• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Former Huddersfield and Birmingham boss Lee Clarkkeen on Southend job

Because in many blinkered eyes he’s not Adam Barrett

Got less to do with that and more to do with the fact that he's an arrogant, abrasive Northern hoofball merchant who has consistently alienated his players at previous clubs and contrived to use his "extensive EFL experience" to fail in non-league.

No thanks, surely even a skint league 2 side with a squad full of kids should be looking away from him

Nice one Chris Phillips, good clickbait for raging Southend fans. Could do better though Chris, there must be some other juicy names for us all

Nice one Chris Phillips, good clickbait for raging Southend fans. Could do better though Chris, there must be some other juicy names for us all

I am sure Lee Clark is interested, but if he cannot run a club when money does not appear to be a problem, his chances of doing so when a club is skint do not look promising.

Clark did a good job at Huddersfield but that was it, after that he has had a poor record. COuld be club circumstances etc but then that falls into where we are. We should for me look elsewhere but then I am also one for not wanting to appoint a club legend just because he is well liked.

Back on Clark, his record is similar to Tilson in some ways, did well at one clubs then it fell away due to tough times at the clubs he went too possibly

I personally don't know much about him, but I don't think we're going to have too many applicants so I'm mostly surprised someone wants the job.
We will have loads of applicants, even the most undesirable jobs get loads. So many out of work managers and only so many jobs. When Chelmsford City advertised for a new manager a few years back when Kevin maher was caretaker and applied I was amazed at the number and some of the names, including a guy who had managed in the Premier league!

Wasn’t it Lee Clark that convinced Adam Thompson to sign for Bury instead of staying with us and then loaned him out shortly after signing to Bradford?

And I’m interested in Maya Jama but that’s not gonna happen either. No thank you to any of the bomb squad merry go round of Clark, Westley, Allen, Megson etc

And I’m interested in Maya Jama but that’s not gonna happen either. No thank you to any of the bomb squad merry go round of Clark, Westley, Allen, Megson etc

But his kids call him medal winner!

With Huddersfield think he went on one of the longest winning runs in history, if not the longest.
Every club after that has been shocking but he does have it in the locker, maybe Southend would be the right fit who knows, i say give him a chance.
People going on about Barrett why the hell would he give Millwall up to jump into a pan of ? with players not getting paid on time and a Chairman that couldnt run a bath let alone a football club, lets not forget he finally got planning for the new stadium , what was it 15 years ago, what a messer.
I think Lee Clark wanting to come is a miracle so give him a bash.
We have nothing to lose these days.

With Huddersfield think he went on one of the longest winning runs in history, if not the longest.
Every club after that has been shocking but he does have it in the locker, maybe Southend would be the right fit who knows, i say give him a chance.
People going on about Barrett why the hell would he give Millwall up to jump into a pan of ? with players not getting paid on time and a Chairman that couldnt run a bath let alone a football club, lets not forget he finally got planning for the new stadium , what was it 15 years ago, what a messer.
I think Lee Clark wanting to come is a miracle so give him a bash.
We have nothing to lose these days.

Nothing to lose except our league status.

Oh dear ...

I know we could not afford Sol and co

... but talk about be careful what you wish for

Back