• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
Just got back to Limerick this evening after the match last night - very bleary eyed after a long journey! Enjoyed the game, thought Forest weren't really all that at all, and we should have beaten them by more. Kanu took his goal very well - but i was very disappointed by the defending for the goal we conceded...they looked a lot more dangerous in the 2nd half, and our right hand side seemed absent to a degree on the defensive front: Francis seemed to drift into the middle a lot, and Tommy wasn't taking part in much of his defensive responsibilities...

Anyhow - i would have taken a point before kick off - so although disappointed afterwards, am still happy enough. Thought Moussa was superb last night also might i add: big difference to his performance against Forest at the City Ground earlier in the season.

Last night was my first time in the Blue Voice section, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We sat down the front, and 2 of the boys were waving TBV flags (we sneakily attached our own small Irish one to one of them too!) - and tried to get the singing going as much as possible. Also tried to get the banana splits going, but alas to no avail :whistling: It was one of the lads' first time ever at a football match, and we now have a fan for life: he absolutely loved it, and as i type he is booking his flight over with us for Carlisle next month. Great effort to those involved in the group, and those on the drums too.

Finally, was great seeing those of you i did meet last night. Went looking at half time for a few others (Saaaaarfminster, MissWestStand) but both must have been busy stalking the bluebelles and Darryl to be found by me :O Have a few photos following - and looking forward to heading back and seeing some of you at Carlisle away next month ;)

n661591923_733766_9303.jpg

L-R: Bobby, Cyril, and myself, just before the Forest match

n661591923_733767_4.jpg

Pre Forest in the Spread

Just got back to Limerick this evening after the match last night - very bleary eyed after a long journey! Enjoyed the game, thought Forest weren't really all that at all, and we should have beaten them by more. Kanu took his goal very well - but i was very disappointed by the defending for the goal we conceded...they looked a lot more dangerous in the 2nd half, and our right hand side seemed absent to a degree on the defensive front: Francis seemed to drift into the middle a lot, and Tommy wasn't taking part in much of his defensive responsibilities...

Anyhow - i would have taken a point before kick off - so although disappointed afterwards, am still happy enough. Thought Moussa was superb last night also might i add: big difference to his performance against Forest at the City Ground earlier in the season.

Last night was my first time in the Blue Voice section, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We sat down the front, and 2 of the boys were waving TBV flags (we sneakily attached our own small Irish one to one of them too!) - and tried to get the singing going as much as possible. Also tried to get the banana splits going, but alas to no avail :whistling: It was one of the lads' first time ever at a football match, and we now have a fan for life: he absolutely loved it, and as i type he is booking his flight over with us for Carlisle next month. Great effort to those involved in the group, and those on the drums too.

Finally, was great seeing those of you i did meet last night. Went looking at half time for a few others (Saaaaarfminster, MissWestStand) but both must have been busy stalking the bluebelles and Darryl to be found by me :O Have a few photos following - and looking forward to heading back and seeing some of you at Carlisle away next month ;)

n661591923_733767_4.jpg

Pre Forest in the Spread

Good Effort sir......have some greens

Yep, well done to the Irish lad's, great effort waving TBV flags for most of the game.

My son asked why there was an Irish Flag in the West Stand and I explained I thought you may be over for the game. He was well impressed. Heard a few people in The Far Post mention you too. Youre fast becoming a legend young sir. Have some green for your efforts.
PS. Anyone remember the Mexican Flag at the Millenium ? Havent seen them since have you ? Call themselves loyal fans ? :D

I also saw the Irish flag, yet I was so tired I didn't twig that it was Irish and the fact that we do not live in Ireland.

Top effort coming over I_S.

I think it was disgraceful.. next there will be celtic shirts about.

Irish shrimper, are you actually irish? Genuine question.

n661591923_733767_4.jpg

Pre Forest in the Spread

Me and my mate that I go to match's with sat behind you lot on Tuesday night. Could see you throughly enjoyed yourselves, and a brilliant effort on the singing. Did manage to get a few chants going- which me and my mate joined in. Although wasn't sure on the banana split.

Was quite entertaining watching the one on the furthest right attempting to teach the young lad to wave the flag (which blocked my view!).

Anyway hope to see ya down that end again.

All the best.

BtB.

I think it was disgraceful.. next there will be celtic shirts about.

Irish shrimper, are you actually irish? Genuine question.

Yes I am. Lived in Essex for a few years: thus the Southend connection. My parents like to move around a bit, so it was back to Limerick from there again.

I had a feeling the flag would annoy a couple of people - the lads wanted to start a rendition of the fields of athenry also - but I respect the fact we are in your country, and didn't want anyone to feel in the least bit uncomfortable - so i told them not to.

I hope you can understand though - that going to Roots Hall is like an away game for me - and at away games supporters generally bring their various flags and what not. So I am no different in that sense.

I had a feeling the flag would annoy a couple of people - the lads wanted to start a rendition of the fields of athenry also - but I respect the fact we are in your country, and didn't want anyone to feel in the least bit uncomfortable - so i told them not to.

You had better also tell them to curb that behaviour when you all come to Glasgow unless they're sure of the affilliation of the pub they're in. If for example they had a chorus of that in Central Station there is the potential for trouble!

You had better also tell them to curb that behaviour when you all come to Glasgow unless they're sure of the affilliation of the pub they're in. If for example they had a chorus of that in Central Station there is the potential for trouble!

I wouldn't be that stupid Rich! :cricko:

Yes I am. Lived in Essex for a few years: thus the Southend connection. My parents like to move around a bit, so it was back to Limerick from there again.

I hope you can understand though - that going to Roots Hall is like an away game for me - and at away games supporters generally bring their various flags and what not. So I am no different in that sense.

Spot on mate........and we should keep doing it.....I think i will wear my Nephews Gretna shirt to the next Southend game!!!

Back