• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Former Grimsby Town manager Michael Jolley is keen to be next Southend United boss

...and now for your next story:

Former out-of-work lower league manager (insert suitable name for whom I have a mobile number) keen to take Ron for a ride.

Actually, I would have done the same.
If I were also Chris, I would get as many of these out there before Mr M actually appoints someone!

The next story will be ‘Sol Campbell rules himself out of being the next Southend manager.’ Yeah, by being **** as the last one.

Despite the uncertainty surrounding the club off the field, it’s encouraging the amount of people who have shown a willingness to take the job on.. despite what we may think of them.

Remove the post then if your unhappy with it. No need to go down the belittle route is there.

I didn’t belittle? I just asked for a clarification - please do provide one because I’ve given a clear answer on the only potential controversy I can find, with no belittling or attacking of you in any conceivable way. If there is something else that hasn’t been convincingly dealt with by the courts and quoted on this thread then please do say. Otherwise let’s not ‘nudge nudge wink wink’ besmirch the reputation of candidates for the managers job before they even lick the stamp on their application please.

I didn’t belittle? I just asked for a clarification - please do provide one because I’ve given a clear answer on the only potential controversy I can find, with no belittling or attacking of you in any conceivable way. If there is something else that hasn’t been convincingly dealt with by the courts and quoted on this thread then please do say. Otherwise let’s not ‘nudge nudge wink wink’ besmirch the reputation of candidates for the managers job before they even lick the stamp on their application please.

Then a simple PM asking me to edit the post instead of second guessing and then going on to post what you think I was getting at.

Then a simple PM asking me to edit the post instead of second guessing and then going on to post what you think I was getting at.

No PM required. Perhaps a time-out and a re-read of this thread will do you fine. Case closed: there is no past to concern anyone - back on topic please. If you are concerned Hypo by all means PM me, otherwise let’s move on please.

Give him a break - his battery level was down to just 8%!

Jolley is an interesting candidate given his Swedish background and the amount of time Ron spent pursuing a Swedish manager last time. He's the type I can see smoothtalking Ron with his Cambridge degree and City background whilst bonding over being found not guilty on sexual assault charges and then and blowing him away with a powerpoint presentation. Whether that makes a good candidate, I don't know. There may be something said for taking someone on with their second shot at management. Experienced enough to know what they'd do differently but not yet long enough in the game to be jaded and for their technical knowledge to be out of date. I don't know enough about Jolley's time as Grimsby though.

Hi all! Hope all is well, Saw on twitter that MJ has expressed interest in your club- but then he is out of work so of course he would-. Left under a cloud here after an expletive ridden rant pre press conference which was secretly recorded and leaked. In fairness to his Conviction, the girl lied about her age, only reason he was found guilty if because he himself called the police after they robbed and assaulted him. He worked wonders with our dire squad and kept us up in his first season, he came in with 10 games to go and we were winless in 20. We won 5? I think of our last 10 and drew 2 and believe me. We were woeful! Second season good signings on paper good cup run to Palace too, every time we seemed to move forward though he seemed to put the breaks on and become defensive again. Worrying too much about the opposition but still progress throughout the season. Season just gone started very well, some good signings for the level playing attacking football but he then reverted to type and we went back to defensive hoofball. Fans disgruntled and then this press conference got him the boot. Very intelligent man, think he will have learnt a lot from his time at Grimsby and i think could be a good appointment for you. He certainly aint doing it for the money, blokes a very wealthy man, i’ll follow the story with interest

Remove the post then if your unhappy with it. No need to go down the belittle route is there.

Hardly belittling, your cryptic post didn’t really tell those who didn’t know much. Spiffers clearly pointed out what you have an issue with. I found it informative as I didn’t know about that.

Hi all! Hope all is well, Saw on twitter that MJ has expressed interest in your club- but then he is out of work so of course he would-. Left under a cloud here after an expletive ridden rant pre press conference which was secretly recorded and leaked. In fairness to his Conviction, the girl lied about her age, only reason he was found guilty if because he himself called the police after they robbed and assaulted him. He worked wonders with our dire squad and kept us up in his first season, he came in with 10 games to go and we were winless in 20. We won 5? I think of our last 10 and drew 2 and believe me. We were woeful! Second season good signings on paper good cup run to Palace too, every time we seemed to move forward though he seemed to put the breaks on and become defensive again. Worrying too much about the opposition but still progress throughout the season. Season just gone started very well, some good signings for the level playing attacking football but he then reverted to type and we went back to defensive hoofball. Fans disgruntled and then this press conference got him the boot. Very intelligent man, think he will have learnt a lot from his time at Grimsby and i think could be a good appointment for you. He certainly aint doing it for the money, blokes a very wealthy man, i’ll follow the story with interest
Thanks. You make a good case for him. You his agent?
:Winking:

Right, who's got a copy of that press conference?

(Admittedly I want it more for entertainment than due diligence purposes)

Back