall to win, then of course, the answer will be yes. They won't be coming here for anything else, or at least, they certainly won't admit that publicly!

if your a forest fan that's what you want to hear your manager saying. he doesn't actually have a pop at us they both use if's and but's.

To be fair to Colin Calderwood, he doesn't have many positives as a manager, but the one thing he does have in his favour is that he is very respectful of the opposition and almost always calls it as he sees it. He won't be underestimating us at all - he is still probably having nightmares from when we beat him at Northampton 4 times in the same season when we won the play-offs!!!

But if asked if they are coming to Roots Hall to win, then of course, the answer will be yes. They won't be coming here for anything else, or at least, they certainly won't admit that publicly!

Agreed. No manager is going to say anything less. Unless of course you are Paul Jewell or Kevin Keegan given the current predicament of Derby & Newcastle.

Their fans aren't, the Yahoo Shrimpers group had an email sent of a decent preview from a Forest fans site saying we're not to be underestimated and that the 4-1 in the autumn flattered them somewhat, as well as the game turned after Leon's somewhat harsh sending off.

They predict a 1-1 (my thoughts too actually). By all accounts they're not playing as well as they were and struggled at Crewe on Saturday. The fans have lost all faith in Calderwood and feel if they don't go up he'll be shown the door in the summer (if not before). Commons is hopefully doubtful, although Tyson & Davies are supposed to be fit though!

.... Chris Cohen

and Calderwood said

bring it on ....

Surely any team should target to win any game?

Im sure we'd be aiming to win if we were making the trip to Forest.

No harm in that statement, as others have pointed out.

I think this game could be pivotal in deciding whether or not we both make the play-offs and as to what chance we would have in them.

I do think that Forest haven't been impressive of late, and this is a great chance for us to prove a point to the teams at the top of this division

If Calderwood had us scouted on Saturday, I'm not surprised he's targeting a win. That had to be the most turgid victory I've ever seen...!!

:thump:

I think they will underestimate us... especially if they scouted us on Saturday! We have been on a good recent run at home - It will be a much better atmosphere on Tuesday and a much better performance as a result!!!

Bring it on

Back